hot meditation

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm (because...you know...it snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my clothing...so I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

MTFBWY

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Desolous)
    • Mostly shoulders, with pull ups , some push ups, and 1 mile/ 20 min on arc trainer. 15 min in the sauna, cuz it will be summer soon here and hotter than a thousand Canadian hells.
    • speed of light (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • no matter what you got my brain buzzing so yes it was helpful certainly i wonder if traveling backwards in time would cause mass to transform into light if mass gains mass as it picks up speed the only thing i can think of as the opposite of speed is reverse time i may not be much of a scientist but im a pretty good story teller lol it bothers me that speed of light is not possible what if i build a machine which turns a cylinder to produce energy the cylinder is originally turned through nomal magnet power but its got electro magnets attached also the produced energy is stored into a capaciter or a battery or something - every time a certain amount of energy is stored; let.me call it just call it 10 whenever 10 is stored 1 gets fed back into the spin of the cylinder by being directed to the electro magnets the idea being that the more power used to turn the cylinder the faster it goes - every time it reaches the next 10 it puts another 1 back into the system making the cylinder spin just a little faster unless it explodes its an infinitie progression - doesnt it HAVE to reach the speed of light eventually?
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: i don't know why, but women that can fight are really attractive to me.... YES. YES. YES. YES. VERY YES. MUCH AGREE.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by steamboat28)
    • I think I just inadvertantly shoo'd someone away from the community. But, honestly, if you know you hate this community, why would you look for old friends in places where this community meets? I mean, if I have a hate-on against drinking, I'm not going to scour the bars to see if my friends are inside. I'd find a way that wouldn't frustrate me to do so. Seriously, who the hell does this? And why am *I* the bad guy for pointing it out?
    • Jediism? (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Thanks for the reminder, needed to update things... Spoiler: Go Cards!
    • Jediism, relationship of perfection and harmony in... (Last post by Jeffery Williams)
    • I agree with Alan. I view perfection as an illusion, like the grass is always green on the other side. Lets say you were able to obtain in what your mind is perfection, does this not now become the norm? If it is the norm, then most likely you have a new higher standard of perfection. Seeking perfection in theroy would mean you would never be satisfied, always seeking more. This is a product of our society. Get a loan for a car, pay it off, get a new loan for a new car. Go to school, go to college, get a job, retire.... The carrot is always just out of reach.
    • A humble apology ... (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Ordinarily, I would deliver a Live Service today ... As it were, this the period where I'm busy with obnoxious hours that I tell you about in the AFK thread. I'll give you a Live Service soon ; I just couldn't get to it for this evening. Moreover, I would have to deliver it at a time which would be ridiculously early for everyone in the Western Hemisphere. So, let's wait a few days ... In the meantime, a friend sent me this story which I find quite applicable : www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/217...ir-according-to-hope I hope you enjoy it as much as I do ... ;)
    • Wearable Body weights (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • You can also achieve these same resistance with Resistance bands, Look on youtube for TRX training which uses your own body weight. Swimming as Ruggard stated (Using foam "Weights" and practicing martial art forms IE: punching in/through the water) I did the water aerobics when I injured my shoulder with a yearling horse (popped shoulder out) The "Weights" aren't heavy so they do not cause a downward/unnatural pull, they simply cause resistance as you move much more naturally through the water. To run faster, run through sandy beaches or uphill (Be observant of your ankles and knees always no matter what kind of running you do) . Weighted vests are......good, more because it teaches you how to run with a burden. As a Jedi this is important, if you have a partner use him or her as your weights, Fireman Carry, Over shoulder, sittuations and senarios that you are more likely to come into contact with. Weighted Vests are great bug out bag training Try and do everything Naturally :) No need to grow old too soon ;) hehe Again....just my 2 cents
    • some personal thoughts on Jediism (Last post by Rob78)
    • The force is within us, surrounding us, unmovable like a mountain, and yet as flowing as a stream, enduring like the ancient tree whose roots grow deep, and whose branches forever reach. The force is the raging storm, and the rolling, surging sea, the beauty of a sunrise that kisses our skin, and gifts us with light to see. The force is our guide upon which path to tread, our conscience, our knowledge, our source of strength. In fear may We find courage, in anguish may We Find peace, in the silence may We the find answers and the truths we seek. The force is the beginning and end of all things, a reminder of what our world could, or should be. Peace and friendship not prejudice or war. Compassion and understanding, not ignorance, cruelty or indifference. We are the Jedi children of the force, in our every breath, every heartbeat, in waking moment and sleeping thought. With each success and every failure, with each life that blesses us, and each death that affects us. May our actions be just, and our inaction justified, may the force guide us all to do what is right. May we serve with dignity as we walk the path together, a journey bound by love and unity, our greatest treasure.
    • Beyond Carnism and towards Rational, Authentic Foo... (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: Perhaps I would be more honest(with myself) in saying I believe(not know) they feel it on a level we can not(so far been unable) quantify. If we pretend for a moment that it will take more than simple science to explain everything in the universe, almost every animist culture agrees that (on a spiritual level) plants do feel pain when hurt, and fear when threatened, without the proper respect or rites. To be fair animism almost makes scientific sense: science is never right, but "righter" every day. Animism is basic theorization of observed phenomenon: Observation: Take too much fish from the river and the river won't give you any again Theory: The river is angry with you, the river is therefore some sort of being of greater complexity than you Speaking of which, animism, from latin "animus" which is also the root of "animal", meant life, not just life made out of meat. If that's not a sign of sentiocentrism in biology, I don't know what is :P
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: I'm just going to sneak in at the end here and place this link: instinctmagazine.com/post/uk-students-un...n-acting-black-women I make no comments... OHNO THEY DITANT! :snap: :headtilt:

There are 247 visitors, 5 guests and 28 members online (2  in chat): steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, baru, Jedi_Roz, ren, Dechlain, Brian, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, PatrickB, Llama Su, demal, Kamizu, Wudan, a67, Mathew Erickson, Calanon, Tarran, OB1Shinobi, rvm, Atticus509, TheDude, Giz0404, The Penguin, Oakenshaw.

Follow Us