French élection

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367468 by Cheb
French élection was created by Cheb
- One poll, one question. Currently there are presidential elections in France. As Jedi we must respect the laws of the land in - One poll, one question. Currently there are presidential elections in France. As Jedi wue must respect the laws of the country in which we find ourselves. But what to do when the opinions are contrary to our principles? We are. But what to do when the opinions are contrary to our principles?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367469 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic French élection
Well, thing is that the French people took the decision of voting for that person, we as Jedi can't really do anything against it, we know when to act and when not to, acting against the law will only bring you trouble and won't help at all, in my honest opinion. Of course in the event where human rights were to be damaged, it's the time to start acting. But I don't believe we're at such a case right now, so far the only thing that happened is the exact same thing as 5 years ago, that is Macron vs Le Pen in the second round. We can disagree with someone but we must respect the choice of the people. That is at least my own thoughts on the subject, of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cheb

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367471 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic French élection
- That's not what I thought in my first message.

- If we take the First Jedi, the fall began when they entered the politics of the Republic.

- We current Jedi live in different countries with different laws, how to interpret these laws?

- We are beings who perceive the strength and therefore the value and beauty of life but if the laws harm the values ​​in which we believe what to do? - Sometimes I think that we Jedi, should live elsewhere in a place where only the law of the reason, the love and the reflection is required.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #367472 by River
Replied by River on topic French élection

Cheb wrote: - Sometimes I think that we Jedi, should live elsewhere in a place where only the law of the reason, the love and the reflection is required.

I'm afraid I don't know enough to really comment on the rest of your thoughts, but this one struck me. I agree it would be really nice to live in some sort of Jedi retreat, where the law of the land is based on principles of compassion and true justice. And yet, if we were to do that, what of the people still living in the rest of the world? Those people are the reason I am a Jedi: so that I can serve mankind to the best of my ability and help us to achieve greater and greater degrees of humanity. Without that type of service all of my work is useless to anyone but me, and that's not what I feel it means to be a Jedi.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by River.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367473 by Cheb
- I agree with you, but everywhere I look I see only war and death.

- Our actions as beautiful and altruistic as they are will not change the nature of man... In my country I see the people demonstrating, burning to oppose the state. Yet the people vote again for the same person.

- It is to think that the problem is not the top of the pyramid but the base itself. The people protest because they want everything, all the time. He himself creates the problems, the crises whereas elsewhere in the world, he has war and death.

- A Jedi must help his neighbor in the best of these capacities, in the region where he lives. But sometimes people cannot be saved from their stupidities... My country is sinking into stupidity and the deepest individualism. I wonder what can still be my role in it?

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367474 by River
I believe grassroots efforts such as Jedi realism not only can change the world, but may be the only viable way to do so.
Maybe just not on the time line we'd most like.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #367475 by River

Cheb wrote:
- A Jedi must help his neighbor in the best of these capacities, in the region where he lives. But sometimes people cannot be saved from their stupidities... My country is sinking into stupidity and the deepest individualism. I wonder what can still be my role in it?

As an American, I can definitely understand the feeling that your country is not going in the direction you feel is best.

For me, just living up to my values is what feels like the best thing I can do. I can be an example, and I can support and teach people who are willing and able to learn. It sometimes doesn't feel like enough in the face of events that seem so very bad and so very big, but it is what is in my capacity to do and I have faith that it helps.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by River.

More
2 years 1 week ago #367477 by Vincent Causse
Replied by Vincent Causse on topic French élection
Politic and world s affair are a tricky subject. Part of me say to not mix with politic at all, in the movie the Jedi order started to go very wrong when they pretty much mixed them self with politic and wars. It is the delicate balance of do or dont with more options ! I do not believe in the saying : if you re not with us you are against us. This was the main problem for the Jedi order i guess . Politic see things very black and white. Now if we do not want to be mixed with political affair there re still those time where for example voting might make a difference between the best of 2 evil. I say that because i do not believe that there re one single GOOD politic person on earth, what ever is the type of government from king to president, dictator ship not one is right or better in the end they all obey to one higher authority with one goal in mind : Gold/power. The main problem is that most of us know or see only the tip of the iceberg, we have no idea what actually goes on beside what the media tells us (with all the misinformation, political manipulation) and what the government decide to let us know. This is not a new thing either, i ve often thought about the French revolution as an example, we were told that the Royalty was pretty much evil, that they kept the people hungry, the queen was a selfish and a spender etc etc so that horribly violant revolution was the right thing to do and we should celebrate all the blood that was spilled in the name of "freedom". This was already a huge political manipulation done by some people who wanted the power to them self. The media were already been used to do their worse and the populace used to commit the action. The same thing happened in many wars until now, the puppets masters play chess.
As Jedis do we want to actually participate? I believe that this is a really personal thing, it is just like the definition of the force , it reside in your heart. But one thing we can not argue, Jedis must search for balance with the Force, to decide when to act and when not to. This demand us to not us our emotions but find wisdom so we do not follow the madness of our society. Now what a Jedi can really do is to glow, this working on our self to become model beings, so that our way of life and actions reflect on others in the most positive way as possible.

More
2 years 1 week ago #367478 by Cheb
Thank you for this conversation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: River, Vincent Causse

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi