155 Topics

Recent Discussions

emo
Category: Faiths
Topic started 13 Oct 2014 20:32 by Edan
34 Replies 571 Views
emo
Category: Miscellaneous
Topic started 05 Mar 2015 01:39 by Connor L.
2 Replies 13 Views

emo
Topic started 27 Nov 2013 15:19 by Proteus
66 Replies 993 Views

emo
Category: Open Discussions
Topic started 04 Mar 2015 21:13 by baru
  • Page:
16 Replies 52 Views
emo
Category: Apprenticeships
Topic started 05 Mar 2015 02:01 by Alexandre Orion
7 Replies 18 Views
emo
Topic started 04 Mar 2015 13:41 by Edan
  • Page:
15 Replies 85 Views

emo
Topic started 22 Oct 2012 21:45 by Proteus
2023 Replies 77.7k Views

emo
Topic started 04 Mar 2015 14:53 by Akkarin
  • Page:
14 Replies 93 Views
emo
Topic started 24 Feb 2015 22:26 by Goken
47 Replies 524 Views

emo
Topic started 13 Nov 2014 17:08 by rugadd
260 Replies 3502 Views

emo
Topic started 27 Feb 2015 17:38 by Cyan Sarden
  • Page:
13 Replies 155 Views
emo
Category: Apprenticeships
Topic started 26 Feb 2015 09:34 by Alexandre Orion
24 Replies 130 Views
emo
Category: Jediism
Topic started 04 Mar 2015 03:47 by Connor L.
0 Replies 22 Views
emo
Topic started 03 Sep 2013 17:02 by Wescli Wardest
123 Replies 2244 Views
emo
Topic started 23 Feb 2015 11:48 by ren
32 Replies 278 Views
emo
Category: Philosophy
Topic started 03 Mar 2015 13:25 by Edan
7 Replies 106 Views
emo
Topic started 03 Mar 2015 03:05 by Dee
6 Replies 97 Views

emo
Topic started 01 Jan 2012 13:44 by LTK
415 Replies 74.1k Views

emo
Topic started 28 Jan 2014 00:39 by steamboat28
472 Replies 6316 Views
emo
Topic started 23 Dec 2012 10:22 by flint
42 Replies 10.6k Views
emo
Topic started 21 Dec 2014 17:42 by den385
42 Replies 545 Views
emo
Topic started 22 Feb 2015 07:09 by OB1Shinobi
9 Replies 195 Views
emo
Topic started 09 Jan 2015 18:28 by Staav Hilfurenn
22 Replies 249 Views
emo
Topic started 16 Feb 2015 05:28 by J. K. Barger
7 Replies 121 Views
emo
Topic started 14 Jan 2015 08:44 by jbrowning
25 Replies 364 Views
emo
Topic started 02 Mar 2015 12:54 by Jestor
0 Replies 25 Views
emo
Topic started 03 Feb 2015 16:07 by Chunky
  • Page:
15 Replies 152 Views
emo
Topic started 28 Mar 2011 07:37 by MikeBudo
48 Replies 2344 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Feb 2015 19:19 by V-Tog
4 Replies 132 Views
emo
Topic started 19 Feb 2015 15:13 by Jedi_Roz
2 Replies 56 Views
155 Topics
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by Red_Eye_Jedi)
    • Quote: I am not following this thread too much, but, I wanted to comment: Quote: I also base my beliefs off my own direct observations, and will trust these even when popular consensus disagrees. Never had your senses fooled? My own observations have been recorded on video, for later review. I have no doubt of what I've observed first hand. I am sure you understand what I am referring to. Best regards.
    • Reddit on Motivations/Goals (Last post by Adder)
    • What is a House of Cards!!!! I'm still only up to Season 2 of that Winterfell dragon sword show whatever its called :pinch: :lol: But yea the message, made me think about when they tell you that 'you can do anything' its not exactly true, everything is not possible. But it doesn't mean you cannot chase an unreachable goal if you enjoy the chase. If striving for something in particular, you gotta re-assess progress and direction as much as possible though else you can get confused about effort versus outcome, as resilience should not be the same thing as being stubborn IMO. The pic also made me think that some things need the next step to be the focus to find the target, and some things need the target to be the focus to work backwards and find the next step. Dream big, but dream plenty perhaps!?
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: suctioned the sandwich from his lungs. did anyone tell him he's supposed to chew his food not inhale it?
    • unconditional love (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • If I may, give a look to All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks. Her take on the subject is very thorough and quite profound. She might help you shed a bit of light.
    • Should 'justice' treat children like adults? (Last post by Adder)
    • It should be why they have judges, to make individual intepretations and compensations to achieve the best possible outcome from a bad situation. Generally speaking, smaller crimes could have more potential for leniency with kids IMO, but the worse the crime is the less room there should probably be - because the impacts of the crime increase with the crime which might point to more and more requirement to recognize the victim's more and more in setting the punishment. I think this can still happen for adults, but to a lesser extent as adults should now be role models for children and fully cognizant of the law and the need for following it.... well the ones that make sense at least :whistle:
    • 5 rights women have that men don't (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Because most Men or the stereotypical "religious" male fears the feminine aspects, things to do with the reflection of the Sun - The Moon, or is told to fear these aspects, Men do all they can to reject the women inside of themselves. Men deny their "wholeness" by denying their female, feminine, emotional and heart centered self. Men are taught (generally) that emotions are bad and since women are "emotional", then women are bad or need to be controlled. And I find that women are instructed to "hate" men for various of other reasons. In the end, we Love/Hate each other in our attempts to have union with each other. We are born into a body that has a form and that form has predisposed aspects - Male or Female (Yes I know that more various exist, but I am writing about the generic concept). However, our spirit nature is whole and encompasses both the masculine logic and the feminine emotions - and more. In the end, we need to reconcile our "hatred" of the sexes in order to heal ourselves and the world that we live in. Until this "battle of the sexes" stops, will we only know "hate" and threads like this will exist. Are threads like this helpful? Do these types of conversations bring us to greater understanding of each other? Does it heal the ancestral wounds caused by such distinctions? Does it allow us to clear our field so we can be better Jedi? za Ultimately, what is the purpose of this thread? i am genuinely interested in growing i engage in these conversations because i have things that ive learned in my life which i know can benefit someone else and because i know that there are other people adound me who have the puzzle pieces that i am missing when i talk i do my best to be completely honest about everything i say and i give the benefit of the doubt that the majority of others are as well and that at some level we have these conversations because we want to be the best that we are capable of being even those who dont change and who refuse others are usually imo doing so because they/we believe that its for their/our best interesnt for being the best of ourselves so will this thread particular make any difference for any of us? it depends on how open we can be and how safe we can feel in being open and in how directly into our own motives we are capable of looking
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by rugadd)
    • People who say "meh" when they see someone do something that took a lot of practice and hard work because they saw a professional do it better in a video. Even worse, when they have done nothing even close to it, nor could they if they tried (without the hard work that is). That is being dismissive and it is hurtful and insulting.

There are 211 visitors, 5 guests and 21 members online (none in chat): Shadouness, RyuJin, Jestor, Joe, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Elemental Harmony, PatrickB, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Avalonslight, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, Red_Eye_Jedi, Mathew Erickson, Goken, GalUnDrux, Bàn Sionnach, Atticus509.

Follow Us