The Block

More
5 years 9 months ago #323607 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block

Kobos wrote: Im taking a foul mouthed, recovering alcoholic, martial arts practicing, skater, flunkie/barely get by young man and carving him into someone who might help put some sense, knowledge and love in the minds that will be the voices of the future. I'm trying anyway :) We can judge it once it's done and six feet deep :).

I’ve seen that guy - and let me tell you - I like him.
We all create somthing new and the goal for a lot of us is that. I am glad your still around so I can explain to my son “that pine tree is still standing !” Right next to the cedar!
All my heart brother !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323610 by
Replied by on topic The Block
If I may, and I mean no disrespect, we cannot change anything outside of ourselves. We provide the tools, and set the example, but only they can make the change. It has to be their choice, or no change made will be permanent..

Just a thought..

More
5 years 9 months ago #323611 by Carlos.Martinez3

zeroequalsone wrote: If I may, and I mean no disrespect, we cannot change anything outside of ourselves. We provide the tools, and set the example, but only they can make the change. It has to be their choice, or no change made will be permanent..

Just a thought..

Great thought brother bear !
Change in a Jedi setting comes from us inside - it is said “we are the piece and the artist “ I often say we are the ship the wind and the sails as well as the water.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323612 by
Something I picked up from Dr. Stavish...

We are the scientist, the laboratory, and the experiment...

More
5 years 9 months ago #323619 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Dr. Bear,

You are quite correct. There is no need to be so formal! I love when others share their perspectives and well I am an high school educator dis-respect has a whole different meaning to me :). I will however, ask; How we may decide what is in or outside us? I know others are not inside me, I may influence or set an example, when working with students I use stories of me from my past to help some hopefully avoid the problems I had, however, whether they choose to listen or better yet understand is on them. Sometimes that even haunts me, that I am not doing enough for some of them, but I am only a human. On, the non people note though I will use my garden as an example. My garden was simply a flat, naked level area of clay in a backyard. I disliked it being empty and dead. After a year of telling myself I would do it later, I finally built some small retaining beds from bricks (ghetto looking at best lol, 4x4's are coming when I get to cutting them). Anyways lol, the new soil I put in them allowed new plants (carrots, sun flowers and broccoli) to begin growing. Because of that work to manipulate the area (the land) outside of me, I have made my garden part of me, and in this I maintain it as I would my body and my mind. This perspective can be applied to many things. In fact I use this same rational when it comes to cleaning my sparring armor and bokken, (yes I literally clean a wooden practice sword before putting it in it's scabbard on my stand with my sharp blade). When I have these inanimate objects on they become part of me and in that way they should be maintained. Those parts I can control and hopefully as you said some others will follow suit at the Dojo, it would make sparring smell much nicer ;)

Much Love,
Kobos

Ps. Carlos I never have the words to say how much, I respect your kindness and what it means to me my friend, I hope the son is well, he will grow to be an awesome little man, I could tell quite quickly when he was bowling. It is good to talk again my brother.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, thomaswfaulkner

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323620 by
In one sense, there is no inside or outside of anything since we are all individual threads in the fabric of the force.
However, in the sense of limited human conscience, what is inside is what we can directly affect, what is outside is what we can affect tangentially.
Every manifestation has its own consciousness and its own place and purpose according to the force. So it would violate other's free will to 'force' (lol) our will on any manifestation outside of ourselves. The only option that is in line with the principles of the force is to provide the tools, set the example, and encourage, but if you don't want other's will imposed on you, then you must afford the same courtesy.
The force shows us what is going on inside of us by reflecting back to us what we put out.

More
5 years 9 months ago #323621 by Kobos
Absolutely agree with everything there. There is fine line between "force" and influence that's for sure a key. I can't force the garden to grow but I can ensure it has the right conditions and protections for it to grow.

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323622 by
I use to say, you can't push a river, (sorry River).

And everything develops and grows exactly as it should according to the flow of the force.

Even our attempts to 'help'' are more of an exercise in our own development. We learn patience, compassion, love...

So you see, the more we help those around us, successful or not, we are actually teaching ourselves.

So, how we help, determines how we learn and grow. Try to 'force'' (someone stop me, I can't help it) the change and we cause resistance, and we hinder our own development. Teach, or guide with impatience, or without compassion, same result.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the force builds the question and answer into the same matrix.

It's beautiful..

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323802 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment 4D43F354-F203-455B-9EC9-259FB26FF323.jpeg not found

Today is my
Birthday !!!
39 years is far not enough time to spend on this earth with such wonderful people and especially to spend a total of over 4 years with the people in this temple. I’ve learned so much just sitting next to y’all- I’d do it again!
It’s my tradition to pass on some birthday wisdoms and since it's mine - well- here ya go.
What - how and when are - what I found - the three most important words we as a Jedi could ask before our action. What we do- how we do it - and when we do it - can create and destroy ...
so - my Temple - keep this in mind this week - the what - how- and when can be a maker or a breaker for a modern day Jeddist. Have those answers ready. Take some time to have them chosen and ready.

From this old Jedi love y’all! All y’all!

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, thomaswfaulkner

More
5 years 9 months ago #323804 by Kobos
Happy Birthday Brother!

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi