Topic started 28 Jul 2016 22:01 by Adder
  • Page:
14 Replies 104 Views
emo
Category: Miscellaneous
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 16:01 by Goken
20 Replies 179 Views
emo
Topic started 23 Jul 2016 19:34 by Connor L.
63 Replies 905 Views
emo
Topic started 26 Jul 2016 23:35 by Cabur Senaar
28 Replies 201 Views
emo
Category: Apprenticeships
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 07:11 by Adder
33 Replies 268 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jul 2016 22:13 by Bradyn2468
3 Replies 46 Views
emo
Category: Jediism
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 10:01 by Loudzoo
7 Replies 113 Views
emo
Category: Open Discussions
Topic started 26 Jul 2016 18:48 by Cayce
4 Replies 75 Views
emo
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 12:25 by Edan
  • Page:
15 Replies 151 Views
emo
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 17:34 by Connor L.
7 Replies 84 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jul 2016 02:47 by Ryder
30 Replies 438 Views
emo
Category: Jedi Art
Topic started 28 Jul 2016 17:13 by Cayce
0 Replies 26 Views

emo
Topic started 27 Nov 2013 15:19 by Proteus
840 Replies 17.1k Views

emo
Category: Humour
Topic started 20 Jan 2016 08:16 by MartaLina
30 Replies 733 Views
emo
Category: Clergy
Topic started 12 Dec 2015 15:54 by Edan
34 Replies 1100 Views
emo
Topic started 01 Jan 2016 20:39 by Edan
423 Replies 5494 Views
emo
Topic started 26 Jul 2016 17:15 by den385
6 Replies 155 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jul 2016 09:22 by Silas Mercury
  • Page:
13 Replies 129 Views

emo
Topic started 22 Oct 2012 21:45 by Proteus
2886 Replies 112k Views

emo
Topic started 28 Jan 2014 00:39 by steamboat28
784 Replies 19.8k Views
emo
Topic started 26 Jul 2016 16:38 by Death, yet the Force
21 Replies 223 Views
emo
Topic started 27 Jul 2016 03:56 by Rosalyn J
  • Page:
19 Replies 190 Views

emo
Topic started 28 Oct 2015 16:06 by Reliah
88 Replies 2582 Views
150 Topics
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Bareus)
    • There is a time and a place for a debate. And sometimes, silence is the best answer ;) (Not directed towards anyone)
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Sheep balance: Close my only eyes, jump between the mountains see the peak, covered in snow with the green hills below the cold hills filled with herds of mountain sheep adapted to cliffs, and her peaks all sheep just standing over there fluffy like wool, eating and standing on the edge, without loosing balance enjoying mountain red sunset Aqua, 29-07-2016
    • How long does an application typically take to be ... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: I submitted my application about a week ago and still haven't been accepted. does this mean I have been rejected? Also do I take the oath once I've been accepted or now? ,,There is a ONE [1] WEEK, (SEVEN [7] day) waiting period from joining the TOTJO website, until being eligible for membership'' ~ Aqua source: www.templeofthejediorder.org/jediapplication
    • Evolution of Things, and division (Last post by tzb)
    • Quote: Everything eventually will evolve into something more complicated period. It's just a matter of fact Are you sure about that? Everything evolves, yes. The Force teaches us that the only constant is change. But it definitely doesn't follow that all evolution is into greater complexity. Simplicity is a valuable concept for Jedi. Subdivision, ever-longer lists of maxims and tenets, splintering into many groups... hmm. For me, Jedi are about bringing people together, bringing ideas together, bringing differing approaches together to find unifying, harmonious themes. The Force contains all things, but remains one. Why wouldn't that be our model?
    • The loss of the secular state of Turkey (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Hussein, however, I am in the middle of an investigation with a few friends of mine, and we are trying to see if Saddam Hussein was innocent. Innocent in what respect? He might not have had weapons of mass destruction (although he undoubtedly used to possess them - he used poison gas repeatedly during the war against Iran but also against minorities in his own country) and he might not have worked with Al Qeada - so technically he might have been innocent of the what the US and its allies accused him of at that time. But he was a dictator who killed around 180'000 of his own people in prisons, by gassing their villages and by supporting fractions that went after them. Innocence, as everything, is somewhat relative, I suppose. But anyway, that's not the topic here!
    • Jedi Knights Meaning (Last post by Proteus)
    • 3 questions I was asked, and three answers I had given. Q. 1. What is the purpose of Knighthood? 2. Why did you want to become a Knight? 3. What is the role that Knights take in the training of new members? A. 1a. What comes to mind when thinking about somebody becoming a parent for the first time? 1b. Replace the idea of the "first child" with humanity in general. 2. see #1a. 3. see #1b.
    • What's your Poketeam? (Last post by Mindas Arran)
    • Quote: I was truly curious what anyone thought about this aspect of the game - the one that brings revulsion at the thought. This thread did put forth an opinion that the team you choose could somehow be related to some aspect of your personality. So what if you choose no team... in fact are repulsed at the thought of choosing a team? I'm pretty sure that you can still play without a team, you just couldn't do any gym battles. Personally, I love the competition, so I'm glad there's teams.
    • Knights of Awakening: Jedi Safe Spaces (Charles Mc... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i want to address most of your major points but im not going to be able to respond to all of this at once Quote: OB1, I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but since we've established an amicable exchange of ideas I will respond once and you're welcome to respond as many times as you'd like but this will be my last response to this particular thread. im gonna start here and hopefully i can finish tomorrow Quote: There are three ideas I see presented in your argument that I wish to address: 1. I am a self-loathing white person. 2. My ideals are reverse-racist 3. That personal suffering means there is no ethno-cultural suffering or is equivalent to ethno-cultural suffering. In response to the idea that I'm a self-loathing white person. I used to be. White guilt is a real thing, but it's also not inherently bad. White guilt can help white people take the proper attitude towards understanding the struggles of people of color, but it is essential to move beyond it. That doesn't mean ignore the feeling of guilt, but to work through it. It also doesn't mean you (random white person) will never feel guilty again, but it does mean you'll get to a point where guilt transforms into patience, understanding, empathy, and a refusal to be willingly complicit in white supremacy. Left unchecked, white guilt can become unproductive because it can become egocentric and therefore completely lose any utility. I was one of those people who let it become an unproductive thing and it took a long time to get out of that unproductive phase into one of understanding. Part of that process is removing yourself from the equation. That is to say that you cannot make criticisms of white privilege and supremacy about you and your feelings. You have to learn to recognize that these criticisms are not about you personally, but at the same time you need to analyze your own assumptions and behaviors and change accordingly in response to those criticisms. Some might call it depersonalization, however I shy away from that term because there is an aspect of these criticisms that is personal (via membership in the group being criticized). This is just the basics of it, but that's the gist of the idea. i know this seems completely insensitive to many people but i feel no more personally responsible for slavery or institutional racism than i do for the dark ages or the sinking of the titanic war is not my fault, genocide is not my fault, rape, murder, the holocaust, the mass killings of the communist regimes or the 20,000 yearly human sacrifices of the Aztecs, the untouchable caste in India, female genital mutilation, the genocide in darfur all these things happened and happen because human beings (of every race) are capable of great selfishness, foolishness, and cruelty technology and economics and well basically the development of western culture have resulted in whites having a great deal of relative influence in the modern world compared to other skin tones but thats more like the luck of the draw" it certainly is not a result of any particularly special trait inherent in white skin, and i take no more credit for all of the awesome things that white people (other than me) have done than i do assume blame for the terrible things they have done my personal responsibility is to look at my society as honestly as i am able, and to use my influence as well as i am able in order to nudge culture in the direction that i think it should go i do benefit from the system, yes, but as i have said before, this is what the system is FOR, for me to benefit, and also you; all of us the problem is not that i benefit from an unfair system, but that the system is still unfair but i didnt make it unfair, and i use my voice as best as i know how in order to make it more fair, and that is all i am ever going to feel i am responsible or guilty for: what i do or fail to do with the influence that i have i would add that i certainly do feel angry (and sad) at the injustices in the world, and when i look specifically at the injustices associated with racism in america i get angry at "whites" too but i know better than to stereotype anonymous people by their race, period: what makes racism wrong is that individuals are made to suffer negative consequences as a result of factors that have nothingto do with thier personal choices beliefs or behaviors  all fair judgement(if there is such a thing) has to be relevant to the individual s behavior, and even then it needs to be understood from the context of his or her personal experience stereotyping of all kinds is in inherently unfair and will produce more injustice all of our citizens need to have access to benefits protections and opportunities of our society and that is the message to focus on, imo
    • Meditation (Last post by Bareus)
    • How do i meditate? I use my comfortable little meditation pillow, sit down and cross my legs (sometimes lotus, sometimes half lotus or just legs crossed) and place my hands in the "cosmic mudra" position before closing my eyes. After that, when the meditation itself begins, i start breathing. Not deep, or in any way else then what's natural to me at first (deeper and/or slower breathing usually comes around later), i focus on my inhales and exhales, and count every breath until i reach ten, when i do i start all over again at one. Should my mind wander away (which it always does :P ) i usually notice it after a while and do my best to focus at my breathing once again.

There are 233 visitors, 5 guests and 30 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Guardianofwinds, ren, Trisskar, Wescli Wardest, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, rrhodes67, Kit, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, Cabur Senaar, Aqua, r3dleader, Tellahane, Bareus, MadHatter, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Ryder, x57z12, LukaManuka, DEEZYGAINS, Blitz7737, Dangernoiz.

Follow Us