Jibo: Family Robot (Designer inspired by Star Wars movies.)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #170654 by
([strike]Apologies if this has been posted before. I couldn't find a search function on the forums[/strike](Found it :whistle: ). Also I wasn't sure if this was suppose to go here or in miscellaneous. Again apologies if its in the wrong spot.)

So here is the promotional video:

And her Ted talk:

She's one of my role models. Anyways its due for a Summer 2016 release. Would you buy it? One of the main concerns or critiques I hear from people are that its creepy, or were ushering in a robot apocalypse XD Personally I love artificial intelligence and personal robots and its what I want to work on in the future. A more human like robot :)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170736 by
I would totally have something like that! I can see how it would be creepy, but I know a lot of people actually find the human robots creepier than the robots that don't look anything like humans.

I would want my Jibo to control all of my hoover robots and grass cutting robots lol.

More
9 years 5 months ago #170745 by Zenchi
Just don't give it legs....or hands. Has anyone watched the drunk tec review on this, lol...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170749 by
That is amazing! Any news on price estimates for the releases?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #170750 by

Revan Falton wrote: That is amazing! Any news on price estimates for the releases?

So far it's $600 for the home edition and $700 for the developer edition(where you can program your own skills and stuff) I plan on buying the developers kit. You can also upgrade you home edition with the sdk later for $125.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170769 by

Anyanwu wrote:

Revan Falton wrote: That is amazing! Any news on price estimates for the releases?

So far it's $600 for the home edition and $700 for the developer edition(where you can program your own skills and stuff) I plan on buying the developers kit. You can also upgrade you home edition with the sdk later for $125.

So the developers edition is the top of the line then? I looked in their website. They are no longer accepting pre-orders... Gotta wait till 2016 I guess. :/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi