Jedi First Pillar

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #361797 by
Jedi First Pillar was created by
I have just designed a graphic image based on the First Pillar of the Jedi "The Force" - I would like to some feedback on the notion I used and the general idea and design. It would be much appreciated thank you.

May The Force Be With You

This message contains confidential information

Please do not advertise as holding a rank that has not been awarded by TOTJO. This is presented as a lesson and only Knights can teach here. Expressing a personal opinion or belief is fine as long as it's clearly stated as such. The graphic is no longer visible except to the moderators. Thank you. ~ Br. John
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Br. John. Reason: Presenting as a Master and 'teaching'.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #361804 by River
Replied by River on topic Jedi First Pillar
It seems like it's fairly heavily based on the fiction, and that it represents one interpretation of the Force. I'm not sure it's fair to call it a "Jedi pillar," especially when it comes to Jedi realism.

I also found it difficult to read the last line, the one in script, which was a bit distracting.

I do like the overall aesthetic and I can see why having things written like this would be very satisfying.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by River.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362002 by
Replied by on topic Jedi First Pillar
How do you know if am not a Master from another Temple? If a Catholic Priest was ordained in for example the UK would that not make him a priest if he visited Italy?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362004 by
Replied by on topic Jedi First Pillar

Jedi Starwalker wrote: How do you know if am not a Master from another Temple? If a Catholic Priest was ordained in for example the UK would that not make him a priest if he visited Italy?

Because a Master need not announce themselves.

This community, even including the wider community, is still yet small enough that those that are masters are known, even between groups.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #362005 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi First Pillar
Mod hat on

Our rules do not allow for the advertising of outside groups for the purpose (accidental or otherwise) of teaching as, while a Catholic priests' education may be standard and most Christians are 'singing from the same songsheet' so to speak, the teaching of other Jedi is not and we do not know you. Therefore, we request that Jedi new to our Temple who have not undergone our training, refrain from training others here, or giving the appearance that they can train others here. Unfortunately that means that advertising yourself as a Master, while not holding that rank here, is not allowed.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W,

More
2 years 7 months ago #362009 by River
Replied by River on topic Jedi First Pillar
You may very well be. I have no idea. Whether you are or not though, my thoughts on the pillar as presented, stand. I'd say the same to even a Master at this Temple.

More
2 years 7 months ago #362010 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Jedi First Pillar

Jedi Starwalker wrote: I have just designed a graphic image based on the First Pillar of the Jedi "The Force" - I would like to some feedback on the notion I used and the general idea and design. It would be much appreciated thank you.

I take it this first pillar is from the Jedi Path book? The image keeps well with the Star Wars aesthetic, but it has way too much text, it becomes painful to read as an image. Maybe summarize?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi