The Force Unleashed II

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33639 by
The Force Unleashed II was created by
I don't know how many of you have played TFU

I love the game - still play it lots on my XBox360 - anyway, part two of the story is due for release (in the UK anyway) at the end of October 2010.

Just wondering if anyone else is interested or even pre-ordered it (Ive ordered the Limited ed ;) )

Here is a link to the Lucasarts site with lots of info and downloads etc

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/

As always, I'll post a review when ive got n played the game

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33649 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Force Unleashed II
played the demo but didnt really play the game im actually still waiting now 2years into it on the release of swtor star wars the old republic its an mmo based on old republic

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33652 by
im interested in the mmo too (as long as they dont ruin it like last time) but dont know if my old clunker of a pc will run it - and im not going to buy a new pc just to run 1 new game :D

someone can post a thread on TOR when is released or something ;)

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33805 by
Just got the audiobook and comic for Force Unleashed II, so far both are pretty well done, the comic was amazing, but mostly about Fett hunting Starkiller and Juno. I hope to pick up the game for my wii in a week or so when its released

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 5 months ago #33985 by
Here's my review of the Wii version of Force Unleashed II

Ok, this is my opinion, and not that of the temple....

Having played the entire game in one sitting, I shall warn people... this game can be beaten on normal easily within 4 hours, it is very short, and kind of leaves one thinking that there should be more, in places the game shows the effect of firing a team and then telling them to finish the game before they leave.

With that said, it is a solid game, always fun to throw stormies and ties around, and story wise, it is an intriguing story that leaves me wondering... what the heck happens to Starkiller and Juno... Though I really did like a quote in one of the cut-scenes... Starkiller is asking about being a clone to Rahm Kota and Kota says that he believes that it doesn't matter if he's a clone as long as he is still himself

This really feels like it is the middle of a trilogy, and like there should of been more levels, 4 hours on normal was just way too short, and the controls were quite different from the last game being less about motion controls, and more about being in control, which I personally think they could of balanced better

Anyways, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for the fact I got to fight Boba Fett + minions and enjoy it with force powers, throw ties like candy bars, and find out more about the characters that I enjoyed in the original game, this is no masterpiece like Empire Strikes back, but possibly a contender with Shadows of the Empire

More
13 years 5 months ago #33990 by Damion_Storm
I played this on the 360 and agree with Jasper that it was way too short for my taste but it also left a big \"When does the next one come out\" feel to the ending. I played the first version on the Wii and enjoyed feeling like I was actually playing as a Jedi. The next console game I really look forward to is the Star Wars game being developed for the X-box 360 Kinect system though there is no date for it that I have seen. As I understand it will be like playing on the Wii but without the controlers.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 5 months ago #34001 by
My review of it for 360 in a word - dissappointment :(

I haventplayed it thru yet (firstly im restricted to 2 hours ata time cos of eye sight, second, i like to explore levels for the crystals)

Things I hate - its more like playing as some sort of supper heroe than a jedi, the force bar recovers way too fast - in fac so far i have never run out of force energy - troopers are too easy to kill - jumptroopers are not as tough as on the 1st version, in fact one short lightning zap and they are dead. Overall, there is a lack of feel in your characters development, unlike the 1st game, you dont really feel the urge to upgrade the force powers in this one, there just isnt the need - he come with them already - i feel myself playing this game just to get to the beautifully executed cutscenes - which makes me dumb as they are all on youtube anyway :D

In fact once you learn what kills what - the game is too easy - even the holocrons are easy to find.

Dont like the crystal set up sabers - ie the colour also changes the sabers abilities.

No such thing as a puzzel - kota tells yo exactly what to do (in boss fights anyway) and the other puzzels - what puzzels?

Sure it all looks superb and sounds equally so - but there is no depth to this game - and at least half of the powers from the original are missing

Another annoyance is some of the force powers and crystals are NOT to be found in the main game, you have to have toplay the challenge levels to earn them - now ive not tried these challenges yet but from other games - i hate them - usually time trial type things that require only the skill to slash em up real quick.

Ive read alot of moans about the brief appearance of yoda and boba fett etc - so what - they didnt feature in the 1st so live with it

The dual saber thing doesnt feel anything special - since all the force enemies have them too and you have it from the outset - infact i feel starkiller is too powerful from the start - I dont think you really need to upgrade the powers since he is so good anyway

Nice big grandeous views of planets and worlds - still stuck on a narrow path with little to explore

Anyone noticed Juno has had reduction surgery too :P seems the alliance dont like distractions :P

Im sort of enjoying playing the game (I got the collectors ed) but its not as good and in many ways worse than the 1st - and tbh - im not surprised this is the case as video games are full of such examples (tombraider being the classic example)

I would have been happy to wait longer for a better polished product but whats the bet a few addons appear on the various console marketplaces (online shopping malls) - this wouldnt be so bad but we then have to pay more money in the hope of buying an improvement

For those interested, my game came with full script etc, so if your interested and if i can, I will post it here at some point

I also dislike it when a game obviously ends witha heavy hint of part 3 to come - least withpart 1 - starkiller was dead either way (well, until now thats what the story held). I will no doubt buy ep3 of this story (in steelbook again) only because im a collector - om not holding too much hope for the story tho.

The force unleashed 1 was awarded with multiple prizes for plo, story etc etc etc - i think the only prize this one will get is the wooden spoon (booby prize)

If you havent pought it already - rent it 1st

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi