IP Accessibility

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340419 by
IP Accessibility was created by
Hello all! I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so if not, please feel free to remove it and I will post it again in the right location! :) I wanted to bring up the topic of accessibility in regards to the IP material. I've noticed that not all of it is fully accessible, and I'd love to help change that. For example, the Lesson 1 study guide document (and I'm sure others as the lessons go on) are PDF documents, which cannot be read by screen readers. I have taken the liberty of reformatting that document into a Word doc (without changing anything and with the original creator credit), and I am happy to do that for other documents as well. I am also happy to help caption the IP videos, but I would obviously need some other folks to help me as it is quite a big job. I'm also not sure how to add captions to that type of file, or even if it's possible, so if anyone has any expertise in that area, I'd love to hear from you. Basically, I just want to make sure TOTJO is accessible to anyone who wants to be part of the community. If anyone would like to volunteer to help me with that goal, please let me know!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #340423 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic IP Accessibility
The study guide is unofficial and I'm not sure which videos you're referencing. If you'd mind posting the link to the pdf and videos you're using, that would be incredibly helpful.
Thanks for proactively pointing this out and trying to help!

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340424 by
Replied by on topic IP Accessibility
Hi Rex! Thanks for replying. All the materials I'm referencing are just what's listed under Lesson 1: Myth in the IP, but I've included a link below anyway. It's "The Power of Myth" in 6 parts. As of now, it's only available in audio and uncaptioned video form. I went ahead and reformatted the study guide because it was something I could do quickly and on my own. What do you mean by unofficial?

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/initiateprogramme/1876-introduce-yourself-create-a-journal

More
4 years 9 months ago #340432 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic IP Accessibility
Ah, gotcha. It's been a while since I looked at that page.
By unofficial, I mean I didn't even know it existed and I'm trying to make an official one. Could you link the study guide?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340434 by
The study guide is also at that link.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340435 by
I was just looking at the video files, and there's a button to add a file for subtitles, but I'm not sure how that works as far as timing it with what's onscreen. I'll have to play around with it.

More
4 years 9 months ago #340442 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic IP Accessibility

Rex wrote: Ah, gotcha. It's been a while since I looked at that page.
By unofficial, I mean I didn't even know it existed and I'm trying to make an official one. Could you link the study guide?

I created it. It was made at the request of Alex and Ros some time ago. Its listed under the IP section

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi