Clothing: Boots

More
8 years 7 months ago #201731 by Nakis
Clothing: Boots was created by Nakis
I will be updating my robes here soon as I've worn holes in the knees and what have you and something I've been wanting to do is get new boots. I've been using my old Marine Corps issue boots, but I'd kinda like to get something newer or more comfortable.

I typically wear my robes for meditation and for combat based games I partake in. I personally view the confines of a battlefield as a good way to keep in shape as well as a good way to work on internal harmony (boffer combat sports). So I'd like the boots to be rugged.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Licensed Clergy Person

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #201738 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Clothing: Boots
corcoran makes some good comfy boots....i wore them when i was on base specops...expensive though....could look into costuming boots like funtasma....i recently purchased a pair of boots from them that feel comfortable, aside from the wrong color (i ordered black and received chocolate brown, an issue easily fixed with krylon spray paint for plastics)....they're movie accurate if that matters...

i make all my own robes usually...and will soon begin the process of making a new "battle robe" to wear under my mandalorian styled armor...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
8 years 7 months ago #201753 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Clothing: Boots
Would you be able to attest to how well Funtasma stands up to running and shuffling and if they hurt after long periods?

Licensed Clergy Person

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #201759 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Clothing: Boots
so far mine seem to be pretty easy on the feet...i haven't had a chance to really put them through their paces since i recently had a back sprain, and sciatica and now bursitis in my hip....but they do feel good walking around, and even though they come up to the knees they are very flexible...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi