Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Should Jedi carry weapons? (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • I guess I never thought that my leatherman or my horse knife (kinda like a Swiss Army knife but has horse stuff on it like a hoof pick.) I agree an intelligent person is the best weapon, however it doesn't matter, nothing will stop a bullet if things get ugly.
    • Live Service, Monday, 1 December at 20:00 UTC (Last post by Edan)
    • Usually, I would arrange whatever I'm doing to be there, but unfortunately evening work meetings cannot be rearranged :( I look forward to reading the transcription later on though.
    • Userpics and nicknames (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: @steamboat28 - what you're saying sounds like works of Ursula Le Guine, where magic worked out of knowledge of "true names". It is. But Ursula didn't invent that concept, she just borrowed it. ;)
    • Fear Leads to Anger... (Last post by den385)
    • Fear leads to anger only if you act out of inertia or are not used to discipline emotions. The more practical guideline for me sounds like "It may be hard to tame fear, but if you don't - it will enslave you."
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps And Meditation. 15# day without coffee.
    • Survivors (Last post by Rocda)
    • I was listening to NPR this week and there was a discussion about survivors, people who survived avalanche or being lost at sea. There are some common traits of people who survive these disasters. 1. They are aware of dangers and tend to prepare. Things like bringing blankets, flashlight and food when traveling through a blizzard. 2. Their attitude is never, why did this happen to me or who is to blame. The attitude is, this is the situation. What do I need to do to survive the next half hour? After surviving the half hour, they congratulate themselves for surviving, then concentrate on surviving the next half hour. It's survivors attitude and outlook.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: I don't know if hate leads to suffering, but my suffering of an 8 pound charge by royal mail for their handling of an international package with 9.50 VAT imposed at the border (which I obviously also have to pay) is causing a great deal of anger. This being said the company I bought from offers vouchers to encourage trade with the EU, and they even covered the royal mail fee, which is pretty awesome. Living in a non-EU country in the mittle of Europe, I feel your pain. They charge 22.50 CHF + tax here for every package that has a value of more than 65CHF. If it's over 200 Fr value, they charge 35 + tax. I love it :-(
    • Conscription - Draft (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: There has been a lot of talk here about contracts and obligations and a 'freedom to choose'. What we tend to forget, particularly in long established 'free' societies, is that those freedoms came at a cost. Whether it was 14 years ago in New York City, 50 years ago in Vietnam, or 240 some odd years ago in Colonial America, there have always been Americans willing to put others before themselves and give their lives so that the rest of us could be free and remain free. The same can be said for every other 'free' nation in the world. Whether you agree with the current cause of your government or not, you should not forget that your government (and the freedoms and protections it provides you) did not come about on its own. People fought for it, died for it, built it, and have taken pride in it. To demand a personal right to ignore an obligation that comes with being a citizen, in my mind, is selfish and offensive to the people who have made that choice even possible. I understand that you wish to uphold the desires of your forebears, but if I'm honest that sounds a lot like an appeal to tradition. Wouldn't someone who fought in such wars argue "I didn't fight for America so that gay black and asian men could get married!" Should we respect their homophobic and racist positions too? The past is for informing ourselves of the present, the past is not there so that we'll be beholden to it in the present.
    • Jediism and non Jediism (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: I was wondering.. what is the difference between someone who study Jediism, and someone who does not? The second question: Are there differences like insight or point of view between someone who study Jediism, and someone who does not?? ~ Aqua Not much that I can tell. It only makes a difference on where you can post. ;)
    • Ikigai - "a reason for being" (Last post by den385)
    • @Adder - But how are gonna be good at both maths and football to the point that you're getting paid? )) @Aqua - I am afraid, finding Ikigai is a way of uncertainty and sometimes it can seem quite a labyrinth. I can discuss how I've found mine, if it would be of any help. 1) I was studying pure higher mathematics in one of Russia's best place for it. I wasn't very good and there were problems distracting. It didn't inspire me, it didn't light fire in my eyes, it didn't make my heart burn, there was no drive. Yet, it was useful. 2) Then I did quite courageous and same time stupid thing - I transferred to much less cool university (MIREA) with applied maths and programming. It was hard to study in that place, but I've started to get what Ikigai is, though I didn't know this word then. The fire came only in tiny pieces - when I planned my programming course projects and reached success in 'em, and when I was meeting interesting people and interesting tasks on programming conferences, which more like a hangout than a serious thing. 3) On last course of MIREA, I started to work as Junior programmer. It was hell of a lot frustrations. You don't know much, people seemed mean sometimes, they didn't want me to grow, just want to be productive. Normal jobs, yet I wasn't much of a fighter that time. I understood, that some life distractions and bad structure of MIREA and much more - my own indecisiveness costed me chances to do my own thing and have precious experience. 4) I changed several jobs in next 3 years. Was searching for "the right thing". Never understanding, that the only "right thing" I was searching was drive from challenges. This search and personal issues rewarded me with frustrations, uncertainty and instability in my career. 5) Finally, due to personal issues and my own lack of experience, I landed up on an awfullest job I ever had. Bad wage, bad tasks, bad people. Anti-drive in overabundance. And here I've understood that Ikigai is your own game above every professional activity there is. I understood that you can have your own rules of craft. But if your rules are not strict enough, they will get you fired. So your rules should be "what is expected of ordinary ok worker" + "what gives you drive: purpose, autonomy, mastery". Sometimes it's something extra on job. Sometimes - a side-project. 6) Now I've left this job with resources for a few months. I can finish my own project and find a decent job. Over all I can say that finding Ikigai is what Jobs meant by "follow your heart, don't stop" in his famous Stanford lecture. It's not easy, but if you can do it, your working life becomes meaningful and rewarding. And I believe that when you are good at what you love, and if you have will, that is the only right road to success. Finding Ikigai depends on self confidence. What self confidence is - it's subjective. But when you have your own world, your own vision, your own life, than working just to get paid starts to be a bad deal. And you are on a search for another attitude. I could say, you're searching for your own game wthin the Game of Life.
    • Transcendence (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: I would recommend the documentary "Transcendent Man" if you haven't seen it ad enjoyed the movie. Essentially Ray Kurzweil is Johnny Depps character sans the science fiction....at present. Also Extropianism/Extropism & Max More. Here is an interview/debate between Max and Ray, and discusses things like the singularity.

There are 371 visitors, 6 guests and 26 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Reacher, Rosalyn J, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Silvermane, SilverWolf, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, benedictveritas, Jamie Stick, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, GraySull, Aqua, Exarchias, RaB, almosteasy69, Anyanwu, dr.seiss, MrBruno, AJGBlack.

Follow Us