hot meditation

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm (because...you know...it snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my clothing...so I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

MTFBWY

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Still Around (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Quote: Quote: . I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. See my post above. Quote: Quote: For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. By secret place I mean that place which is within. If you don't understand sorry. Those who do know what I am talking about.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Khaos)
    • Quote: Let go of your: logic, reason and evidence and soar in the sky once in a while. You'll get a different view of things from up there. People "fly" just fine with logic reason and evidence. There is no lack of wonder, and awe, for those who choose such a path. People with there "head in the couds" ( as opposed to feet on the ground I guess) have a different view, but just as a guy who has a view from the edge of a cliff from a person jumping off, well, it might help to have a healthy, logical, reasonable, understanding of gravity and that different isnt necessarily the point. Because you actually wont fly. I could easily reverse it, and tell you to let go of your nonsense, and get a different view, but that is not the point. I dont want to change views, nor change your view. I am seeking clarification on your view, and understanding,so is Gisteron. ' Ideas should compete, be tested, some weeded out if they dont hold up,etc. Then, they should change accordingly. I am less interested in to having my own singular, individual, different view, then I am about having the view that has been tested, peer reviewed, and applicable on a scale wider than my own little world. For which, in all you have presented, thats all it is. Things you choose to believe for no good reason other than it "makes you feel warm and fuzzy." If I do not proceed from reason, logic, and evidence, then I am simply taking your word for it, and that is preffered ignorance, which isnt flying. Kind of like planes. If people did not proceed from logic, reason, and evidence, we wouldnt have flown at all. To post your OP is fine, but most people, when offered anything are going to attempt to look deeper, and I cant see how thats not a good thing. Ideas should be discussed, tested, dissected, etc,because that is how we, as a species, have always surpassed our limits and "flown".
    • What are your opinions about euthanasia? (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: If you have the correct conviction to end your own life you don't need to be so cruel as to ask someone else to do it unless extreme circumstances prevent you from acting on your own. Most everywhere in the US it is illegal to attempt to commit suicide and doctor or nurse who knowingly allows a patient to kill themself is considered complicit. So if you happen to fail to actually kill yourself, you can be in serious legal trouble (to say nothing of the psychiatric crap they'll put you through). I'm in favor of legalizing compassionate release. Life can be difficult when you're a relatively healthy, but if you've got some kind of progressively worsening condition, I can't imagine life is something you really want to cling to.
    • Words Mean Things. (Last post by ren)
    • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_spelling_reform#History I think I'll forgive Jestor this one time :P
    • invitation to totjo (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Actually, I can probably be there. I'll be back in the states next week, and I'll have the "right" time zone. I can't make any guarantees right now. But, if nobody cares, I can give a fair representation of what it's like to study the IP, work through part of an Apprenticeship, and go through the Clerical Training, even holding a minor staff position.
    • Live Service - Saturday 26th July at 2000 UTC (Last post by MCSH)
    • I'll be conducting a live service on Saturday 26th July at 2000 UTC. The sermon part of this live service would be available as a normal sermon for everyone to read. To find out what this time would be on your timezone click here.
    • Cognitive Dissonance - Your Thoughts (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Well it seems to me knowing yourself: likes, dislikes, desires and expectations would be helpfull? Then knowing your limits while working to expand them would keep dissonance to a minimum? I think it's all about: living, learning and becoming a better person. Don't get hung up on your flaws and keep on keeping on.
    • Another XKCD- Answers (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Not sure where to put this- so thought I'd just add it here. Just a bit of a fun poke at star wars www.xkcd.com/1397/ Don't turn it on.
    • Unacceptable Casualties of War (Last post by Deepseablue)
    • Quote: Czech Airlines were not flying from Seoul to Prague above Ukraine. Only above Russia. We have arrived safely in Prague. Good for you! I wouldn't have wanted to be anyone anywhere near Ukraine in the days after the "crash."

There are 486 visitors, 3 guests and 37 members online (one is in chat): Octagon, steamboat28, Jestor, MikeBudo, SenseiMitPen, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Learn_To_Know, Trose , Desolous, Luthien, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, Arcade, Exalier, Buvan, Llama Su, wesleycook74, Edan, tzb, Senan, peace, jasonwilkins, benedictveritas, Jamie Stick, Mathew Erickson, Calanon, SMullinax, KalSterner, Zarael, RassLdk, Carrotunlimited, Zel.

Follow Us