The 'Naked Rambler' - question on freedoms

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #201843 by Edan
So, this guy has been in prison multiple times for basically being naked while hiking.

Should we accept people 'getting upset' by this kind of thing and deal with him because of it, or tell the offended people to get over it?
Thoughts?

Warning: Spoiler!

Entire article here

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Edan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 7 months ago #201844 by Jestor

Edan wrote: So, this guy has been in prison multiple times for basically being naked while hiking.

Should we accept people 'getting upset' by this kind of thing and deal with him because of it, or tell the offended people to get over it?
Thoughts?

Warning: Spoiler!

Entire article here

I am for nakedness... lol...

I am not exactly what one would hope for in seeing a naked person, but I am comfortable with that, lol...

It is an offence under section 66 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 to expose one's genitals with intent that someone should thereby be caused “alarm or distress

On second though, maybe I would need a cover, as my "beauty" may cause alarm and distress...

At the very least, nausea...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 7 months ago #201846 by ren
I'm cool with it And generally think people ought to get over a lot of things.
But I do the whole lifestyle thing. "randonue" (naked randonnee) is something I was aware of as a child (a legal practice), and then I sort of found myself at the aptly-named "baie des cochons" near "cap d'agde" when I was 14 and my views regarding human sexuality and public decency have not been the same since.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
8 years 7 months ago #201872 by Cyan Sarden
Naked hiking has been in the news here again and again. I'm all for it. I certainly don't find it offensive. Hiking and nudity go together well - just like bathing and nudity. You're in nature in your natural state - makes perfect sense. If people can't bear seeing a naked human being, there's always the option of looking the other way.

Probably wouldn't do it myself though. but there are lots of things I wouldn't do but don't mind if other people do them.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi