New Sith Lord has been chosen

More
11 years 1 month ago #98049 by Angelus
To be fair, ridiculing a major religious figure probably wasn't funny to begin with for some people here. :)

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98050 by
Replied by on topic Re: New Sith Lord has been chosen
I sort of hoped the pope wouldn't do or say something like that *sighs*

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #98063 by ren

Rav Adam wrote: I would disagree with that. Evolution is one such "Scientific Theory" that is taught as fact which in reality is not.

I am not saying there is not some truth to evolution at the same time.. there is estimated to be at least two evolutionary steps that separate humans from primates the so called "Missing Link"

I am not arguing that if Humans came from primates but it is not proven that Humans did in fact come from primates it is based on faith that IF the missing links were discovered that they would prove that humans did come from primates.. but, these missing links do not exist.

And lets look at the Science of Medicine. Which is mostly guess work as we see in Medical trials after medical trials.

Not to mention that science has brought us thousand apon thousands of diets and exercise plans that do not work and in many cases after they have been scientifically proven to be a benefit to us have turned out after later review to be detrimental to our health.

evolution is human-observable through a microscope in short-lived bacteria. the theory is that evolution (a fact) has been going on for a long time and that we are descended from life forms which were quite different from us. Basically a theory is speculation about what we cannot directly observe. We cannot directly observe the past, so we make a theory and try to prove it wrong.

humans are primates: fact. We share over 90% of our DNA with other primates. we're more primate than non-primate.

Also, if my parents die and their bodies cannot be found, does it mean there is a missing link between my grandmother and I?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angelus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98066 by
Actually in biology class I did a lab that showed we are closer to 99% similar

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98121 by

Akkarin wrote: Fact: There are 8 planets in our solar system - that was until Pluto was discovered...

Fact: There are 9 planets in our solar system...

Facts change all the time. They are facts because they are currently the most accurately true statements in any given moment...

isn't Pluto considered as a dwarf planet, not a planet?

*sigh* this is what happens when you're forced to learn physics the entire week.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98126 by
Yes Pluto is a dwarf planet :P

I could have made another note saying:

Fact: There are 8 planets in our solar system and 1 Dwarf Planet

but in the interests of making my point it wasn't necessary :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: pluto is not a planet...

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #98127 by ren
Depending on the definition of "planet", which is man-made and subject to change, we can have a lot more than 8 or 9 planets in the solar system since we have the asteroid belt and the kuiper belt of which pluto is part of.

oh and americans don't like to see it classified as something that isn't a planet because they didn't discover any of the proper planets.:whistle: :silly:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 month ago #98132 by rugadd
I still find this humorous...

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98133 by
Definitions. Always every thing needs to be defined? Why?

Move this if it needs to be in a different thread or one of it's own. There may have been enough drift already?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98134 by

rugadd wrote: I still find this humorous...

Humor...modified old joke...Is that a light saber in your hand or are you glad to be here?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi