Degree points

More
4 years 4 months ago #345594 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Degree points
A while ago (a year ago or so)

I thought about this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JzkCEqw2o67wDgW_Ft36ioSOsIRaJk1K_xaNehopaQI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345595 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Degree points

Rosalyn J wrote: A while ago (a year ago or so)

I thought about this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JzkCEqw2o67wDgW_Ft36ioSOsIRaJk1K_xaNehopaQI/edit?usp=drivesdk

I do apologize - I often have Texh problems with opening and closing documents on my mobile . If anything this is so I can read it and not have to log in anywhere for it.

“ Since we have been talking about potentially adding more responsibility to the Sr. Knight teir, I’d like to bring forward some ideas for how we can revitalize the Bdiv so that more people get engaged with it.
First, I’d like more than one “way” to earn a Bdiv. Here is what I am thinking:
Individualized: The first way will be completely individualized as it is now. As I see it, the Knight working towards a Bdiv in this way only has to submit a log and an exit post in the same way that we do for apprentices. In that exit post, the individual will go through what their goals were when they began and what they have learned during the journey. Here the individual can set their own lessons, but they must be approved by RyuJin before they can be counted towards the Degree.
Modulerized based on Doctrine Points: We have been talking about having modules, but I think that one of our big drawbacks is we dont know what subjects we should be covering. Here the Doctrine helps us. There would be X number of modules which would have several lessons in each. The Knight would be responsible for picking a set number from each one
50/50 Module and Individual: A knight would be responsible for picking half of their lessons from the doctrine modules and setting half of their own lessons based on their own assessment of the areas they need to develop
Lessons according to role: These are a bit more “set”, but they concern the role the Knight has/or wants to have in the Temple or the outside. Leadership, Teaching and Ministry. More can be added if I am missing any. The teaching one still needs to be developed, but the leadership one and ministry one’s are already complete and awaiting review. Even Though these are “set”, there is still some space for electives. Seminary has about 30 points which can be electives and Leadership has about 68.
I think having a few ways one can get to the finish line is probably the best way to get people excited about the daunting task that is the Bdiv.
Second, I think the DQS could use an upgrade. We can probably ask Knights to share any lessons they’d like to be added, but of course that would be up to Ryu and Alex.
Anyhow, those are some of my ideas. I’d like to hear your thoughts

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
4 years 4 months ago #345596 by Carlos.Martinez3
Truthfully if all it actually takes is submitting lessons to edu admin I’m hands down for it. Not trying to use a back door or anything like that but that may be a way to get things done. Just saying...

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345597 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Degree points
It used to be...years ago I think...that Completed Apprenticeship + Seminary=Bdiv (?)

Of course seminary has since had an upgrade

And I may be off in terms of whether it meant Sr Knight or Bdiv. Those two aren't synonymous I don't believe.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
4 years 4 months ago #345600 by Carlos.Martinez3
I would think that’s a bit of a reach there as far as degree points are concerned ... way too much there.

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi