A question of The Force.

  • Uzima Moto
  • Uzima Moto's Avatar
  • Guest
05 Jun 2019 21:50 #339304 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.
An alternative explanation arises from conflicting evidence. Neither of which I've seen..

As far as those tests you mention. I'd love to see them. The negative results could've come from a number of sources. My bet is the participants themselves less than the actual experiment.. though, it could be the experiment as well.. as a mere suggestion to the mind for it to dwell on could result in skewed results..

However, doesn't the scientific community have a current problem with repeatability? That and the whole peer-reviewed process being corrupted now? Being a result of things like ClimateGate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 08:12 #339313 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic A question of The Force.

Uzima Moto wrote: An alternative explanation arises from conflicting evidence. Neither of which I've seen..

There can be any number of different models trying to account for the same evidence, and there can be evidence unaccounted for by any of them. The presence of evidence conflicting with one model does not automatically make a different model fall from the sky. And if it did, I still don't understand how that new model does anything to falsify the former one.


As far as those tests you mention. I'd love to see them. The negative results could've come from a number of sources. My bet is the participants themselves less than the actual experiment.. though, it could be the experiment as well.. as a mere suggestion to the mind for it to dwell on could result in skewed results..

Sure. Pick your poison. What's the claim? I hope this won't be the generally beneficial health effects of meditation, seeing as those were never in dispute here.


However, doesn't the scientific community have a current problem with repeatability? That and the whole peer-reviewed process being corrupted now? Being a result of things like ClimateGate?

Psychology has a problem with repeatability because of the ridiculously small sample sizes available to them and poor access to even those samples. Medicine still has the sample size problem, though at least the quantities they measure can be assessed with more rigor. I don't know what ClimateGate is or what it has to do with either of those fields. It really depends on the particular field what technicalities can get in the way of peer review as intended and to what extent. In my field getting a paper to be even sent out to peers for review (i.e. past the journal's editor and staff) is challenge enough, let alone satisfying the referees.

At any rate, the solution to poor standards is better/higher ones, not further reductions or no standards at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
06 Jun 2019 16:36 - 06 Jun 2019 16:37 #339328 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic A question of The Force.
The conspiracy that never was.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climategate
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 16:37 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
06 Jun 2019 16:49 - 06 Jun 2019 16:52 #339329 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic A question of The Force.

Uzima Moto wrote: Of course you're confused lol you haven't understood a word I said too focused on trying to disprove me.. or at least the validity of my claims..

As I have explained, due to the dynamic and conscious nature of the Ethereal, each phase behaves slightly different from the others. Depending on the activity level of consciousness. In other words, in other phases your thoughts affect what you see..

So, your preconceived idea of a unicorn is entirely possible for you to see and interact with. It's called lucid dreaming.. also, for you to use a unicorn is intellectually lazy. As far as I know, unicorns were a mythological creature taken to be literal by the Greeks.. which puts them in one of two categories. Entirely made up, or entirely physical.. neither are the category in question..

In my experience with Astral Projection. I never had the idea of separation from my body. In fact, those types of ideas were highly discouraged in my family. No witchcraft, no other gods or religions, no different philosophies, none of it..

What you're trying to describe is actually how we get legends of angels and demons. What I'm describing is the process by which we now understand that non-physical ethereal constructs appear to people as their minds will allow in forms familiar to it.. People throughout history have actually misinterpreted a lot of these experiences come to find out. We know this because two subjects can be speaking on the same construct yet describe it completely different.. Superstition came from the misinterpretation of both the Natural and Supernatural..



Im not trying to disprove you but actually add to your theory with a yet still deeper layer of reality. The originator of conscious activity is the Tenuous Unicorn Herd that gifts this ability to the ethereal realms. And yes it was a Lucid dream in which I discovered them but now I can interact with them through the ancient Sumerian texts in a deep meditative state of trance.

As for unicorns being intellectually lazy, I fail to see why you view them this way? Just because they existed before my discovery of them? The Greeks misunderstood the nature of the Unicorn which before was was common knowledge in the Sumerian cultures. The Greeks only touched the tail of the elephant, so to speak. I, on the other hand, have explored the entire beast!

You say you had no idea of astral projection before you discovered it just like I had no concept of the Tenuous Unicorn Herd so I fail again to see the relevance in that statement. You obviously state that even though you did not know about it, it was still a well known phenomena right? Or are you claiming you actually discovered Astral Projection? If not I see no difference in the existence of a phenomena vs the discovery of it by an individual that had no knowledge of it before.

Are you saying that my experience gives rise to angels and demons and legends? If could be true but how is that, once again, any different than your experience giving rise to the concept of the soul, heaven, ghosts, energy beings and legends like the bible? I see no difference here.

I agree that misinterpretation can give rise to superstition. That is why I propose we setup our own experiment to test your astral projection abilities in a controlled environment. You have yet to answer this challenge and even now seem to be avoiding it. Surly you would not be opposed to such testing if what you say is actually true, right?
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 16:52 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 20:53 #339340 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic A question of The Force.

Gisteron wrote: Well the odd thing about it is that John Hagelin actually isn't a Deepak Chopra. He actually understands much of the physics he references. That makes it all the more disturbing when he employs it as a pulpit to preach his religious sermons from. The connections he draws appear forced and artificial but they are nonetheless sure to impress many who wouldn't know any better. Many who run the quantum consciousness script at least have the excuse of not knowing any better themselves, of being as much victims of the woo as they are perpetuators. But Hagelin is not like them. He knows he is misleading his listeners. I sure hope the profits thus collected can buy him restful sleep at night...


I have to agree. I think it's generous to pretend we don't know the motive when a person uses their degree for profit. When I was young and more impressionable I fell for a number of conspiracy theories. I was basically guilty of trusting other people and not understanding or not seeing corruption in their motives. For some it may simply be the fame; to be known or remembered for having a controversial theory. Doctors sell their credentials all the time on the internet to push some new weight loss pill. And they'll carefully and lawyerly tell you that x,y, and z have been tested to show a,b,c. And while some of it is true they hide their assumptions and anything that might disprove them. You see one side of the argument. Theirs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 21:15 - 06 Jun 2019 21:21 #339341 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic A question of The Force.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:
Im not trying to disprove you but actually add to your theory with a yet still deeper layer of reality. The originator of conscious activity is the Tenuous Unicorn Herd that gifts this ability to the ethereal realms. And yes it was a Lucid dream in which I discovered them but now I can interact with them through the ancient Sumerian texts in a deep meditative state of trance.

As for unicorns being intellectually lazy, I fail to see why you view them this way? Just because they existed before my discovery of them? The Greeks misunderstood the nature of the Unicorn which before was was common knowledge in the Sumerian cultures. The Greeks only touched the tail of the elephant, so to speak. I, on the other hand, have explored the entire beast!

You say you had no idea of astral projection before you discovered it just like I had no concept of the Tenuous Unicorn Herd so I fail again to see the relevance in that statement. You obviously state that even though you did not know about it, it was still a well known phenomena right? Or are you claiming you actually discovered Astral Projection? If not I see no difference in the existence of a phenomena vs the discovery of it by an individual that had no knowledge of it before.

Are you saying that my experience gives rise to angels and demons and legends? If could be true but how is that, once again, any different than your experience giving rise to the concept of the soul, heaven, ghosts, energy beings and legends like the bible? I see no difference here.

I agree that misinterpretation can give rise to superstition. That is why I propose we setup our own experiment to test your astral projection abilities in a controlled environment. You have yet to answer this challenge and even now seem to be avoiding it. Surly you would not be opposed to such testing if what you say is actually true, right?


you're going quite far with this unicorn thing.

I do agree with you on this one. Anything experienced by the mind is kind of its own reality; like a simulation existing inside a computer. You cannot take that simulation out of the computer to say its real but the computer can simulate something outside of itself to the degree that it seems real within the computer. Dreams can be so intense that you don't know the difference between dream and reality except that something happens that wouldn't happen in reality.

When I had sleep paralysis my mind conjured an image one time similar to a succubus. This doesn't offer proof of the existence of succubi; merely proof that my mind was able to fish something out of my memories to construct this simulation of me being attacked by a demon in order to explain/communicate the fact that my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. And at that time, me as a believer who was disenchanted with my denomination, I called on God and used the name of Jesus and lo and behold "I was saved?" Except that it was merely a coincidence. I conjured one image to fight another. But sleep apnea isn't immediately life threatening. So even though you stop breathing you don't necessarily have to consciously do anything to start again. But the experience taught me that the mind can basically manufacture infinite possibilities in a dream. You can dream of unicorns or you can dream you are out of your body. That doesn't mean you are out of your body or that the unicorns exist. Now if you can go outside of your body and go into your neighbors house and see what color towels are hanging in their bathroom, write down the color, and go there the next day and see those same towels, then yes, I would consider that proof. If I give you an address you've never been to before I should be able to confirm that you are able to actually astral project there.

I'll tell you another strange phenomenon.

My horrible ex-wife was into numerology and astrology and would talk about synchronicity all the time and use that as some kind of actual guidance. I could look down at the clock on my PC at exactly 3:23 on many days which was her birthday. Now the question is... did my subconscious mind see it already because it was in my field of view but not in focus and then because the birthday was a trigger it actually caused me to focus once my subconscious had already taken note of the time? Because understanding it one way would make it seem like a supernatural power and the other just a normal aspect to our amazing brains.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 21:21 by ZealotX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Uzima Moto
  • Uzima Moto's Avatar
  • Guest
07 Jun 2019 02:41 #339348 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The conspiracy that never was.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climategate


Yeah, right.....

"We investigated our allies and found nothing wrong. They were just being tenacious.. Trust us!!"

Yeah, nah, let me see them 2011 emails. The excerpts look bad enough, I need to investigate myself..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 04:58 #339349 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic A question of The Force.

Uzima Moto wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The conspiracy that never was.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climategate


Yeah, right.....

"We investigated our allies and found nothing wrong. They were just being tenacious.. Trust us!!"

Yeah, nah, let me see them 2011 emails. The excerpts look bad enough, I need to investigate myself..

Hmm, probably I'd say "competitors" rather than "allies", but I see your point. After all, if eight different organizations/committees, both scientific and political in nature, all thought to be independent of the CRU until then concluded after their investigations that sufficient evidence of the scientific misconduct alleged could not be recovered from the leaked data, there is every chance they were all in on it all along. I'm not sure I would trust myself more than those whose job it is to check such allegations, but perhaps you have expertise I lack and are right to trust yourself as much as this. What I do wonder though, is, just what kind of content must the documents contain that actually would fail to verify the allegations? If you come back and say that you, too, didn't find anything, would it be unreasonable of me to conclude that you too were in on it? If any and all reports can be dismissed based on what they say rather than on the reasons why they say it as far as those reasons can be verified to be such, is the claim at all falsifiable at that point anymore?

And, more importantly for this discussion: What exactly is the relevancy of the ClimateGate allegations? Are the accused researchers known to be involved in investigating the Ethereal? Perhaps more broadly, assuming the worst scenario, where the CRU and broader climate research community is rotten to the core, what other fields of science can we then conclude suffer from the same problem to a similar or to any extent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
07 Jun 2019 18:03 #339387 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic A question of The Force.

ZealotX wrote:
When I had sleep paralysis my mind conjured an image one time similar to a succubus. This doesn't offer proof of the existence of succubi; merely proof that my mind was able to fish something out of my memories to construct this simulation of me being attacked by a demon in order to explain/communicate the fact that my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. And at that time, me as a believer who was disenchanted with my denomination, I called on God and used the name of Jesus and lo and behold "I was saved?" Except that it was merely a coincidence. I conjured one image to fight another.



Are you suggesting that my Unicorn Herd is merely a confirmation bias brought on by me leading the evidence to a preconceived conclusion? A conclusion that I found in other areas of my life such as literature and ancient texts? Hmm do you suppose that Uzima Motos concept of subtle energy bodies that manipulate the physical universe could be the same thing? In effect just confirmation bias and wishful thinking and not based on any sort of actual explanation based in reality at all!!??

My god... THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!
How will we go on with out an explanation to the most basic concept of reality? I don't see how anyone can live with this question without making SOMETHING up! Even if its not true, at least we would have an answer... a belief! Yes that's it a belief based in logical fallacy, that is what we need in order to move forward. Wouldn't you agree? :P :P :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Uzima Moto
  • Uzima Moto's Avatar
  • Guest
07 Jun 2019 18:56 #339394 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic A question of The Force.
Kyrin, you are really reaching. The difference between my theory and yours is that you pulled yours out your ass.. excuse my French.. but your constant insistence on creating strawmen out of my arguments is getting highly annoying..

The fact that you use unicorns made your argument look foolish. Unicorns literally have no historical basis as being literal creatures unless it's the Greeks.. and their account was second or third-hand at best. You could have used Bigfoot and better served your point.. though it would have still fallen short..

You keep insisting that I'm avoiding wanting to test these theories when I've actually tested them and called for more testing. There's your go to strawman. Others are you insisting that I have no evidence or that I lead it.. How can I lead evidence I don't have or about a subject I didn't know of before hand? Nobody told me the technique for astral projection. I figured it out independently through my experience. I had never studied OBE's in modern or historical writtings before my experience. In fact, it was my experience that inspired me to look at them years later. It's inspired be the REAL FACT that scientists still can't say what consciousness is, yet occultists have studied it for generations. The reason there's more interest now is there are technologies that can study the effects of these phenomena on the body.. like monks raising the surface temperature of their skin..

Kyrin, you're not as good as you think. You suffer under your own confirmation bias.. if a novice projector fails one test, or 10, you'll take the evidence from that one source and run with it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick