What Do You Appreciate About TOTJO?

More
9 years 5 months ago #170634 by Proteus
I thought it would be nice to discuss what we enjoy and appreciate about this temple.

What is it about TOTJO that keeps you coming back? What have the leaders of it done right that has resulted in helping you learn about yourself and your path? What do you appreciate about the individuals here and what they do for you and the rest of the community?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J_Roz, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, Breeze el Tierno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170636 by
To start with, I have very much enjoyed the training material of the IP. Now the Temple didn't create all of it, but they brought it to my attention and I would probably never have experienced it without this place.

I appreciate the support system. It's great to have a place to go with problems that my friends may or may not be able or willing to help me with (not the most spiritual or philosophical group). There are people here who have my back, as much as one can have for someone they've never actually met, which I think says even more about them as people.

I appreciate having given a name to what I believe. It was so hard to even think about what to call myself (avoiding discussion of labeling) until I came here.

I appreciate the challenge. I can't grow if I'm never challenged and there are discussions and opinions here that vary widely from my own and it challenges me to really examine my ideas.

This list is by no means all inclusive, but it's the main few things I think.

Oh, I appreciate this thread. Great idea Proteus.

More
9 years 5 months ago #170651 by Breeze el Tierno
I appreciate having found a circle of like-minded people. I appreciate the challenges brought by those with whom I do not see eye to eye.

I appreciate suddenly having a common frame of reference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170661 by
I appreciate that there are real people (flaws and all) who actually care. We have a really dynamic membership and it's a privilege to be a part of it.

More
9 years 5 months ago #170665 by rugadd
I appreciate the candor, the camaraderie, the lessons, the hope, the frustration, the friendships, the teachers...gosh, it goes on and on. The stuff that gets me teary eyed is that people reached out not really knowing me to show support while I suffer.

I guess...the community?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170688 by
I appreciate being able to speak my mind and the diversity of thought offered, even if I disagree. ;) How else could I expand my views and mind. Sincere thanks to all. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170715 by
I appreciate, mostly, the studies. I've read a lot about spiritual matters before but to have it organised into an exercise on learning makes it more 'real' somehow. I'm coming to know more and more because I'm paying more attention.

I also like the friendly atmosphere. I feel that I can have discussions with people I disagree with without it falling into a slanging match, as on so many other forums. More than once already I've opened my eyes to other viewpoints by listening to what others think.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi