Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
21 Aug 2019 22:11 - 21 Aug 2019 22:11 #341640 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote: [
And I want you banned for using abuse tactics in a temple.

All right, that's it. I'm doing it...

WE'RE SITH, Arinme! We're everything you're incapable of being! Everything you FEAR being! Furthermore, me and my friend aren't using"abuse tactics", we're asking you honest questions.

You want my friend banned? What about me? Neither of us did anything deserving of a ban. Pe rhaps learn to tolerate people and their opinions, even when they stand in opposition to all you think you stand for? I know that's difficult... yet perhaps you can manage, eh?

No, I want you arrested. This is provable abuse. But fortunately for you, I will probably not press charges against you despite being able to prove it.

I'M AN INDEPENDENT/GREY, PHEONIX! YOU'RE PROJECTING! -.-

Arrested? For posting on an internet forum? Can you show me the law? Furthermore... I sincerely think if you believe this tripe you are spewing, you should seek immediate psychological examination by a licensed professional.

... Meh ...
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 22:11 by Phoenix Vidensia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arinme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2019 22:25 - 21 Aug 2019 22:32 #341643 by Arinme
No, this is a crime--and I'm obligated to keep blowing the whistle..

definitions.uslegal.com/g/gaslighting/
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 22:32 by Arinme.

More
21 Aug 2019 23:01 #341646 by Kobos
So, as has been asked by others I am also gonna throw in the everybody just chill. Look there is actually a good discussion to have here where I personally feel like I could learn a lot.

I would love to have this discussion as if we were sitting in a room together so we can all learn from each other by freely expressing our opinions and experiences.

Just show some respect for each other as humans, fudge the whole JEDI, SITH, GREY identities for a bit sip some tea and have a conversation................

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, Arinme

More
21 Aug 2019 23:20 - 21 Aug 2019 23:42 #341648 by Arinme

Kobos wrote: So, as has been asked by others I am also gonna throw in the everybody just chill. Look there is actually a good discussion to have here where I personally feel like I could learn a lot.

I would love to have this discussion as if we were sitting in a room together so we can all learn from each other by freely expressing our opinions and experiences.

Just show some respect for each other as humans, fudge the whole JEDI, SITH, GREY identities for a bit sip some tea and have a conversation................

Kobos

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: While I'm not professing that every girl with hot pink hair and tattoos is mentally ill, I am leaning strongly to believe they have an identity issue, just like the bearded guy wearing a dress and fake knockers, claiming to be a woman, does. I strongly believe he's disassociating into a female alter of types, escaping the unresolved internal crisis of his core male self.

Most likely, those people do not share your values, and as you are unable to read their mind, it is impossible to know the reasons they do things--this is complimentary projection.

It would be nice if that was the end of the discussion. The APA has strict rules against diagnosing people at a distance for this very reason. Sometimes it's just impossible to tell if it's your own superego disowning those parts of yourself.

And thus, why I'm so badly offended by this conversation. It only took me 6+ hours to figure out how to express it, so much of this could have been avoided if I hadn't been baited into an argument with Pheonix.

Please, feel free to continue, but 'here be dragons' lol.

May the Force Be With You,

- Arinme
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 23:42 by Arinme. Reason: grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

More
21 Aug 2019 23:41 #341652 by Kobos

Arinme wrote:

While I'm not professing that every girl with hot pink hair and tattoos is mentally ill, I am leaning strongly to believe they have an identity issue, just like the bearded guy wearing a dress and fake knockers, claiming to be a woman, does. I strongly believe he's disassociating into a female alter of types, escaping the unresolved internal crisis of his core male self.

Most likely, those people do not share your values, and as you are unable to read their mind, it is impossible to know the reasons they do things--this is complimentary projection.

And that should be the end of the discussion. >_<

Arinme, in your experience as a trans-person have you ever run into someone that might be in that situation though? I do not like the way Phoenix worded it but is that something that is happening in some cases? Does this hurt the trans community? How do we adress this if it is happening?

I hate to bring this person up because, I believe this person does great harm to the true trans community by way of being a public figure. But, a person like Jessica Yaniv who from the perspective of a straight male seems a little off the deep end especially when I consider my trans friends. I see an absolute opposite in mind set between my friends who are trans (or my limited experience and personal understanding of trans people), one an individual with a complete transition and an individual who is in the process of deciding whether to transition or to live in the state they are now, for the record they both dislike the narrative and who Jessica Yaniv is.

So I cannot read peoples mind which is why I like to ask questions. I ask that no one take offense I am simply asking questions from the only perspective and exposure to people in real life and in media. If this was offensive please let me know how and why and I can try to reword the question so I can reach a better understanding with out asking things that tear people down.

Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
22 Aug 2019 00:36 - 22 Aug 2019 01:04 #341654 by Adder
Role playing Sith maybe... but it goes to the issues of how people use definitions fairly or not. Mental health is at its core about making sure people are able to be functioning participants of society (in regards to mental functioning). Sanity, ability, friendly and empathy are nice slogans to frame a reference space, ie SAFE. But it's not about what it appears but rather about how the person feels, eg feel sane, feel able, feel friendly and feel empathy, IMO, for the rigors of life test us all, all the time. So with the labels of gender in particular, it different from most all others by virtue of its pervasiness in the species, poles exist in all societies, in equal proportions with almost a universal set of characteristics.... the reality of that is it holds a place of top tier importance in personal identity and group interactions - a point that is hard to do justice it's so pervasive in identity, expression etc, Both of which underpin the fabric of mental health. Superficial identity it need not be, indeed it may be and could be fairly argued to be the main basis for identity, and that which other types derive. What we wear for example both must fit our body, but is commonly used to express aspects of personality... those interaction types are fundamental mechanisms in behavior.

So false euivilancy can be metered out to all sorts of mismatched comparisons to try and devalue the likely importance gender has as a serious area for mental health. But why? Non binary people have existed in human history for as long as history exists, so one might need to consider their motives underpinning their opinions (to guard against being a slave to reinforcing their own stagnation).... is it saving federal monies from an already over stretched healthcare system, resisting societal change for their own mental stability, agitating vulnerable people for fun over the Internet, exploring gender politics, ensuring vulnerable people are cared for and built up, etc etc for intent really tends to shape performance.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 01:04 by Adder.

More
22 Aug 2019 00:41 #341655 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Adder wrote: Role playing Sith maybe... but it goes to the issues of how people use definitions fairly or not. Mental

Wow, and the irony just keeps coming!!! Nice job on this one... "jedi". [Wink]

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
22 Aug 2019 00:57 - 22 Aug 2019 00:59 #341656 by Adder

VixensVengeance wrote:

Adder wrote: Role playing Sith maybe... but it goes to the issues of how people use definitions fairly or not. Mental

Wow, and the irony just keeps coming!!! Nice job on this one... "jedi". [Wink]

Your just helping make my point, yes that is why I said it. You two dont seem to meet my definitions of Sith and I probably dont meet yours of Jedi (especially if playing in the sandbox of mixed messages is being Sith) ... no big deal of course, short of that you might give it, and I doubt you took offense since you seem keen to do worse frequently here.
So then labels have meaning to orientate our own understanding, but also have meaning to others. Mismatching those is inefficient use of resources by most useful measure IMO. So for vulnerable out there, a good trick is to spot it early and avoid the trolling, for that is all it is. Which was an important part of my point :)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 00:59 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
22 Aug 2019 01:28 #341658 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote: No, this is a crime--and I'm obligated to keep blowing the whistle..

definitions.uslegal.com/g/gaslighting/

Funny... doesn't say here anything about it being illegal to do on an internet forum, though that isn't the case here.

... Meh ...

More
22 Aug 2019 01:29 #341659 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

Kobos wrote: So, as has been asked by others I am also gonna throw in the everybody just chill. Look there is actually a good discussion to have here where I personally feel like I could learn a lot.

Kobos

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: While I'm not professing that every girl with hot pink hair and tattoos is mentally ill, I am leaning strongly to believe they have an identity issue, just like the bearded guy wearing a dress and fake knockers, claiming to be a woman, does. I strongly believe he's disassociating into a female alter of types, escaping the unresolved internal crisis of his core male self.

It would be nice if that was the end of the discussion. The APA has strict rules against diagnosing people at a distance for this very reason. Sometimes it's just impossible to tell if it's your own superego disowning those parts of yourself.

And thus, why I'm so badly offended by this conversation. It only took me 6+ hours to figure out how to express it, so much of this could have been avoided if I hadn't been baited into an argument with Pheonix.

Please, feel free to continue, but 'here be dragons' lol.

May the Force Be With You,

- Arinme

Like when you diagnosed me with narcissistic personality disorder (over the internet), eh?

... Meh ...

Moderators: KobosBrick