• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #187761 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Increasing energy
here's the thing....deep thought can be relaxing, if it brings the individual joy....einstein enjoyed solving things...he didn't do it because it was work he did it because it was fun for him...some people get energized solving things, some people get energized doing nothing....when the wright brothers successfully tested the first plane do you think they acted exhausted or exuberant?...i have the feeling that they were so energized by their success that they couldn't get to sleep that night....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187764 by
Replied by on topic Increasing energy

RyuJin wrote: here's the thing....deep thought can be relaxing, if it brings the individual joy....einstein enjoyed solving things...he didn't do it because it was work he did it because it was fun for him...some people get energized solving things, some people get energized doing nothing....when the wright brothers successfully tested the first plane do you think they acted exhausted or exuberant?...i have the feeling that they were so energized by their success that they couldn't get to sleep that night....

I completely agree you RyuJin, serous thought when it breads success does make exuberant energy and I do think that is what happened with the Wright brothers and I know thats what happened with the Dodge brothers when they made their first motor Dodge car.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #187766 by RyuJin
what i think obi was getting at was that some people spend too much time in deep thought without joy and it becomes draining....

the key is to enjoy what you're doing....if deep thought doesn't bring joy, just stress and aggravation then you wind up draining yourself....and often the negativity that results becomes a drain on those around you...if your deep thought brings joy to you then you become energized and the positivity that result energizes those around you....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187768 by

RyuJin wrote: what i think obi was getting at was that some people spend too much time in deep thought without joy and it becomes draining....

the key is to enjoy what you're doing....if deep thought doesn't bring joy, just stress and aggravation then you wind up draining yourself....and often the negativity that results becomes a drain on those around you...if your deep thought brings joy to you then you become energized and the positivity that result energizes those around you....

Well I did apologize for my overreaction to the misunderstanding I just hope he accepts it.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #187776 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Increasing energy
Burn_Phoenix and Ryujin hit on aspects of what my initial point it very well

in addition to what they have said i also am specifically highlighting self fixation, self reflection, and the importance of personal opinions

im not saying anything about "deep" thoughts as i understand them, but we may understand them differently

if you and your opinions and your feelings about your opinions, and your opinions about everyone elses opinions, and your opinions about everyone elses feelings, and your feelings about everyone elses feelings, and your feelings about everyones opinions, make up the unceasing the center of your "deep thoughts" then just reading this paragraph should be enough to get the idea across

in this particular case your apology is meaningless because your opinion that i am full of crap is meaningless lol

and neither saying that i am full of crap nor saying that you apologize are important in any real way

dont be offended

this is not to say that you as a person are not important or have no worth - in fact thats near the heart of the issue; confusing our worth as people with the importance of our opinions

to me deep thoughts are things like how to build a time machine or a space station, or a generator that produces energy for free or an underwater research station to learn how to communicate with whales or how 1 + 1 can equal 3 or "what is GOD"? or other such things where the self is not the star

these are not self fixation
they are imagination and there is a huge difference

self reflection and especially fixation is what happens when we keep ourselves as the focus of our imagination

the more of our imaginations we apply on ourselves the darker or more outrageous the imaginings tend to become

this is because as a general rule we imagine ourselves in relation to other people

how theyve done us wrong or we're offended or how we want them to love us or respect us or how we can teach them or save them or woo them or be desired by them or how they laugh at us or how we are smarter than them or tougher than they are and on and on and on

basically we make ourselve into heroes and victims and fools and sages and take up the whole spotlight in our own heads

the deeper we get into this ego drama the more we have to either live up to our fantasies or overcome them and this leads to real and physiological depletion of our energies

even questions like "who am i?" and "what should i do with my life?"

these count as deep thoughts in and of themselves

but

the more our answers center around the importance of our opinions

andthe more other peoples views or feelings are involved in the answers

the more exhausting and depleting things will be for us

"who am i" is not in any way a result or product of the feelings that others have about me and its definetly not predicated on my opinions about other people or even the goings on of the world in general

who i am is something deeper than even my so called character

much less my level of my confidence or my social influence

in fact i would say that the closer a person gets to the genuine sense of who we are individually the less likely we will be to compromise our principles and the more charismatic we will appear to others - not because we're special, but because we dont have to be special, and this frees up a lot of our personal energy which we then get to direct towards things which are actually useful and productive

which of course makes us appear special to those around us

lol - and thats what a philosopher calls I-rony

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187778 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Burn_Phoenix and Ryujin hit on aspects of what my initial point it very well

in addition to what they have said i also am specifically highlighting self fixation, self reflection, and the importance of personal opinions

im not saying anything about "deep" thoughts as i understand them, but we may understand them differently

if you and your opinions and your feelings about your opinions, and your opinions about everyone elses opinions, and your opinions about everyone elses feelings, and your feelings about everyone elses feelings, and your feelings about everyones opinions, make up the unceasing the center of your "deep thoughts" then just reading this paragraph should be enough to get the idea across

in this particular case your apology is meaningless because your opinion that i am full of crap is meaningless lol

and neither saying that i am full of crap nor saying that you apologize are important in any real way

dont be offended

this is not to say that you as a person are not important or have no worth - in fact thats near the heart of the issue; confusing our worth as people with the importance of our opinions

to me deep thoughts are things like how to build a time machine or a space station, or a generator that produces energy for free or an underwater research station to learn how to communicate with whales or how 1 + 1 can equal 3 or "what is GOD"? or other such things where the self is not the star

these are not self fixation
they are imagination and there is a huge difference

self reflection and especially fixation is what happens when we keep ourselves as the focus of our imagination

the more of our imaginations we apply on ourselves the darker or more outrageous the imaginings tend to become

this is because as a general rule we imagine ourselves in relation to other people

how theyve done us wrong or we're offended or how we want them to love us or respect us or how we can teach them or save them or woo them or be desired by them or how they laugh at us or how we are smarter than them or tougher than they are and on and on and on

basically we make ourselve into heroes and victims and fools and sages and take up the whole spotlight in our own heads

the deeper we get into this ego drama the more we have to either live up to our fantasies or overcome them and this leads to real and physiological depletion of our energies

even questions like "who am i?" and "what should i do with my life?"

these count as deep thoughts in and of themselves

but

the more our answers center around the importance of our opinions

andthe more other peoples views or feelings are involved in the answers

the more exhausting and depleting things will be for us

"who am i" is not in any way a result or product of the feelings that others have about me and its definetly not predicated on my opinions about other people or even the goings on of the world in general

who i am is something deeper than even my so called character

much less my level of my confidence or my social influence

in fact i would say that the closer a person gets to the genuine sense of who we are individually the less likely we will be to compromise our principles and the more charismatic we will appear to others - not because we're special, but because we dont have to be special, and this frees up a lot of our personal energy which we then get to direct towards things which are actually useful and productive

which of course makes us appear special to those around us

lol - and thats what a philosopher calls I-rony

Now with that in depth explanation I completely and hole heartily agree with you and as a matter of fact your explanation of good deep thought are the kind I have all the time. and I thank you for the more in-depth explanation and clarification , it is nice being on the same page with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187807 by
There's a Chinese practice called 'standing like a tree' it's used as a means of building up internal energy. I would take a look on you tube for some videos, but I think it might help you. I would definitely say that exercise is also a good idea.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #187815 by RyuJin

Rob78 wrote: There's a Chinese practice called 'standing like a tree' it's used as a means of building up internal energy. I would take a look on you tube for some videos, but I think it might help you. I would definitely say that exercise is also a good idea.

i have some pdf's of books by mantak chia that teach this technique...

Quotes:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187823 by
I found the videos but I would definitely like to read the PDFs.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi