Old letters to the fallen one.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7776 by
These letters were written to my first padawan, who fell, I hope you gain more wisdom from them than he did.

This letter is from Sterling, chosen by the will of the force to be an teacher of men. I have been sent out to tell others about the life it has given me.

I am writing to Daniel, my dear son.

May the Force give you grace, mercy, and peace.

Daniel, I thank the force for you—the Force I serve with a clear conscience. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. I long to see you again, for I remember our last conversation.

I remember your genuine faith. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift the Light gave you. For the Light has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

So never be ashamed to tell others about our faith.

Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me—a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have for me and the Force. Through the power of the light who guides our very existence, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

Daniel, my dear son, be strong through the grace that the Force gives you. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of the Force. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. Think about what I am saying. The Force will help you understand all these things.

Remind everyone about these things, and command them in the Force's presence to stop fighting over words. Such arguments are useless, and they can ruin those who hear them.

Work hard so you can present yourself to the Force and receive it's approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more dark behavior.

Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Force must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps the Force will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the dark side’s trap. For they have been held captive by their own desires and the evil desires of the Dark side, to do whatever it wants.

But you, Daniel, certainly know what I teach, and how I live, and what my purpose in life is. You know my faith, my patience, my love, and my endurance. You know how much persecution and suffering I have endured - but the Force rescued me from all of it. Yes, and everyone who wants to live a good life in the light will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. You have been taught of the Force from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in the Force.

I solemnly urge you in the presence of the Force: Preach the words of the Light. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage people with good teaching.

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.

But you, Daniel, must build all other Jedi up in our most holy faith, meditate in the power of the Force. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in the Force's light.

And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of the Dark Side. Show mercy to still others,but do so with great caution, hating the darkness that contaminate their lives, for if you do not you may also fail.

Now all glory to the Light, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into it's glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to The Force. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are it's before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! MTFBWYA!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7777 by Jon
Certainly an inspiring letter. What do you mean by your Padawan fell?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7780 by
Replied by on topic Re:Old letters to the fallen one.
Reminds me of I & II Timothy from the Bible in the form it is written.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7782 by
it is an inspiring and wise letter, it was filled with compassion and truth. you could feel how much you loved and cared for your padawan.

i am curious how he fell (if it is none of my buisness i understand) so i know what not to do.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7784 by
Basicallly he alllowed the opinions of others to impact him and draw him into elements that no Jedi should encounter.

And yes, parts of this letter was inspired from II timothy. Highly altered and my own thoughts interjected though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7785 by
I & II Timothy were my favorite books of the new testiment. You could really feel Paul pouring out his heart to Timothy. I understand why you would use that form of writing to try and reach your padawan.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7788 by
I did not have time to get into why he fell this morning, but I wish to share, so that others may not fall as he did.

Daniel was a Christian before becoming a Jedi, but he did not belong to a normal Christian sect like I do and have belonged to in the past but to a highly fundementalist group, reminiscenct of the amish ( Clothing wise and law wise not concerning technology).

He allowed many of his friends to convince him to take back up his old religion, and deny Jediism altogether. Not only did he say that Jediism was wrong but that I was evil for believing in the good that it had done for me. A friend of his told me that my padawan had said that if there was a dark side that he gladly was part of it, for he hated me for convincing him of a lie in the first place.

To this day it hurts greatly to know of the betrayal rought by the ultra-fundemenal \"friends\" of my padawan, and his own betrayal of me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7790 by
I feel with you my brother, that is something we all should hope not have to experience ... although not everybody will be untroubled by it ... it is always sad to see a padawan fall, but we always have to reminds us that it must not have been our fault, but simply the will of the Force ... no matter what, may the Force be strong with you in these days

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7791 by
Oh the force is with me, this was some time ago.

TOday I am almost ready to promote my padawan after he passes what I call the \"trails\"

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7792 by Jon
We must also not forget that any apprentices are given to our trust to help them on their way. They are not ours but of the Force. The old addage which is refered to God can also apply to the Force, the Force works in mysterious ways. Our 16 Basic Teaching tells us this (16.10): \"Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose\". So this might not be a negative step but a neccessary step on his journey through life. Obviously he has matters to sort out which may lead him back to the faith or not. We have to learn to give back to the Force which is its. And lets us all not forget that the Dark side, the Sith Rite, is also a valid part of our Temple.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi