Ouija - divination boards

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175333 by
Ouija - divination boards was created by
i'm interested in everyone's opinions and experiences of divination boards and Ouija.

all i'm going to say is i know that they can work, and are capable of predicting the future years in advance. i also know they don't always work. i have theories on why this may be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175334 by OB1Shinobi
Cool topic

Ever hear of SETH?
I personally have never been comfortable with spirit channeling, probably because I've known so many untrustworthy people that I'm not inclined to believe spirits are any more noble on average

But I fully accept thatnSOMETHING could be going on
I'm interested in your theory if ever you decide to share
I think this'll be my last postothe night tho
Happy new year

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175335 by
Replied by on topic Ouija - divination boards
In my opinion, Ouija is a board game and nothing more in itself. I do believe, however, that when a group of people gather around it and legitimately enter a trance-like or meditative state while playing, they can in some way channel their energies into the board, or if it is easier to understand, the Force, to tap into a higher knowledge.

My mother and fiance, however, swear by its ability to act as a spirit medium.

Perspective, I supposed.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175338 by
i do not recall hearing of SETH.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175350 by
I've never believed in the power of boards, cards, or items that are supposedly magical.

I do believe that people, whether what is happening is a scientifically measurable phenomena or not, can produce many wondrous and incredible effects by the power of their will.

Generally, I dislike this kind of question because the Ouija board isn't for me. It's for someone who believes in its power. The question of whether something is "real" is irrelevant. What's real is the person's belief in the board to do divination or otherwise communicate with those who have died.

Profanity
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #175367 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:Ouija - divination boards
I had one as a teenager and it 'worked' for me, but I don't believe now that the effect was real.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175368 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ouija - divination boards

Edan wrote: I had one as a teenager and it 'worked' for me, but I don't believe now that the effect was real.

if i may ask, because i'm curious from reading some of your other post, do you presently ascribe any labels, types, religions, crafts to yourself?

and at the time when you felt that it worked, did you belief it was real? if so how did you regard yourself then? i am genuinely interested, i'm not being a jackass.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175375 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:Ouija - divination boards

ghost dog wrote:
if i may ask, because i'm curious from reading some of your other post, do you presently ascribe any labels, types, religions, crafts to yourself?

and at the time when you felt that it worked, did you belief it was real? if so how did you regard yourself then? i am genuinely interested, i'm not being a jackass.

I'll pm you... whether I believed it was real or not, I think I half believed. I often questioned whether it was really a spirit or my own mind.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175380 by
thank you.

one thing i find very interesting is ones' belief system, and even degree of belief, while doing this, interestingly enough most stated this in their response.

from my own experiences, and others, i think what you believe in could be one of the major components of this type of discernment/divination/successful connection. i know my belief systems, faith, all sorts of strengths, and lifestyle have changed dramatically overtime. i feel strongly this contributes to the effectiveness of this type of "seeing", connection, plug in, or whatever one may "call" It.

i imagine that one could prepare oneself for success by doing, and not doing certain things, and that there are likely certain criteria(maybe not the best word for this) that make a successful "connection" possible/probable, i'm thinking of the body is a temple concept, pureness, and even strength of ones faith.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175516 by Hitira38
Honestly, I think Spirit Channeling can have a harsh consequence. To me anything you have to incorporate into the mind will have a risk of Mind Virus. Not saying your prolly gonna crack, though its important to be carful what you choose to believe. One should not meddle in the affairs of the future, understanding that the future is changing much like our momentary expressions of now.

HN

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi