hot meditation

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm (because...you know...it snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my clothing...so I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

MTFBWY

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • A Problem. (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: Alethea brought up the example of the ISIL leader, but I can bet you that probably a large number of Muslims do not consider that man a Muslim, but you know what, I doubt that makes any differences to him at all, he will still continue calling himself a Muslim regardless. Similarly anyone in the world can just call themselves a Jedi, it is even possible that a new religious movement will develop alongside ours, one far larger, and then they will call themselves "Jedi" and we'll be the "outcasts", but is that going to get me to stop using the name? No. TotJO - or anyone - simply does not have the power, nor the right, to say universally what is and what is not a Jedi. Where do we have that power and that right? Within and only within the confines of our own organisation. The membership of people has been retracted in the past... Someone has anonymously expressed concern about this post so I am going to clarify what I have said against their worries to reassure them that they way it was interpreted was not how I had intended it to be interpreted. Hopefully this post will clear up any misunderstandings that have been accidentally created. What I have said should not be taken as any sort of "threat", I'm not saying that we don't have the right to express what a Jedi is outside of our homes, and doing so will certainly not result in one having their membership revoked, I was also not trying to "bully" anyone into agreeing with my position. "Within and only within the confines of our own organisation" means that if you are a Jedi here at TotJO, you can't dictate to Jedi at Force Academy, or IJRS, or Chicago Jedi etc how to be "Jedi-like". I am a Councillor of TotJO, I have no authority to make decisions in any Jedi church other than TotJO. This works both ways, Council members of other Jedi communities are similarly not allowed to come here and start telling us what to do. This applies both ways whether you're a Councillor or a Temple member. Everyone is welcome to express what they think a Jedi is, that is the only way we can have a good debate, but what I'm trying to say is that even though we can express it that doesn't mean we should expect everyone to agree on it and abide by that decision. I can express what I think a Jedi is or should or ought to be, but that doesn't mean that every Jedi is all of a sudden going to conform to my expectations - I don't have the power nor the right to every try and do such a thing. "The membership of people has been retracted in the past..." means that we do not accept everything regardless, some people have been told to leave based on their behaviour etc. The thread began with: "That doesn't seem very Jedi...", all I'm saying by my comment is that while we may not have the power to decide upon standards outside of our community, we do have the power to decide some standards within it. Memberships being revoked are extremely rare, because we are a very open and accepting and forgiving community, but at the same time we don't allow people to behave in every way they might want. I hope that makes my original post clearer :)
    • Taoism (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Facade Many people would rather read and talk about spiritual growth than actually experience it. The sage understands this desire, and also its futility for change will come whether invited or not. - Lao Fzu pg4 www.taowoods.org/quote/index.htm?focus=4 :)
    • The Church of Stop Shopping (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • [video] I think this is genius and actually in line with what I had been taught as a liberal Christian (although Rev. Billy isn't actually a reverend). Thoughts?
    • The Death Penalty As Applied (Last post by steamboat28)
    • That seems more tactful than my typical reply of "Well, that depends on when I can find someone with just enough poor eyesight or cognitive damage to find me attractive..."
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by steamboat28)
    • I used this analogy elsewhere recently, but I believe that doctrine is similar to a walking down a path with a group of people. You may not know them. You may not care a whit about them. But you can walk the same cobble path, maybe catch up to them and discuss the weather or the day. Ultimately, though, walking with this group doesn't have to change your destination. When your turn comes by, you'll still part where you need to (unless they invite you to the bar.) I feel that adherence to doctrine is the same. People will walk with us because they agree for the most part, but they'll still part ways (and opinions) where they will. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion--even if we think it's wrong, or dumb, or ill-informed--because without that ability, the ability to disagree with doctrine, the doctrine can never change. Without that ability we aren't a religion, or a philosophy, we're a cult. And we are not a cult.
    • Positive Money (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Yesterday there was a debate in the House of Commons on the topic of 'Money creation and society'. It wasn't particularly well attended but it's a small step, in what I believe to be, in the right direction. I'm not sure what's the next step- but i hope there will be a spread of the knowledge and hope this will come into debate again. Here's a link for the video, in case you were interested, :) www.positivemoney.org/2014/11/live-parli...ey-creation-society/
    • Friendly weight loss challenge (Last post by Arkayik)
    • Oh, I've got a joke too.... A Jedi, Templar and Teutonic Knight walk into a Sith Bar... What?.... Not in the humour section you say?.... Oh dear, sorry. Yes, Well, he started it.... Well, by suggesting the world needs another thread about some arbitrarily useless non-measure of fitness.... Yes, well ok, but I thought it was funny what the Sith said.... Yes, yes, I'll go to the humour section....
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 15 x 3 push ups 15 x 3 air squats 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps And Meditation. 8# day without coffee.
    • Training to see the Positive (Last post by Arcade)
    • Interesting! Thanks for sharing this, Connor. I go immediately for the happy faces. :) It's rare that I'm not smiling, though I never thought about how that might affect my perceptions. The act of smiling seems to not only attract that same energy, but apparently also helps direct one toward others who extend positive vibes.
    • The Problem will Pass (Last post by Adder)
    • Our bodies are just really complex worm's anyway, everything is built up around a central channel which opens in the mouth and exits down below.... so to 'pass' implies a window or frame of reference of some sort, and for the aspirational 'ego' mind I guess that is the present moment plus zones extending out into the experienced past and expected future. Perhaps for the engaged 'id' mind the window might look different, but I still think it exists in some form - the challenge might be the transfer of information, and nature of alignment, between them!
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by Brenna)
    • Sorry Rickie, I didnt think about the forum thing when I posted that topic, would you like it moved? Im happy to open it up....
    • Edan (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • I can't post on the other thread.... ;) ....I wish you well. You're a good person. :)

There are 262 visitors, 5 guests and 36 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Connor L., Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Desolous, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Rickie The Grey, Kamizu, Edan, Senan, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, Frost, asi212, Cabur Senaar, Targeran Arynal, GalUnDrux, Yodi, Exarchias, Rocda, Ryno, Arkayik, Solipsis, Anyanwu, wmumw1.

Follow Us