Category: Philosophy
Topic started 28 Jul 2014 17:50 by scott777ab
50 Replies 238 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 22:20 by Alexandre Orion
1 Replies 10 Views
emo
Category: Miscellaneous
Topic started 27 Jul 2014 23:39 by Connor L.
  • Page:
15 Replies 104 Views
emo
Category: Pagan studies
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 22:38 by Arcade
34 Replies 353 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 18:38 by peace
2 Replies 19 Views
emo
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 12:34 by Edan
  • Page:
18 Replies 157 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 11:59 by Streen
9 Replies 61 Views

emo
Topic started 22 Oct 2012 21:45 by Proteus
1468 Replies 67.6k Views

emo
Category: Star Wars
Topic started 01 Oct 2012 19:39 by ace12132
46 Replies 6225 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 15:00 by Rickie The Grey
2 Replies 17 Views
emo
Category: Star Wars
Topic started 24 Jul 2014 16:09 by baru
  • Page:
13 Replies 526 Views
emo
Topic started 14 Jul 2014 13:24 by Streen
5 Replies 77 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 09:42 by TambelSadera
2 Replies 27 Views
emo
Topic started 21 Jul 2014 17:35 by Rickie The Grey
48 Replies 454 Views
emo
Topic started 29 Jul 2014 03:31 by Nshepler
1 Replies 13 Views
emo
Category: Science
Topic started 02 Dec 2013 00:05 by Khaos
79 Replies 1520 Views
emo
Topic started 28 Jan 2014 00:39 by steamboat28
203 Replies 2502 Views
emo
Category: Jediism
Topic started 26 Jul 2014 16:31 by AlexanderJ.W
9 Replies 79 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jul 2014 00:20 by Philosofer123
22 Replies 227 Views
emo
Topic started 03 Jul 2014 16:57 by Jer-Pen Dan
  • Page:
14 Replies 186 Views
emo
Topic started 28 Mar 2011 07:37 by MikeBudo
34 Replies 2032 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jun 2014 08:41 by Whyte Horse
63 Replies 722 Views

emo
Category: Jediism
Topic started 01 Jan 2012 13:44 by Learn_To_Know
396 Replies 71.7k Views
emo
Topic started 03 Mar 2014 21:56 by Akkarin
30 Replies 444 Views

emo
Topic started 23 Jul 2014 23:14 by Khaos
33 Replies 288 Views
emo
Topic started 23 Jul 2014 15:50 by MCSH
4 Replies 219 Views
emo
Category: Science
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 21:18 by steamboat28
8 Replies 106 Views
emo
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 18:02 by Alethea Thompson
4 Replies 75 Views
emo
Category: Humour
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 10:59 by Luthien
0 Replies 42 Views
emo
Category: Humour
Topic started 25 Jul 2014 04:51 by RyuJin
0 Replies 31 Views
113 Topics
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Gisteron (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • I'm also in agreement with arcade and tzb. Besides, I think the majority of the Temple members are studying the I.P., posting in their journals or doing apprentice or degree scheme exercises. If anyone (and there probably are a few) is posting stuff to sound quaint or cryptic, I would say they are the minority.
    • Connor is back (Last post by Brenna)
    • That and most opera singers dont yet have the vocal stamina for full performance until at least their late 20s. Its one of those rare fields where age is not an issue :) My own vocal coach didnt start training until she was almost 40 and is now an incredibly well respected mezzo who works full time on the stage. Gives me hope!
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Sorry if I came off that way. I'm still bumbling my way through things as I learn XD We all are. I wasn't trying to imply that you were, I just thought it was a good opportunity to expand on that line of thinking for the sake of the audience. The beauty of communication in a forum is that we can take opportunities like that to educate even those who aren't actively participating in the discussion by posting, but are still reading. We're all at different levels of learning here, so I thought it was a nice time to bring up that set of points, even though I know you well enough to know that they don't apply to you.
    • Loosing a Loved one (Last post by rugadd)
    • Death is not death. I cannot say I lost them, only that I lost who they once were...but really, that happens every day. I may get shit for saying this, but I'm not devastated, or even stopped by this. I think the saddest thing for most people is the finality of not getting to make new memories with the one that died, or if they were particularly loving, one can no longer count on their aid. Both are not true, but I'm sure most people think they are.
    • Helping the Homeless? (Last post by peace)
    • Where I live, California has homeless shelters and homes where they have volunteers who help feed the homeless. I on the other hand, helped upgrade one by changing it to a luxurious, fancy hotel lobby style. This place now has added chandeliers, no dirty smells, the floors and polished and cleaned daily, in house bathrooms with showers and even tables for you to sit in. This place is now hoping with homeless people. It is now visited by 10,000 homeless visitors daily. All thanks to me, the world is a little brighter, happier and nicer.
    • Pop killed the Rock star (Last post by Arcade)
    • I listen to music throughout 99% of my day (if at all possible) :) and buy a fair amount of music, and good rock bands are definitely still out there and abundant (in fact, I have a number of friends in relatively successful local rock bands). In many ways, the music industry has moved from the television and radio model (which is quickly becoming antiquated) to the internet model of music distribution. A large percentage of bands and musicians are now on labels of their own creation because they want to skip the greedy middlemen. Sadly, pop culture has always been about what they want you to listen to (as Senan well knows). I worked at a Top 40 radio station throughout high school and they really did have 40 songs they played each day (with few exceptions). Rock will never die. There will always be people, like yourself, with a love for the classic rock sound. ;) Rock will probably continue to evolve in some ways, and at this point in pop culture that means integrating electronic sounds. I love electronic music, so I initially came at this from a slightly different point of view... where electronic musicians introduced me to rock. I now listen to hybrid bands (rock and electronic) and bands that only use instruments (along with the necessary amplification equipment when they perform). Personally, I think there's room in the world for all of them. :) It sucks that the TV stations you like have changed their focus so dramatically. For better or worse, you may have to change your focus to find what you're looking for online or at live performances.
    • Best star wars movie/scene (Last post by Luthien)
    • I also like the scene where the two Skywalkers, father and son, duel it out and the father's love of his son empowered him to save the son.
    • What Jedi in canon reminded Light their entire car... (Last post by Streen)
    • It depends on what you consider canon. Here's a list off the top of my head: Streen Tionne Kam Solusar Anakin Solo Corran Horn (aka Keiran Halcyon) Leia Organa Solo more I just looked up (but should have remembered) :dry: : Dorsk 81 Kirana Ti Cilghal Ganner Rhysode Tenel Ka Lowbacca Ben Skywalker That's a surprisingly short list though, considering how many Jedi there are in the EU. I found that all the others I read about did have a brush with the dark side. Not a great track record, eh?
    • Elite: Dangerous (Last post by Streen)
    • If I'm not mistaken, open Beta starts today. Ya'll might want to see if you can download it :D Adder, have you played the game? I ask because you basically described exactly what the game is like. Energy weapons, ballistics, energy transfers between weapons, shields, and engines, gimballed weapons, locking weapons on target... that's all fact. Of course, you have to make money in-game to afford the better weapon systems and larger and/or higher quality ships. The one thing I love about the game is the same thing I hate. It's complicated. I've been playing for a couple weeks now and I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do, or some of the more unclear functions of my ship. But then, that's cool, because it means I can do whatever I want. The main problem is making money/trading. Still haven't figured that out either. Quote: Are there 400 thousand million stars in this galaxy ? :huh: I'm sorry, LOL. :silly: The game doesn't take place in OUR galaxy. The number is right, as the game claims, though I imagine it is somehow randomized since it would be impossible to program 400 billion star systems. One last point to make is that to play the game properly, you'll need a joystick. I've tried playing with a mouse, xbox controller, and one low-end joystick. I wasn't satisfied with control of my ship until I got the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick. It comes with a separate throttle and even more buttons :laugh: It's pretty hardcore. There are much more complex and expensive ones though, so this was a compromise. If any of you guys end up playing, let me know!
    • Quick Question (Last post by tzb)
    • For the Krishnamurti, yes: www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teach...hp?tid=1294&chid=993 For the Watts, you'd need to look at something like this: www.amazon.com/Still-Mind-An-Introductio...tation/dp/1577312147 - it's not the exact same material but I imagine it's near enough for the IP's purposes.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Different people might get different things from questions, what is 'truth' is best described as whatever helps that person progress closer to moving forward in whatever areas of their life they seek improvement. Doesn't mean we have to ignore the facts in that process. So what if there is a proposition that is not factual but does help the person in the sense that you suggest? By your definition it would then still be truth. So while truth doesn't necessarily conflict with reality, it can, by your standard. Now do you yourself find that an appropriate standard? I suppose this comes down to semantics anyway. Surely there may potentially be partially beneficial things that are in conflict with reality, its just that I couldn't label them as "true" from that point on, because my definition of truth is one that does require conformity with reality. I think growth is the drive of human learning, so its sort of in that context. In complexity 'correct' does not have to mean completely true, it can just mean movement towards truth.... depends on what is being asked I suppose. Not everything has empirical standards to be assessed by, but yes I think I understand what your saying - its why I tried to make a subtle differentiation by using two different terms, between truth (how I used it then) and fact.

There are 593 visitors, 4 guests and 28 members online (2  are in chat): Akkarin, Octagon, steamboat28, Jestor, Learn_To_Know, Desolous, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Luthien, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, PatrickB, Whyte Horse, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, TraptInside, benedictveritas, Trice Corbel, TambelSadera, nexust.

Follow Us