Please help me learn

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26041 by
Please help me learn was created by
Christian Jedi- please help me to understand more about what Christians believe and why they believe it.

Do you believe that Jesus existed as an actual man? What does he represent to you? What do the words attributed to him mean to you? How do the other writings in the New Testament relate to your ideas about Christianity, if at all?

Thank you in advance for your responses. I am asking these questions for my own education, not to judge, so please be honest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26043 by
Replied by on topic Re:Please help me learn
I would also like to know this, as I am a Pure Jedi myself, but I would like to learn more of other opinions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26045 by
I can give you an Ex-Christian's perspective if it also feed the little frey cells :D

But wont if its gonna be a waste of my time typing :o (ie it aint what you want)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26048 by
Knowledge is knowledge and I would like to know all that is possible. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26052 by
Red Pill wrote:

Christian Jedi- please help me to understand more about what Christians believe and why they believe it.

Do you believe that Jesus existed as an actual man? What does he represent to you? What do the words attributed to him mean to you? How do the other writings in the New Testament relate to your ideas about Christianity, if at all?

Thank you in advance for your responses. I am asking these questions for my own education, not to judge, so please be honest.

Well really the information to answer your questions is readily available on the net. I do recommend you learn about it by reading the bible, as well as other religious texts. \"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge\". It's in the interest of knowledge and the spirit of understanding that I'll briefly answer your questions.

\"Do you believe Jesus existed as an actual man?\"

Well this is an easy one. Yes. Though his divinity is something that differs from faith to faith his existence is an absolute in Christendom.

\"What does he represent to you?\"

Well put simply he is the sacrifice for our fallen nature. He bore the sins of the world and provided a path of redemption as well as an example of a holy life for others to follow. Again it's a literal belief and not a metaphor.

\"What do the words attributed to him mean to you?\"

That should be apparent. Just like the Jedi teachings on this site, his own words were his teachings. His gift to the world was his words and his final gift was his sacrifice for those words. There meanings are universal throughout most religions. Peace, love, understanding, and an effort to rise above the base nature of our animal selves. Again I won't go to far in to this all as you should study it yourself.

\"How do the other writings in the New Testament relate to your ideas about Christianity, if at all?\"

In short, the writings of the new testament ARE Christianity. \"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.\" This is from the book of John. Jesus was the embodiment of all of the teachings of the bible. He was a respected rabbi until he declared himself the son of god and for his teachings and this declaration he paid the ultimate price, his life taken in suffering he gave so all could be saved.

I hope I've given you an overview of the main themes of the New Testament. I encourage you to study further on your own as an understanding of Religion is paramount to becoming a Jedi. Always keep in mind that no matter what you've been told Jediism by it's nature is a synthesis of other religions. To understand, truly understand it, you must understand it's roots.

In peace,
Merin

More
14 years 6 months ago #26057 by Zanthan Storm
I echo the words of Master Merin.

Though I would add that there are many forms of Christian believers: roman catholics, baptists, protestants, mormans, etc.

All have different views on Jesus, God, Heaven, Hell and the Bible.

We can give you our personal views.

Study the religions, if you wish to speak about it. Its hard to view all of these things, questions hardly beget more than more questions however;I am more than happy to do so, my contact info is in my profile.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky
Arch-bishop Abrahamic Rite
Master of Jediism

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26060 by
I make no secret of the fact I was raised a Roman catholic - and attended catholic schools from the age of 4 all the way until 16.

However - when I was 14 or 15 - during a religious education class - everything the teacher said to me only raised more questions and soon became a farse - basically I came to the conclusion it was mostly man made and most of the time - our 'teachers' and or priests were blagging it - the more they did so the more I only saw a disney story.

However - I am certain there was a very intelligent, wise and influential person that we call jesus (a very common name in those times in that part of the world) - I have no doubt he upset a few people with his words and paid a painful price for it. Was he actually the son of god - conceived by the will of god and yadda yadda yadda - for me - very doubtful.

However - I do feel many people did and do take the bible too literally - it was written thousand + years ago - much has been changed and edited (sometimes conveniently as it doesn't suit certain people) and simply lost in translation errors etc.

The bible is a book of symbolism and I also believe Jesus' message - ie 'I am the son of God' was a way of saying we are all the son (and daughters) of God - a bot like saying we are all of stardust. Another analogy is the creation story - imagine if you were able to travel back in time 2000 years - how would you explain to someone how the earth etc was made? given most people then couldn't write or read let alone have any idea or concept of space, physics, biology etc etc etc etc = how do you explain the earth without blowing their minds? - You create a simple 'story' (and then to stop future questions you tell people if they ask questions, 'God' will burn them in hell for all eternity and to appease him now - they should slip as much food and cash as they can into the pockets of the head of the clan).

In terms of The Force - who is to say that it isnt like gravity, light etc etc etc - another of 'Gods' creations ?

At the end of the day - who and what you believe is your choice - you will find campbells lectures 'interesting' on this matter

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26064 by
I was about to comment on what you wrote till I read this............................

'I am the son of God' was a way of saying we are all the son (and daughters) of God - a bot like saying we are all of stardust.

I was about to say that. You beat me to the punch old man. Well put!! I think the real problem with it all is not in truth but in practice. All religions were meant to be devices for self discovery. The metaphors contained within them were for us to learn about ourselves, not to judge the world with. When we ascribe absolute truth to ANY religious belief we miss the point. And worse we deprive it of it's inherent potency to transform us in to responsible and compassionate human beings.

More
14 years 6 months ago #26065 by Zanthan Storm
Exactly. Well put.

I had similiar experiences. While I retain the lessons and the faith in God. I felt there was much...missing from the teachings. There was a hole in my faith. This is why I turned to Jediism to be honest.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi