Study Material?

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • TotJO Programming Thread (Last post by den385)
    • There is the Code and there are interpretations: mine differs from yours. I don't read code as "emotion, yet rationality". I read it "emotion, yet peace [between emotional and rational]". Otherwise, it would contradict with a metaphor of Luke turning off the targeting device (ratio) and calming down (emotion) to follow his intuition and get this one-out-of-a-million shot in episode IV. I don't credit Franchise references much, commonly, but this one has made it into John Campbell's "The Power of Myth" which was lesson one on IP for me.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • This is probably one of the weirdest forum posts I've made. :huh: Since about 10 o'clock this morning, I've been in a pretty bizarre space. It has been one of those days where "absolutely nothing in Life is good, EVERY BLOODY THING needs to be different, I don't have the time to do anything, I'm nothing, I'm a f*cking idiot who pretends to have some measure of cleverness, I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't even frakkin' cook ! My Life is just miserable and no one gives a shit ... !" :( * :ohmy: * :angry: * :pinch: * :angry: * :dry: * :( One of those kinds of days, you know ... :S Well, as it were : * It's the first day of my winter holiday (I have a week off) ... how the hell is that not having time for stuff ? * I finished a delightful and helpful book today and began another ... * I go to the gym, come home to a nice wok-ful of rice & chicken with ginger that I made and is quite tasty ... * Tomorrow morning, I'm going to have coffee with a friend of mine who I don't get to see often, but we have a pretty human and whole-hearted conversation each time we can ... * Saturday, I spent the afternoon and into the early evening with other friends who I don't get to see often but each time we do it is pretty human and whole-hearted too ... And that was after spending the morning interviewing with two journalists from France Info ... - So - Now, like I said, it was since about 10 o'clock this morning that I got on that silly My Life Sucks roundabout ; I realised that today I've lounged around at home and seen no one. Essentially, no one ruined my day but me. The reason why I'm putting this here, in the Grateful Thread, is because when I realised that ... I just had one of the biggest, tears streaming down my cheeks LAUGHS that I've had yet so far this year ... How ridiculous is that ? To essentially spend all day in a snit because things are essentially going just fine ... :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh:
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Luthien)
    • 5x5 Squats 5x5 Overhead press 5x5 Deadlift 1x30 Calf raise 1x20 Abdominal crunch 1x20 Back extension 1x20 In-and-out
    • Your meditation routine (Last post by Matsukaze)
    • As for standard meditation, it's hard for me to sit still or get relaxed in the fixed sitting position. I usually zone out in the shower, but for full meditation I prefer when it rains, and to get accustomed to nature's white noise. Sometimes very cold weather is beneficial, as everything tends to be quiet outside.
    • 5 rights women have that men don't (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: Quote: You know what else men have that women don't? This drives me up the wall!! Buttons... I demand to either have clothes with right-handed buttons or someone to dress me! :woohoo: You know what I wish women had that men have? Pockets. I swear I have to carry all of my fiance's stuff because none of her clothes have functional pockets worth a darn. LOL Payback for all the times guys ask us to carry things in our purses :P LOL But I like your style! I also vote for functional pockets!!
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • "Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It's a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognise our shared humanity." ~ Pema Chödrön
    • Bad Dreams (Last post by Burn_Phoenix)
    • Though it is just reiterating what many others have said, dreams tend to be messages from your subconscious putting your fears into scenarios so you can understand them and possibly confront them (though it doesn't realise that you can't infact easily understand them lol!) I would try and view the dreams objectively, don't focus on one aspect such as the actual acts but see it in conjunction with how it makes you feel in both the dream and reality and what is happening in your life at that point in time. Give it full context and layer it with as much information as you can. A friend of mine had a recurring dream that she was running from someone with a baby in her arms, she never seemed to be able to completely escape and was never able to get a signal on her phone to call the police. To now give it context, she was in an abusive relationship and had a daughter. A common feeling with those in that kind of situation is helplessness. It makes sense that, metaphorically, the person she was running from could be her husband, the baby her daughter. Yet she feels trapped and that she is having to deal with it on her own (not being able to escape or call for help). Personally, one that haunts me to this day is a nightmare I had where my daughter died during child birth (her child). It was horrific and traumatic and gave me a few sleepless nights and if I think about it before going to bed it takes me a while to settle enough to go to sleep. The context is I was going through a custody battle, my children were at risk from their mother (who had custody at the time) and I had no proof of this, so despite testimony after testimony all authorities said that there was no risk and the children were to remain in her care. I was essentially powerless to protect my children from harm. Apply that to the dream: as a man there is no more a helpless position to be in that when a woman you care about is giving birth, because you can't really help and are unlikely to effect the outcome. so that powerlessness manifested in the dream scenario, but that scenario had no real life basis. (unless of course it does turn out to be a premonition just years in advance in which case my life will fall apart on many levels!)
    • Real World Jedi (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • "we become what we think about" "people with goals succeed because they know where theyre going, its that simple"
    • No need for a physical temple (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • why most people arent rich becoming an entrepreneur wealth mindset ten home based businesses it is each of our personal responsibility to find a way to become financially free we dont necessarily need to be RICH but we need to be FREE or i should say its each of our responsibility to choose the life we want to live these are just a few small videos but they represent really big ideas what i want to encourage is the confidence that we are capable of anything the information is out there the opportunity is out there its up to each of us to have a vision and the commitment to bring it to life

There are 188 visitors, 11 guests and 29 members online (4  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Shadouness, RyuJin, baru, Jestor, Nakis, Adhara, Gisteron, Burn_Phoenix, Proteus, Luthien, meatloaf, Alexandre Orion, Elemental Harmony, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, peace, Cristris_Jons, Goken, GalUnDrux, Exarchias, Culla, Rocda, den385, Tk768, Milejski, Sha Karn, Loudzoo, Chocobo, Saile Tuk, smirq, Atticus509, nelonadam, Gardisto.

Follow Us