Study Material?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Real Jedi vs Fictional Jedi (Last post by tzb)
    • What's the difference? I ask because a number of threads recently have come up, debating the nature of Jediism seemingly based around confusion between the real, and the Star Wars. Some have even asked... why can't real Jedi be like those in Star Wars? So what's your take on this? What makes us different, and why? To kick things off.. For the sake of comparison, I see real Jedi a little like beat cops, people who spend most of their lives dealing with mundane things in the service of others (and all the attendant paperwork) in the hope of making a small positive impact, but who strive to be ready should some major catastrophe fall in their laps. People who are charged with understanding that even those who break the law aren't necessarily "evil" people. (I know, this is a rose-tinted view of cops.. I'm talking about the "idea" as much as the reality. I'd say similar is true of many Jedi, anyway) Fictional Jedi are, in comparison, like the cops from Lethal Weapon. They can do things no real cop can do. They are immune from punishment, almost immune from mistakes of judgement even. There's no paperwork, but that's OK because in some nebulous way (ie multiple corpses and millions of dollars property damage) "they get results". There is never a civilian caught in the crossfire. Their shots never miss. They are black-and-white "goodies" fighting black-and-white "baddies". People who think real Jedi can be anything like fictional Jedi are, in my opinion, making a similar error of judgement to anyone who thinks beat cops can behave like Riggs and Murtaugh. They don't understand that the real world is far more complex, far less black and white. Far more difficult. Involves far more paperwork (see also: Hot Fuzz). Were they to complete basic police training, perhaps they would learn a little about the "grey" nature of reality, the complexity of making judgements and affecting a positive difference in the world. The politics which are unavoidable. In likelihood someone with the "Lethal Weapon" view of policing wouldn't ever be allowed into the academy (and even Steve Guttenberg made it into the academy). But it seems most aren't interested in even that basic study. They take a look at the syllabus, decide they don't need it and demand to be given a cop badge, handed a six-shooter (aka lightsaber) and sent off to destroy the bad guys. I should add I love Lethal Weapon :D I just don't confuse it with reality. Same thing for Star Wars Jedi.
    • Grey Jedi...Anyone else? (Last post by ckott)
    • one last thing in passing if knowing is not enough and we must apply and willing is not enough and we must do then why is it when I propose we do something youd like to label me a extremist? Are you really content to let the world burn around you or wouldnt you like to stand for something more? Your life is just a blink in time compared to the universe wouldnt you like the universe to remember you? Remember us all as the ones who finally decreed that no longer shall people live in fear? no longer shall mouths go hungry while so many gullets are bursting? No longer shall people be imprisoned because they share a differemt point of view? No longer shall countries agree to go to war just because it would be profitable? I can and will do more and I promise you even if you dont agree with me and wont stand with me, even if it takes my last dying breath I will make the world better for you and your children
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Arcade)
    • [video] Hej Matematik - Sikke en fest "We should live more We should dream more We should play more We should laugh more We should sing more We should celebrate more We should dare more We should forgive more We should love more"
    • Warrior-Priests (Last post by Aqua)
    • I am quite happy that you post this in the Philosoph thread! :side: If it is about the story of Grandalf.. Grandalf was made on the ideas of ''Der Berggeist'' Humphrey Carpenter told in his biography that Tolkien owned a postcard entitled ''Der Berggeist'' On the paper cover in which he kept it, he wrote ''the origin of Grandalf.'' - Wikkipedia [image] If Grandalf comes from a Postcard.. with a lovely goat.. .. .. How can he be a warrior, the fact that he had a sword was for pure physical protection due to the fact that he would not use magic for every little problem I guess.. Grandalf is a immortal, but not a warrior, the background of Gandalf tells the story ;)
    • Inglorius... film discussion. (Last post by ren)
    • If I could go back in time I wouldn't bother preventing hitler's birth (btw he wasn't the product of rape), I'd just prevent WW1... This way no ww1, no ww2, Hitler gets to live the bohemian/hippie life he wanted, no israel therefore no israeli-palestinian conflict... I normally like Tarantino's work (I generally enjoy exploitation), but I found Inglorious bastards boring...
    • From a corner of the library ... (Last post by Vusuki)
    • The lightbulb conspiracy/ Planned Obsolescence (52 minutes- but a fascinating 52 minutes) Not entirely sure whether this belongs here or not but thought it could at least serve as a bump for some of the other videos in this thread- Enjoy learning and watching any of them! If people would like to start a discussion about this particular video however (or any video from this thread), please create a new thread thank you very much, :)
    • Puppy love! (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Her name is Chica, just two months old. My brother and his girlfriend have little time to train a pup. So my wife is going to train her, we get her three days a week. My wife is studying dogs behavior and want to work with dogs with behavioral problems. So this is going to be a side project. Shes very excited!
    • Jediism and inspiration (Last post by Edan)
    • I find inspiration from other Jedi... without those here I wouldn't have made the progress I have. So many different people yet all part of the Force..
    • Historical Discoveries (Last post by Edan)
    • Arctic Shipwreck may be the Franklin Expedition Full article here: news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09...-arctic-archaeology/
    • I, Mormon jedi (Last post by Jestor)
    • As to not leave you wondering, there are three members here that are/were Mormon... But, I don't tell others tales if I can help it... At least not by name...;)
    • A question of The Force. (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Quote: @ ltk....it's a good possibility that many either ignore or misinterpret the warnings they "sense"...I've done it myself a few times.... They day my brother was killed I was running late for work. As I was running out the door I suddenly felt like talking to him. On my drive to work I was sitting at a light and looked over at a gas station and thought I should pull in to get gas and a drink...I ignored it and continued to work...all day at work I kept thinking about my brother, on my drive home I passed and accident in which a pedestrian was hit and killed in the median, as I passed the body under the sheet I suddenly had the image of my brother pop into mind...that night the police stopped by asking us to identify his body....he had been hit by a vehicle that went off the road at the very same gas station I had thought of stopping at that morning, just 15 mins after I had ignored the urge to pull in.... A few years later my dad was in the hospital, and when he died I was at my parents house keeping an eye on things...at the exact time he died Ifelt as though the air around me had gotten heavy, and his 3 dogs jumped up at the back door and began licking the glass and whining (they never whined before)...a few seconds later I got the call saying he had died... I am sorry you had to go tru al this ... Even if this happend all a while ago my sympathies. -Doomeniek
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Edan)
    • From 'Ulysses' by Alfred, Lord Tennyson "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    • I have been starting the studies (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: Just the experience and the journey? .. what you with it after you gain it! Think you figured that out yourself already :side: Ha what if i gain it? Or did you meant what will i do with it after i gained it? Either how good questions ... Im not completely sure tho, discovery usually comes with change or interference of what you discover. As for now i feel the Force as .. well the force of life, if it is a living thing it will adapt and change perhaps after i 'discover' it. Therefore im not sure at the moment that the journey of discovering/understanding the Force ever ends :) Anyhow, i love those questions popping into my head now. I am looking at things completely different, and i want to see everything all over again! -Doomeniek Both very true! Guessing it is depending on what you wish to accomplish with the understanding, how much you can handle in your mind that determine the length / end of your journey. Some people say that the journey never ends, but hey, we will never know if there is a end until we experience it! :woohoo: and.. I love the questions to, it gives me some kind of depth and awareness. Even if I do not understand it, still thinking of all those possibilities; Just wonderful! :blink:

There are 157 visitors, 3 guests and 18 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, ren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, MCSH, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, soleenalamir.

Follow Us