Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 10 x 3 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg triceps 20 x 3 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps 10 x 3 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg triceps 1.6 Km running.
    • How to get a group started? (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I totally understand both your perspectives on the subject and appreciate your openness on the matter. You raise some really good points that I hadn't even considered. Thanks for giving me some food for thought. :)
    • The Sixth Extinction (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I hope the following isn't too off topic, but as Locksley eluded to and Adder added, human population growth and environmental degradation do seem to be closely linked. The following is something I read the other day that adds evidence that to the idea that we are past the peak of human population growth (not the peak of actual population). Its economics'y' orientated and concerned with how changing demographics will affect economic growth (rather than environmental impacts) but the projections are still valid for what they are: www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-17/peak-population-growth Furthermore: www.project-syndicate.org/print/the-end-of-population-growth concludes: " . . . it is likely that world population will peak at nine billion in the 2050’s, a half-century sooner than generally anticipated, followed by a sharp decline. One could argue that this is a good thing, in view of the planet’s limited carrying capacity. But, when demographic dynamics turn, the world will have to confront a different set of problems." The population growth 'problem' as popularly described is pretty close to solving itself. If the long term population stabilises in the 8-10bn range the challenge is to work out how we can live peacefully with each other and without degrading 'our' environment. The good news in solving those issues is that it seems extremely unlikely that the Earth will have to sustain a human population in excess of 10bn.
    • The Dark (Last post by Rickie)
    • Please tell us more about yourself. :)
    • The Poem: The art of writing without words (Last post by Aqua)
    • Thank you for your reaction, It is quite helpfull indeed, and I will use the thread. I have seen multiple poems all over the forum, I think that it would be handy to assign a spesiffic place for them. I am already happy that you could help me with finding a suitable thread! Thank you!!
    • School of Life Short lessons (Last post by Vusuki)
    • We sometimes talk about mediation. While there is a risk and even danger in complicating (or ruining) matters by offering various different systems of 'meditation' here is a different system that I'm not sure I would even call meditation by the School of Life. It might however be useful to those more interested in hearing their own thoughts and perhaps to some extent accepting them... Enjoy!
    • Live Service : Monday, 25 May - 18:00 UTC (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: My apologies for missing it at the last moment. :( A small poem to let go, have no worries ;) ~Aqua ______________________ I am nobody! Who are you? Are you - Nobody - Too? Then there is a pair of us! Do not Tell! advertice - you know! How dreary - to be - Somebody! How public - like a Frog - To tell one his name - the livelong June - To an admiring Bog! - Emily Dickinson ______________________ [image]
    • Nature - Animals (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • oh thats just awesome! oatmeal is new to me and very cool mucho gracias amigo and mantis shrimps are like dc comics answer to sponge bob square pants
    • Higher Education (Last post by LuCrae Jiddu)
    • Morning Locksley, I attended one of the top public universities in the US, often calling itself a public ivy. I transferred in after attending two junior/community colleges and found the studying to be of a much higher quality, yet still not living up to the navel gazing standards claimed. Some of my classes did not seem worth the thousands of dollars I was spending for each credit. However, many of my classes expanded my horizons giving me new perspectives on life or new life skills I now apply at work. Ultimately, I think most of us would agree that college seems too expensive for the material gained, but with that said, would also agree that college has opened many doors previously closed off. Be mindful of your purpose for attending; some attend for careers, others for personal growth. The cost/benefit may come down to your choice of subject area, depending on your reason for attending. It sounds like you are in the same situation I was with little outside money to help, and the majority of payment coming from grants, scholarships, and financial aid (debt). That is ok, repayment is based on income and often gives 20-30 to repay. Don't squander your time, enjoy your studies, broaden your horizon, and for the love of God try to study abroad or get a good internship and you'll do great things. EDIT: As far as grad school, is the school you are thinking of attending accredited? This plus your GRE, GMAT, LSAT etc (depending on area of study and school applying to) are the most important factors in the grad school accepting your undergraduate studies. I wouldn't worry too much about the grad school 'respecting' your undergraduate school of choice. Here is some anecdotal evidence. My cousin, a beautiful mind to say the least, knew he wanted to get into theoretical physics in high school. So, his dad being a teacher connected him with one of the better schools in the area's physics department for a guidance discussion. While talking with the professor, my cousin was told, "don't worry about where you get your BS, just worry about how well you do." He took this to heart, stayed close to his family so he could focus on studying, got through Calc 5 (a foreign language I'm pretty sure) and graduate with top honors; this all from a smaller school in Bellingham WA that hardly anyone outside of the PNW has heard of. Upon graduation my cousin was offered a few job opportunities, but decided to forego them for the all expenses paid graduate program at OSU where he know studies and researches high level nano physics. He didn't go to MIT or Standford, but still ended up doing what he loves because he focused on the important aspects of his education, the quality, his grades.

There are 1406 visitors, 12 guests and 40 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Karn, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Adhara, Proteus, V-Tog, Archon, Kamizu, mdk, Edan, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Calanon, Goken, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Exarchias, Faol, Rocda, Tk768, MrBruno, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Krieger, MaGnA CrYsTaL, WayneTec, Protonix, BartMc, bushidomonk, CryojenX, Blind, Stroke, Ana Karen Po, ddub778, TheGreyRabbit, Banoffee_Pi, M4RC0.

Follow Us