Joe's simple RPG

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #205028 by
Joe's simple RPG was created by
Hey. This is a simple RPG I created with help from many people as well from Totjo as from my other friends.

It is not yet finished, and still in pre-alpha. If you want, feel free to create your own characters, if you want to. If the system works, I will probably do spontaneous sessions you can partake in in chat. IF i'm there, that is.

Now. The setting is medieval fantasy. Similar to DnD, LotR, etc.

To start, you will need to put your 40 starting stat points into the four basic stats. The higher, the better. The starting value of the stats must be between 6 and 14, those numbers included.
The Stats are:
Strength (S)
Dexterity (D)
Charisma (C)
Mind (M)

Now, chose one of the five races and add their stat modifiers to your own (this can cause you to exceed the maximum value for your starting stats, which is allowed):

Human: no change.
Elf: -2S +1C +1D.
Dwarf: +2S -1C -1D.
Orc: +3S -1C -2M.
Lizard(wo)man: +2D +1M -2S -1C.

From these new stats you can derive the rest of your characters stats:
Hitpoints (HP): S+S+D
Karma (KP): C+C+M
Mana (MP): M+M+C
Attack-base (AT): (S+S+D)/3
Defense-Base (DE): (S+D+M)/3
Ranged Attack-base (RA): (D+D+S)/3
Initiative base (IN) D+D+C

Okay, so what do these stats do?
At some points during the game, you will have to roll on one or more of those stats. To roll on a stat, you roll a d20, (/roll 1d20) and check if the roll is lower or equal to your characters stat. If so, your roll was a success. All those rolls can be modified by either decision of the Dungeon Master (DM) / Me, or by certain skills and abilities.
Example: Thorion, a human warrior with 13S tries to smash in a wooden door that has been reinforced with metal. This reinforcement adds a +4 penalty to this roll. Thorion rolls a 12, and fails. The highest number he could have rolled to succeed in this case would be 9.

Now, give your character a name. Done.

What? no classes?! Correct. Classes will be unlocked by leveling your character. To do that, you must collect experience points (XP).
The classes (and their main attribute) that will be coming soon are:
Mage (M)
Priest (C)
Warrior (S)
Rogue (D)
For now, all heroes are class-less, and start with rags, 10 gold pieces, and a rusty dagger that does 1D6-2 damage.

Now, for the lore so far: The world you live in is called Torgon. Torgon is a large continent, mainly inhabited by the four surface-dwelling races, the humans in the west, the elves in the east, the orcs in the north, and the lizardmen in the south. The orcs are at war with the elves, and humans are being xenophobic against the lizardmen from the south. The elves and lizardmen are at peace, and there are tensions between the elves and humans, because despite a long-lasting peace between the two peoples, the humans refuse to give any aid to the elves in their war against the invading orcs from the north. Below that, in an endless, and seemingly all encompassing network of tunnels, live the dwarves, the oldest race of Torgon.

If you want in, post your character sheet down here. If you want to ask any questions, send me a PM or look for me in chat. If you want to give feedback, please contact me as well.

Lvl up your character: As you progress, you will earn Experience (XP). After you have gathered enough of that, you will advance a level. Each level up will give you one more point you can put into any of your stats. At certain levels, you will get certain other rewards as well, such as the unlocking of classes.
Here's the XP-table:
0: 0
1: 25 First class unlocked.
2: 75
3: 150
4: 250
5: 375 Second class unlocked
6: 525
7: 700
9: 900
10: 1125 Third class unlocked
... And so on.

Classes:
T1:
Rogue: Take aim 5KP(increases attack base by D/2 for the next two rounds) Passive: Anatomy (+1 critical range)
Mage: Arcane barrage 2MP(does M/2 Ranged damage) Passive: Critical mass (Increases all damage done by abilities by 50%, when over 50% Mana)
Priest: Healing light 2KP(Heals self or an ally for C/2 HP) Passive: Inspiration (gives all allies +1 armor)
Warrior: Heavy swing 5MP(Attack for S/2 increased damage) Passive: Immovable (Can't be pushed around on the battlefield, except by abilities that ignore this ability specifically.)

Things that are still in planning:
-some t2 classes
-MOAR Abilities that cost mana/karma
-Talent system (maybe)
-Inventory system (anything against infinite inventory? :D)
-Combat system (Practically done, must be tested)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209460 by
Replied by on topic Joe's simple RPG
Airak the Brute, Orc

Strenght 17
Dexterity 14
Charisma 5
Mind 4

Hitpoints: 48
Mana 13
Attack-base: 16
Defense-Base: 12
Ranged Attack-base: 15
Initiative base: 33

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209461 by
Question.

Joe wrote: Human: no change.
Elf: -2 Str +1Cha +1Dex.
Dwarf: +2 Str -1Cha -1Dex.
Orc: +3 Str -1Cha -2Cle.
Lizard(wo)man: +2Dex +1Cle -2Str -1Cha

What does the Cle stand for? Is that for Mind?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 5 months ago #209466 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Joe's simple RPG
Solace Tonalli, Elf (rogue when available)

Strength (S) 9 (11 - 2)
Dexterity (D) 12 (11 +1)
Charisma (C) 10 (9 +1)
Mind (M) 9

Hitpoints (HP): 30
Karma (KP): 29
Mana (MP): 28
Attack-base (AT): 10
Defense-Base (DE): 10
Ranged Attack-base (RA): 11
Initiative base (IN) 34

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209473 by

Goken wrote: Question.

Joe wrote: Human: no change.
Elf: -2 Str +1Cha +1Dex.
Dwarf: +2 Str -1Cha -1Dex.
Orc: +3 Str -1Cha -2Cle.
Lizard(wo)man: +2Dex +1Cle -2Str -1Cha

What does the Cle stand for? Is that for Mind?

Yes. I asked the same question. Cle stands for Cleverness, another name for Mind (maybe the pre-alpha original idea).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209513 by
Bianca, human

Strength (S) 8
Dexterity (D) 7
Charisma (C) 12
Mind (M) 12

Hit points (HP): 23
Karma (KP): 36
Mana (MP): 36
Attack-base (AT): 7(?)--Math was 7.6667, but I didn't want to assume it would round up.
Defense-Base (DE): 9
Ranged Attack-base (RA): 7 (again with the floating decimal...this time it was a .3333)
Initiative base (IN): 26

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209602 by

Inara.Noxx wrote: Attack-base (AT): 7(?)--Math was 7.6667, but I didn't want to assume it would round up.
[...]
Ranged Attack-base (RA): 7 (again with the floating decimal...this time it was a .3333)

Everything from .5 onward is rounded up. So your AT is 8 indeed. The RA value is correct.

Also, I edited the main post, and included classes and a table that shows you when you're on what level. Items will come as soon as they drop. T2 classes will come as soon as someone comes into the vicinity of lvl 5. Happy to see people are interested.
Also happy no one has shut me down, yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209636 by
I've always wanted to learn how to play DnD, but never found a crowd in my local area to play/learn with. Figured I'd give it a shot at least here :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209676 by
So wait... You weren't joking? I didn't know you were serious about having made this. Awesome. I am down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #217804 by
as stated in chat, elf (mage),
s- 10 -2,
d 10+1,
c 5+1 and
m 15.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjo/desolous/photos/photo?albumid=17&photoid=4335
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi