SPOILER ALERT" Reincarnation - Theory on youtube

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 3 months ago #218223 by Jestor

Kamizu wrote: That still leaves the spoiler in the title lol

Sorry, that's me messing around...

By the end of January, anyone who hasn't seen it will just have to deal with it...

Like myself, lol...

I won't see it most likely until it comes out on DVD... I'm resigned to it, lol..

But, I am avoiding these spoilers too... :P

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218226 by
I have the strange feeling that Rey is the daughter of Luke and Captain Phasma. I do so hope i am wrong :blink:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218228 by
I read a very interesting article the other day that posited four possible theories as to her parentage.
  1. Luke's daughter. But that then raises the questions of why he left her there and who the mother is. (I hadn't thought of Phasma Marta. I kind of like it depending on her back story.
  2. Leia's daughter (with or without Han). Again, questions about why she was left there.
  3. My favorite but least likely. Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter from a post Episode 3 fling on Tattoine.
  4. She's just some random chick. Which I like because it moves away from there being one family that just keeps blowing up planets in it's dysfunctional family arguments. Plus it allows the audience to put themselves in her place as the "average joe" who can change the fate of the universe.

More
8 years 3 months ago #218230 by Edan

MartaLina wrote: I have the strange feeling that Rey is the daughter of Luke and Captain Phasma. I do so hope i am wrong :blink:

Phasma seems unlikely to me, I think she'll be the new 'Boba Fett' type character in this line of films... probably going after her Rogue Storm Trooper.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #218242 by Avalon
While the theory is interesting, I find the theory that Snoke is Darth Plagueis (or even Darth Bane as apparently that one now exists too? o.O) to be more plausible in the long run than for a current character to be the reincarnation of a previously known to be deceased character. Particularly when you take into consideration that that character joined the force and, at least to my knowledge, reincarnation isn't something that's ever really existed, even in the EU.

Now Goken... your third theory intrigues me... Especially since we have no clue what happened to Obi-Wan in between 3 and 4 for the time being. Sure, he was on Tattooine the whole time. That's about all we know.

I'm for the theory of her being Luke's daughter, personally, though that would still leave a lot of questions unanswered. But then again, I like the theory of her being a random individual, which would be nice too.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Avalon.

More
8 years 3 months ago #218244 by Edan

Avalonslight wrote: While the theory is interesting, I find the theory that Snoke is Darth Plagueis (or even Darth Bane as apparently that one now exists too? o.O) to be more plausible in the long run than for a current character to be the reincarnation of a previously known to be deceased character. Particularly when you take into consideration that that character joined the force and, at least to my knowledge, reincarnation isn't something that's ever really existed, even in the EU.

My fiance suggested it was Darth Plagueis even before we heard the theory... I like the idea as (if I am remembering the book correctly), you don't actually see confirmed that he dies. I assume the book 'Darth Plageuis' must still be canon given that the book was written to overlap episode one.. but even if not, Sidious doesn't tell us how he dies, so could still be possible.

More
8 years 3 months ago #218248 by Avalon

Edan wrote: My fiance suggested it was Darth Plagueis even before we heard the theory... I like the idea as (if I am remembering the book correctly), you don't actually see confirmed that he dies. I assume the book 'Darth Plageuis' must still be canon given that the book was written to overlap episode one.. but even if not, Sidious doesn't tell us how he dies, so could still be possible.

I wish it were. It was a really interesting book. But I'm pretty certain if asked, the answer would be no. I don't think any of the old books qualify anymore.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #218249 by Ben

Avalonslight wrote:

Edan wrote: My fiance suggested it was Darth Plagueis even before we heard the theory... I like the idea as (if I am remembering the book correctly), you don't actually see confirmed that he dies. I assume the book 'Darth Plageuis' must still be canon given that the book was written to overlap episode one.. but even if not, Sidious doesn't tell us how he dies, so could still be possible.

I wish it were. It was a really interesting book. But I'm pretty certain if asked, the answer would be no. I don't think any of the old books qualify anymore.

Yes, that's my understanding too. I think the only things that we can take as being canon are those things that are explicitly shown/said in the existing films. Backstories from any other material now have to be thrown out the window. :dry:

I thought we were supposed to assume that Rey is Luke's daughter...it seemed so 'obvious'. So much so that I'm starting to convince myself that it has to be a red herring...

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218252 by

V-Tog wrote: I thought we were supposed to assume that Rey is Luke's daughter...it seemed so 'obvious'. So much so that I'm starting to convince myself that it has to be a red herring...

I fell for it loll :silly:

More
8 years 3 months ago #218255 by Edan

MartaLina wrote:

V-Tog wrote: I thought we were supposed to assume that Rey is Luke's daughter...it seemed so 'obvious'. So much so that I'm starting to convince myself that it has to be a red herring...

I fell for it loll :silly:

You've only fallen for it if it turns out not to be true :P

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi