Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • There is no Death (Last post by Proteus)
    • The simplest metaphor I've yet to contemplate for my perception of the nature of life and death: * Take a blanket (the universe... the force) * Grab one small area of it * Twist it up into a thin "focused" cone protruding out of the blanket (one human, animal, plant, or other life) * After a while, let go of it and let it relax again (death) The part you grabbed is still there. It's just not focused into a single point anymore. The whole time, what you were grabbing was the blanket. You would be more thoroughly correct to call it "grabbing the blanket" than only saying "creating a twisted cone", because the cone is simply the shape of that part of the blanket. In the same way, each entity of "life" for us is the universe focusing itself into different shapes out of its whole fabric. Its nature, however, is that of constant change (its always moving, always "happening"), so eventually, that focal point of energy leaves that area, relaxes back into the whole of the fabric, and the energy that created that focal point is re-distributed to other parts of it, to create other focal points of energy in other areas of the fabric. Each focal point of energy is created out of a combination of energies from other parts of the fabric (the force). But the whole time, all everything is, is simply the blanket (the Force). "There is no death, there is the Force" in this case, is saying "You do not end, you simply blend back into the fabric of the universe."
    • Visions (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: Okay, I can see where you're going with that, Whyte Horse. I think it's more a matter of how do you deal with the information you are getting from these visions. For some, they will recluse and ignore the outside chaos, because it simply is not where they need to be. For others it is joining the fight against such things they see as detrimental to society. I would be curious to know, what does one do when they have visions which help interpret what they are witnessing and the cycle it is flowing in... I dunno, foresight can be very advantageous. When I was in Bangkok during the revolution, they shut down the mass transit... but I had my scooter all ready to go and was able to get to work and the store. When they jammed traffic with a 10000 car procession, I was able to hop onto the sidewalks and go around or weave in and out. When they flipped over the buses and built tire barricades on the roads I was able to hop onto the canal/sewer boats and go around. I've already setup my home to be self-sufficient and am working on getting out of the US by 2016. I just don't think it will be possible to function in a collapsing society with people stealing your garden vegetables and the possibility of surviving an attack from an armed group are pretty slim. Either way, the gov't will take over eventually. When that happens, they'll scour the NSA database for everything anyone ever said and retroactively persecute anyone they want. So it would be best to just not be inside the country at all.
    • The Nazis (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: I can respect a healthy mistrust of the government - of any government. Governments should be held accountable to their people in all respects and at all times, and a people should never become complacent in their regard for the government they have elected to power. I can also agree that a massive portion of this, and other, countries have allowed just that. However, that said, let us look at things as neutrally as possible. It is my concerned opinion that in order to stand any chance of ascertaining the truth in matters such as this (where all the pieces involved are incredibly complicated and difficult to fathom without several degrees in geo-politics and governmental law), the interested observer should do his or her best to remove his or her own beliefs, fears, etc., as far as possible from the situation under observation. I point to this quote in the article posted above: "Snowden, addressing the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, said he did not believe the NSA was engaged in 'nightmare scenarios,' such as the active compilation of a list of homosexuals 'to round them up and send them into camps.' But he did say that the infrastructure allowing this to happen had been built. " Why is the infrastructure in place? That is a valid question, and locating valid proof of this infrastructure should be the next step in this line of inquiry, but I believe that jumping to any conclusion regarding something like this is in itself a dangerous road to follow. That road leads us into ambiguity, uncertainty, fear, paranoia, and a sharp disregard for the importance of fact. Indeed it seems to me to be in the opposite direction that a Jedi, or any concerned critical thinker, should be applying their energies. Follow the story if it concerns you, but follow it dispassionately; with resolve, but not with haste or dogmatic fervor. (Not that anyone was or is - I'm just preachin' here. ;) ) Well, there was a quote that said most classified information can be deduced by connecting the dots. I used to be one of those people that dismissed as a conspiracy theory anything that didn't have solid proof. It turns out that the majority of them were true. The Snowden leaks gave us proof of things that were thought to be science fiction. So I'm just going to connect the dots and deduce the classified info.
    • South Korean Ferry "Sewol" Sinks (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: The ferry, carrying mainly school students, was travelling from the port of Incheon, in the north-west, to the southern resort island of Jeju. Four people are now said to have died and dozens of others have been hurt. South Korean officials had earlier said that 368 people had been plucked to safety, but later said there had been a counting error. They have now revised down the number rescued to 174. Taken from the BBC Asia article. This just hurts my heart. Another report that I read, but don't have the link to, suggests that this may have been a captain's incompetency. The regular ferry captain was on leave of some sort and the captain of this ferry was a temp.
    • Jediism... Religion, Chioce or Philosophy.... (Last post by Salvazor)
    • I think that Jediism can be any or all of those things, I definitely see it as a philosophy or a social and ethical system to live your life by. It can function as a religion in that it can perform similar functions such as marriages and offering a world view. Although their is no deity in Jediism just the force, Buddhism and Taoism on a philosophical do not have a monotheistic god to worship, I would defiantly say that Jediism is a religion, for me a way of life.
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Edan)
    • Find here: www.orderofthegooddeath.com/ Their mission is: Quote: The Order of the Good Death is a group of funeral industry professionals, academics, and artists exploring ways to prepare a death phobic culture for their inevitable mortality. It was founded in January 2011 by Caitlin Doughty, a mortician and writer in Los Angeles, CA. The Order is about making death a part of your life. That means committing to staring down your death fears- whether it be your own death, the death of those you love, the pain of dying, the afterlife (or lack thereof), grief, corpses, bodily decomposition, or all of the above. Accepting that death itself is natural, but the death anxiety and terror of modern culture are not. I think it's a great idea, although I've only heard of it through Twitter, and their blog is an interesting read so I thought I'd share.
    • iPhone Calmness Apps (Last post by Edan)
    • I use Insight Timer. (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...ghtsix.zentimerlite2) Plays gongs at the beginning and end of a period of time so you can time your meditation. It has other things but that's all I use it for.
    • Kids react to gay marriage (Last post by Edan)
    • I could've sworn the news guy on the radio this morning said one in ten teenagers in the UK have bought a cassette tape. I don't even know where'd you get them now; cds yes, vinyl yes, but cassettes? (see here: www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22533522) It's weird how things go around.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: Sermon uploaded to Article Manager for your editing pleasure. Today, April 16 is the scheduled date of its publication. Thanks. Yes I saw it yesterday :) I was waiting for today to have it published, and it is so now.
    • Buddhist Geeks (Last post by J. K. Barger)
    • Nice, I'm glad you dig it Arcade! I have that book- so I will have to get on that podcast tonight! Thanks for the find- always amazing what turns up after a little digging :)

There are 141 visitors, 3 guests and 14 members online (none are in chat): Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Adhara, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, MCSH, Buvan, Llama Su, Ness, Zenchi, kevin c, Skydrrö, Jamie Stick, Xan Montagu, Tobyfex.

Follow Us