Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Meditation tips (Last post by Winston)
    • Yeah, That's what I've been attempting and it's very challenging. It's nice to know that meditation can be achieved without that. Actually, I sort of always thought if it as an extreme connection to yourself and self awarness. Rather than shutting down.
    • love hurts: mental health (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i almost said something to you when i read your post in the rants thread, but it was a rant and not an request for input here you are specifically requesting input this is based on my experience and there is no guarantee youre going to like it or be able to do it but i am speaking from experience and also with your interest at heart first, because of what you said in the other thread and what youre saying now i have to tell you that the relationship youre in is unhealthy i dont need to know anything more than what youve already said to make this statement youve communicated your feelings to this person and they treated the situation as if your feelings are not worthy of their respect in your own words they told you that your feelings are your fault theres only two ways this can play out either you are placing a higher expectation on them than is fair or realistic or youre expectations are fair but they refuse to ackowledge that they are fair because they dont want to have to meet them either way the relationship is a drain on your emotional stability and they are not going to change their behavior to meet your desires my last girl friend was a drug addict who would give my stuff away to other dudes like she told me one time her daughter was coming over and asked me to leave so they could visit and this other dude showed up.wearing one of my jackets thats one example of one moment with one guy she would bring dudes around that she was fooling with and introduce me to them as if they were just friends and then sit there and flaunt the situation she did these things because it entertained her, and because it entertained them the more i was miserable the more she would turn the knife and she would then tell me it was my own fault in my wish to believe in love i kept thinking that if i just explained it she will realize what shes doing is no good or if i just showed her i was better than these other dudes who only wanted sex and didnt care about her as a person then she would realize that i was offering something that should be valued and would last and that she would change how she treated me on the one hand the problem wasnt me it was her she would lie constantly and i would know she was lying about what she was doing but then i would tell myself that she was being honest when she told me she loved me i seriously could not belive that anyone would be so blatantly disrespectful and hurtful and eventually i attached my sense self to the idea of getting her to recognise my value as a person but she was not interested in my definition of my value her valuation of me was not anything to do what i held to be my value and so i dedicated myself to something impossible so on the one hand the problem wasnt me it was her, but on the other hand the real problem was me i was fixated on this idea of getting her to see that i am a person with value and worth since this time ive done some research and ive come to the conclusion based on what ive read that she is a textbook case of a sociopath she simply does not relate to other people as having feelings which should be acknowledged that may not be your situation, but how ive come to get passed it still applies to you so the first thing you have to understand is that this is entirely a matter of attention and attachment youre attention is fixated on this person and your attention is fixated on the idea of being treated a certain way by them but you are not going to get what you want it does not matter of your expectations are fair or not fair by what you have said it is clear that they will not be met regardless of fair or unfair also, your emotions have attached the idea of love with the idea of them you had an idea of love before you met them but they maybe filled the role that love is supposed to hold in life so the idea of love has become associated with the idea of them what comes next is that you have to get to the understanding that its not a person you want, its a treatment its a relationship a certain type of relationship it the role of "love" being filled the real truth is that the person is expendable totally expendable! its not a person youre looking for, its an experience! this is the way its SUPPOSED to work; hi, im rugadd hi rugadd, im cool pretty girl awesome! ok cool pretty girl, this is what i want from a relationship and this is what i have to offer you can reasonably expect me to act this way and treat you this way and this is what i expect from you, generally speaking we both get some margin for error because we're both human but the standards are applied equally and the number one rule is honesty how does that sound? that sounds great rugadd thats exactly what im looking for too! cool, lets make out cool! blah blah blah and rose colored glasses does it ever actually play out this way? well im still looking lol but when people are honest about their expectations of each other and honest about what expectations they are willing to live up to then it can also that margin for error thing is important sometimes things happen that really test a relationship forgiveness can be tough but the process is still basically the same its about honesty and expectations we feel hurt when our expectations arent met im not even going to get in to the issue of what are reasonable and what are unreasonable expectations because thats not what you asked about the idea is to be upfront and honest and realistic about expectations also to be able to review and work together on whats happened and where to go next if that breaks down its either an issue of expectations being higher than the reality or of honesty being lower than reality sometimes expectations and feeling are so high that its difficult to be honest again thats not what youve asked but its important to understand this is getting too wordy lol the challenge you have is this first you have to reclaim your attention take back all that attention energy you gave to the person and give back all the energy they gave to you meditate on this every time you feel that pang of hurt give them back their energy and reclaim the power youve given to them feel your power filling you up as you breathe it back in feel your power leaving from them and returning to you breath out their power over you give it back to them, they can have it - you dont need it its not yours and it isnt doing you any good do this constantly - youll be surprised next you have to disengage the idea of love from the idea of this person a connection has been made that doesnt actually work fortunately its a connection youve made and therefore its a connection you can unmake or remake somewhere else love is not a person and it is not even simply a feeling it is totally ok to be totally selfish in love (before you freak out let me explain what i mean) you cannot comfortably give the best of yourself when you see that youre being treated like garbage there comes a point where you become ashamed and afraid of every kindness and every tenderness towards the other person this is not love it is hell so understand that the person does not matter its an agreement you want you agree to this and they agree to that and furthermore if some this or some that turns out to be too much you agree to be open about whats going on and to find a mutually agreeable way to handle it and work through it together or if it just cant be worked out then to call it quits and move on with as little poison thrown at each other as possible every well intentioned adult agrees that this is basically the way its supposed to work - the way it should in the best world play out and theres nothing wrong with breaking it off and being the one to walk away if you cant walk away from a relationship then youre basically agreeing to accept whatever terms are imposed upon you by whoever lets you stick around and whoever takes you up on that deal is not going to treat you well at all thats not the relationship you want so now you need something else to focus on its sometimes easier to get over someone by getting involved with someone else the downfall of this is that when it does work its usually just a repeat of the previous pattern the pattern stays exactly what it was before the attachment stays the fixation stays they just switch over to the new person the healthy way is to stay focused on staying focused on yourself im willing to bet that in the experience of fixating on this person that you sort of lost touch with your own path thats what usually happens if thats the case then the absolute most important thing which you must do is to reclaim your path or redefine your path so that you have a new updated version which is more in line to who you are now but no matter what, youve got to put your focus back where it needs to be this is where it needs to be; ARE YOU DOING WHAT YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO BE DOING WITH YOUR LIFE? and if the answer is yes then the question is WHATS THE NEXT STEP? if your answer has anything to do with some other person and most especially with some person treating you a certain way, then your answer is wrong lol not to be rude about it but destiny as a force, is not romantic, its between you and the universe not you and a lover there is a love destiny, ok love is kind of the name of the game, in a real way but love starts with living your own life in a way that fills you up you have to fill yourself up so that you can give yourself out thats what your life path is all about and until youre moving towards THAT destiny, you wont be ready for the romantic love destiny some people disagree, and thats ok everyones got their own life but if the answer to the above questions is "no" or "i dont know" then obviously thats the next step; finding something awesome to do with yourself and if youve already got the basic answer then now its time to figure out and recommit to the next step if youd like some help figuring any of that out we can talk about it next basically thats the task youve got on your plate if what ive said is totally off base then i apologize if it makes sense and youd like to talk more then we can talk here or you can PM me no matter what i wish you the best and i can tell you that youll get through it in time the hurt will hurt less eventually (and in my experience, the stuff i just said helps!)
    • Mars One (Last post by a67)
    • We are going to revive Mars finally! Yeah it's a excellent idea. B) Mother Earth had suffer a lot already and she are going to be heal. We are not going far.. The same binary star of our constellation. . Only a timespace a little bit on the future from our perspectives. There are so many good things to go on Mars. I am sure this planet have a lot of secret to reveal. I am not going to elaborate on all the good things. Life goal it's to spread and thrive like Ryujin said. So when Mars get completely healed, maybe we go make a Jedi Temple there. :woohoo:
    • Stupidity as a religion... (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: we all suffer eventually I wouldn't say eventually, ;).... Id say "we all have, or will, suffer at some point"... Its a lesson that you can't realize without enduring.... I'm hoping I've moved beyond it... chuckle... But, I've more yet in front of me...;)
    • The World (Last post by a67)
    • :laugh: oh Proteus! Thats was really funny! Loll :woohoo: Do you knew our sun is binary? I was asking myself if that brother sun have planet with him. Lord Jesus =) I would like to elaborate on this subject. But the Force suggest me to don't say anything else. Just to all be aware that he dissapear a time before he reappear. And he learned a lot of the world around like bouddhism. But unfortunately the original bouddhism had burned so all we have are copy. m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=50038 Thats make me think on the ring of salomon. Century after people was trying to use salomon knowledge but was disfunctional. Do you really think that the truth Knowledge don't burn with the fall of his kingdom? :whistle: Courage .. Jedi are back! Loll
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • lol thank you its nice to be here, i hope you werent too lonely waiting for me to show up! neener neener neener you meanie meanie head!
    • speed of light (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • www.livescience.com/29111-speed-of-light-not-constant.html this is all from the article linked above author Marcel Urban of the Université du Paris-Sud, looks at the cosmic vacuum, which is often assumed to be empty space. The laws of quantum physics, which govern subatomic particles and all things very small, say that the vacuum of space is actually full of fundamental particles like quarks, called "virtual" particles. These matter particles, which are always paired up with their appropriate antiparticle counterpart, pop into existence and almost immediately collide. When matter and antimatter particles touch, they annihilate each other. Photons of light, as they fly through space, are captured and re-emitted by these virtual particles. Urban and his colleagues propose that the energies of these particles — specifically the amount of charge they carry — affect the speed of light. Since the amount of energy a particle will have at the time a photon hits it will be essentially random, the effect on how fast photons move should vary too. Gerd Leuchs and Luis Sánchez-Soto, from the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Light in Erlangen, Germany, say that the number of species of elementary particle that exist in the universe may be what makes the speed of light what it is. Leuchs and Sanchez-Soto say that there should be, by their calculations, on the order of 100 "species" of particle that have charges. The current law governing particle physics, the Standard Model, identifies nine: the electron, muon, tauon, the six kinds of quark, photons and the W-boson. [Wacky Physics: The Coolest Little Particles in Nature] The charges of all these particles are important to their model, because all of them have charges. A quantity called impedance depends on the sum of those charges. The impedance in turn depends on the permittivity of the vacuum, or how much it resists electric fields, as well as its permeability, or how well it supports magnetic fields. Light waves are made up of both an electric and magnetic wave, so changing those quantities (permittivity and permeability) will change the measured speed of light. "We have calculated the permittivity and permeability of the vacuum as caused by those ephemeral virtual unstable elementary particles," Soto-Sanchez wrote in an email to LiveScience. "It turns out, however, from such a simple model one can discern that those constants contain essentially equal contributions of the different types of electrically charged particle-antiparticle pairs: both, the ones known and those so far unknown to us." Both papers say that light interacts with virtual particle-antiparticle pairs. In Leuchs' and Sanchez-Soto's model, the impedance of the vacuum (which would speed up or slow down the speed of light) depends on the density of the particles. The impedance relates to the ratio of electric fields to magnetic fields in light; every light wave is made up of both kinds of field, and its measured value, along with the permittivity of space to magnetic fields, governs the speed of light. Some scientists are a bit skeptical, though. Jay Wacker, a particle physicist at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, said he wasn't confident about the mathematical techniques used, and that it seemed in both cases the scientists weren't applying the mathematical tools in the way that most would. "The proper way to do this is with the Feynman diagrams," Wacker said. "It's a very interesting question [the speed of light]," he added, but the methods used in these papers are probably not sufficient to investigate it. The other issue is that if there really are a lot of other particles beyond what's in the Standard Model, then this theory needs some serious revision. But so far its predictions have been borne out, notably with the discovery of the Higgs boson. This doesn't mean there aren't any more particles to be found — but if they are out there they're above the energies currently achievable with particle accelerators, and therefore pretty heavy, and it's possible that their effects would have shown up elsewhere.
    • Small Acts of Self-Love (Last post by Vusuki)
    • I've been reading a little bit of a book- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies recently and some of you've been writing Jamie reminded me of it (or vice versa!). Other elements of what I see as wisdom pop up like paying attention or recognising when we play the black and white game (Watts) in the book. I'm enjoying recognising ideas that I've heard before from other people... And so hence- I thought I'd add here a list of 'thinking errors' that we fall into. In quotinig part of the book and not all of it, I hope people will not take what i write as clearly right or wrong but just a set of ideas... I hope some find some interest and can enjoy it in any case! "... Questions that you might ask yourself in order to identify your thinking errors include: • Am I jumping to the worst possible conclusion? (Catastrophising) • Am I thinking in extreme – all-or-nothing – terms? (Black-and-white thinking) • Am I using words like ‘always’ and ‘never’ to draw generalised conclusions from a specific event? (Overgeneralising) • Am I predicting the future instead of waiting to see what happens? (Fortune-telling) • Am I jumping to conclusions about what other people are thinking of me? (Mind-reading) • Am I focusing on the negative and overlooking the positive? (Mental filtering) • Am I discounting positive information or twisting a positive into a negative? (Disqualifying the positive) • Am I globally putting myself down as a failure, worthless or useless? (Labelling) • Am I listening too much to my negative gut feelings instead of looking at the objective facts? (Emotional reasoning) • Am I taking an event or someone’s behaviour too personally or blaming myself and overlooking other factors? (Personalising) • Am I using words like ‘should’, ‘must’, ‘ought’ and ‘have to’ in order to make rigid rules about myself, the world or other people? (Demanding) • Am I telling myself that something is too difficult or unbearable or that ‘I can’t stand it’ when actually it’s hard to bear but it is bearable and worth tolerating? (Having a low frustration tolerance" Have a nice day/night, :)
    • No inner monologue (Last post by Alan)
    • Is it a monologue? Even when thinking in words (silently in our inner thoughts) are we not talking to ourselves? When we talk to ourselves using our outside voice it is a conversation that we hear. So, a dialogue. Theory: Only a being with a sense of self and language skills can have an inner dialogue. Younger children do not have this inner dialogue because they have not yet developed a sense of self, even if they do have language skills Suggested reading: Consciousness and the Acquisition of Language, Maurice Merleau-Ponty. Also of interest: The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Before the form of consciousness that we now experience developed (evolved), ancient persons thought their inner dialogue was actually someone else talking to them. The silent voice of perhaps, a god or other invisible being.

There are 271 visitors, 5 guests and 27 members online (5  in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, RyuJin, Jedi_Roz, Nakis, Connor L., Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Arcade, Llama Su, Wudan, SilverWolf, jamesjohnston1741, a67, ChristopherDavid, GalUnDrux, Jeffery Williams, Cyan Sarden, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Ramadeus, Quaesitor Veritatis, Krieger, Winston, bloodx, Maverick Grey, gpfelix07, WayToTheNorthsea.

Follow Us