Study Material?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Drone Operators with PTSD (Last post by Kaverael)
    • Quote: Quote: Let us also not forget when the rich wage war it is the poor who die, the other part to that is the rich win regardless of outcome... now please do not think me evil but if there is war and fights and skirmishes make no mistake some one is getting rich regardless of your views ...the tools for war are paid for in money..please dont forget that. Incorrect, it is religion agendas that are the big product of war. Every war resulted from either religion or agendas. Donald trump or Rockefeller are not out there starting wars. The rich use religion as a way to push people apart, and pit them against each other. Carlos is correct, if you study any major war, there is always some underlying organization getting rich. You don't think the Catholic church built the Vatican, or any of it's other exuberant holdings on the backs of the tithes of the poor do you? Study the works of US Marine Major General Smedley Butler. He has a much different take on war!
    • Discussion 1 - The Call to Adventure (Last post by Kaverael)
    • I am still looking to do this assignment, but unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, adventure is calling me, and I have to answer, because sometimes you have to answer the Call to Adventure, whether you want to or not. I will try to get this in over the weekend and start #2 as well!
    • about Padawan (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: Quote: I suggest that waterfall braid for Knight rank and fish tail + french braid for Master rank! :side: :woohoo: LOL Well this would be problematic for me. Ive never managed to get a handle on the water fall braid, but I wear mine is a fishtail almost daily. I have the hair for any of those... lol :lol: Probably should have taken a pic when my niece french braided mine....for some reason she put a really narrow braid down the middle....that bit got knotted up pretty good too, when I undid the braid a couple days later...
    • Keeping Calm and Centered (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Lots of annoying things irritate the hell out of me....when it gets to be too much I take a deep breath in through my nose and exhale slowly out my mouth and utter the word fah kit....mentally I attach the irritations to the word say they depart as the breath departs...
    • Discussion 2 - Refusal of the Call (Last post by jedi_roz)
    • Have you ever refused the call? Do you regret it? Can you think of a time where you refused the call and it turned out to be the right decision? Refused a call? Yes, in going to a different university. I ended up choosing one closer to home rather than one that was halfway across the country. I chose to be two hours from home rather than two days because my family was not in the best health and both my brothers were still in school, I felt responsible to help them if I needed to be home fast. However in the end it worked out because I fell in love, got married and am now teaching at my first college that I graduated from. What are the most common reasons people "refuse" adventure in their lives, and why? I think people get comfortable. They are afraid to take a chance, or can't take that chance due to personal circumstances. I couldn't leave tomorrow for another job across the country because we would have to sell our house, figure out our animals, the horses etc. Try and think of two reasons in addition to the ones listed above that someone might refuse the call, ideally one negative reason, and one positive reason. Do you think they are good reasons? In our instance my husband would have to quit his job for me to move but if I got a full time job in the teaching field it would be a good thing. I do think that's a great reason, and I'm actively hunting for just that. I'm 32 years old and have no future, nothing saved, no retirement to look forward to. I need to start looking to that future. Think of our doctrine. Are there any reasons one might refuse the call based on something listed there? If so what, and why? I refer to this line: We Believe; In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty. I would certainly refuse a call to commit horrible acts on humans (or animals even) A great example in my area right now is just recently a small 4yr old boy was beaten to death by the mothers boyfriend. I will save the list of injuries except to say the child suffered for almost a day and half before he got medical attention and by that point the damage was done and he passed. Now there is darn near a lynch mob for the guy who did this and people are downright ready to kill him. Truthfully the mother in me is aghast, however we were talking about it at work and one of my coworkers friends is the father of this little boy. She is ready to commit murder to avenge this child's death. I couldn't follow her conversation. I agree punishment is in order, and certainly drastic but what people have threatened to do or even commit to this man is just wrong. Could I work in the jail where this man is at? Could I be in the jury to condemn this man? I don't think so. I don't feel I could treat this guy right, (not that I am going to do anything to him but I don't think I could stay neutral in this scenario, I wouldn't be able to do my job) I don't want to see what people describe doing either. I just try to stay as neutral as possible. This one is hard because passion runs high and people are angry.
    • Too Much Forgiveness: Is there such a thing? (Last post by Brenna)
    • When I was little the expression "forgive but never forget" seemed rather ominous and almost like an oxymoron. But I see it differently now. To forgive someone is to let go of the resentment, prejudice and hurt that you hold. Forgiveness is not a condoning of actions, nor is it an invitation to repeat the actions. And there comes a point where repeated offenses are little more than an abuse of trust. I believe you can forgive someone for what they have done, but still not allow them the opportunity to repeat it.
    • 'Mo'vember (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Spoiler: [attachment] Darn. Disqualified already. But seriously, anything to raise awareness, support, and money for a good cause is an awesome thing. I like the idea, though I may not personally reshape my face-fur for this particular endeavor.
    • Going on a Trip (Last post by Kaverael)
    • Quote: I just spent time in Saint Helens over the summer and we visited Seaside, Oregon. It's one of my favorite places in the world. I hope you have a great time! Travel safely! :) Glad you got out because it looks like it's starting to rumble back to life!
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 17 checking in. Today was yoga, 40 minutes. My muscles are in that kind of achy state at the moment from the work I've been doing ( :) ) so it was hard, but actually it was the best one I've done so far. I attempted, and (bar a few failed attempts in which I fell on my face and laughed at myself), I managed to do Bakasana / Crow pose. For anyone that is interested, crow pose is where you lean forwards on your hands looking forward, and balance your knees on the back of your arms. It is not easy and I've failed previously, but the fact I managed it today means that I am definitely stronger than when I started, which is good.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Twice now I've sent my sermon to someone on the day it's supposed to be published and I noticed that it's pretty much not enough turn around time so I'm wondering if anyone has a recommended amount of time prior to the day it's supposed to be published that open sermons should be submitted?
    • MJ Hannigan (Last post by tzb)
    • To knowingly allow the other gods to trick Fenrir, no less.

There are 99 visitors, 6 guests and 35 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, jedi_roz, Phortis Nespin, Wescli Wardest, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, Reacher, Rosalyn J, Clone_Warrior, Williamkaede, MCSH, E-3_4L_Teeter, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Edan, tzb, Kaverael, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, Venator Mortis, smolla.brandon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Aqua, Oneiros, Invictus, Mos-An Hobel, Dessel761, GregHorvath77.

Follow Us