Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Rituals Needed Today (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • steamboat28 wrote : Quote: Yes, but understanding the underlying reasons for said ritual, it can be "translated," which I believe is the core of proper syncretism. Yes, I believe that too. But it is that "understanding the underlying reasons for said ritual" that gets left out of the "theme party" variety. See what I mean ? :)
    • US Supreme Court Rules in Favour of Gay Marriage (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Why? The supreme court does not write law. They completely circumvented the people of this country. The Supreme Court interprets Constitutional law. In this case, "the people of this country" were acting in unconstitutional ways. In case you have forgotten, the Constitution is the highest law in this nation, and any "law" that contradicts it is inherently illegal.
    • Light bubbles dont work (Last post by steamboat28)
    • To put your stance into its proper context, I will change every reference of "light bubble" into something that it approximates in the physical world. Quote: the value of the bubble self-defense class is that it helps settle oneself into ones energy body and it bolsters ones confidence as an exercise in visualization physical training it has benefits ; just like every other visualization physical training exercise - you could visualize train yourself in a mickey mouse suit and it would have exactly the same effect energetically physically and mentally i understand people have been using these forever and no one is going to stop simply because i say something - the fact that people do them doesnt change the fact that they are unecessary psychic energy physical strength is very much like light or sound or radio waves youre not going to build a wall of radio waves to keep out the other radio waves you disagree, fine yes, its what people are taught; excellent it makes you feel better; great, have fun never-the-less; a persons durability and energetic physical fortitude is a result of their birth, nutrition (which is much more than just food btw - people often forget that what we attach our emotions and our thoughts to is also an extremely important type of nutrition - its probably the FOUNDATION of personal nutrition really) behavior and lifestyle, overall physical health, mental development (which is not the same thing as I.Q.), personal discipline, emotional intelligence, and basically what rooster cogburn refers to as "grit" So while you may think them useless and unnecessary, the point is this sort of stance is potentially dangerous, especially to people new to energy work, psychic abilities, or any other non-physical chi-based mojo one happens to believe in.
    • Does "love" work? (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: Its amusing how selfish you were in this. Selfish? The questions were personal: Quote: what role does love play in your view of child molesters? have you ever had the "broken heart" experience? betrayal by those you loved? Even if the questions were not meant to be personal, who am I to say what others should believe about child molesters, broken hearts, and betrayal? I only know how they affect me, not how they affect others. But that's all beside the point. I see the Force as Love for these reasons... The universe includes all. No matter how evil a person is, he/she is still part of the universe. The universe is made of energy. That energy is the Force. The Force is all-inclusive. What is more inclusive than Love? Love is nothing more than the acknowledgement that all is One.
    • Is all altruism selfish? (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: * "I'm giving you money out of my own goodness." or, * "I'm giving away money to show gratitude" (or worse, "... show me your gratitude.") -- it is the same thing.. Maybe I meant "I'm giving away money out of gratitude". Something like that.
    • Selecting the right vitamins (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Quote: I want to start taking a multivitamin, but I am unsure how to find the one that's right for me that will give me the best health benefits. I am also unsure how to judge the quality of the different brands available especially since I know that the government does not regulate them. Any suggestions for what to look for would be awesome. (If it helps I'm a 29 year old woman. ) Hello, Keladry -- I'm just curious as to "why" you want to take something ... How do you feel ? Do you feel that you need something because you are fatigued ? is there something ailing you physically ? feeling a lack of concentration ? memory difficulties (beyond the ordinary frailty of human memory, that is) ? What leads you to believe that you need a multivitamin ? Now, I'm not some crunchy, hippie "all-natural" prat ... I get my share of conveniences from the chemist's too. But, you haven't told us how you feel, just that you want to take the stuff. And just wanting something can have some pretty flimsy reasons for it. ;)
    • Jedi Beleive (Last post by Senan)
    • I would say that you have some pretty good interpretations there. And that's the best part... these statements can be interpreted in a number of ways according to the individual. Some may take them quite literally while others may treat them as guiding principles that can be applied to varying degrees depending on the situation. The Force and how we experience it is different for each of us, and that is what allows a Jedi to discover what it is that will bring balance to his or her life. Continue to contemplate and always question... but don't take life too seriously either :)
    • The Dalai Lama speaks at Glastonbury (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: I wasn't referring to the religious or philosophical aspect... (or even the personal aspect) I understand why people will show interest in him just like they would with many other people. I was mostly concerned about the fact that this "leader in exile" is supposed to be leading a feudal theocracy, what we in europe call the middle ages. The PRC is better than a feudal theocracy (everything I can think of is). Therefore why is the dalai lama such a hero hipster-friendly figure? Ok, he's been chilling out in india converting the locals to tibetan Buddhism, cool (it's not like he has much of a choice). Why the rockstar treatment? He comments about someone with gray hair being active and how every day is important... Not exactly anything enlightening, yet he gets more cheers than a pink floyd reunion featuring jimi hendrix would. At glastonbury. Probably for the religious, philosophical and personal aspects :P
    • "It is a religion in and of itself" (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Quote: Basically, the phrase means that taking nothing else into account, it is a religion. Quote: in and of itself Intrinsically, considered alone. For example, In and of itself the plan might work, but I doubt that it will be approved. It is also put simply as in itself, as in This account may be true in itself. [First half of 1600s ] So I'm guessing the context it has been written in within the first paragraph of the doctrine is, that the religion would stand independently Star Wars? Yes I would say that makes sense in the context.
    • Logic Puzzles (Last post by Izoshua)
    • Quote: scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat...5712a2e6&oe=55EF422D This was a good one. Spoiler: 4+3=7 :)
    • Journals? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Is it appropriate for me to start a journal at this stage? The Initiate Program is available to all... Not even membership is required...:) I've heard our training has been copied by another site, but, it is attributed to us, lol... Some of it is not our material, we just put it in an order that made sense to us...:) Quote: In regards to taking the Oath is there an official format for doing it? Oath is not required unless training beyond the IP is desired....:)

There are 365 visitors, 18 guests and 44 members online (2  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Streen, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Kitsu Tails, Adder, Desolous, Gisteron, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Kamizu, mdk, Cyrith, Edan, Silvermane, Rick D, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, Venator Mortis, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Angwusi, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, Tk768, Krieger, Howl, Competent, Protonix, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Neorian, theta, Tellahane, flobnorg, Alsa-him, Blau, HJulius1017, Dascylus, Spenserhawk.

Follow Us