Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
21 Aug 2019 20:27 #341604 by Phoenix Vidensia

ZealotX wrote: Nature would be a genetic difference that actually has a physiological effect. I BELIEVE... that although abnormal by scientific / medical standards and statistics it should be accepted by society according to what the individual chooses to profess. If they identify as male, they're male. If they identify as female they're female. If they want an operation I think it should be free because they didn't ask to be born a way other than what they identify as. I think there is a "real" transgender identity that is from birth and a "fake" transgender identity that people gravitate to because they simply don't want to be the gender they were born (nature) as. If "real" transgendered individuals want to be part of the norm as M, F, T I have ZERO problem with that. As Carlos said, it doesn't effect me either way. I think if they're dressed like a man they should be able to use the male restroom. If they're dressed like a woman or identify as such they should be able to use the women's restroom. I think creating a gender neutral restroom is overdoing it because T can be either M or F. And if you don't want T peeing next to you then that's your problem.

If that's how you see it, how about this...

Those who identify as non sighted should be able to have their sight removed. Those who identify as being unable to walk, should be able to have an operation to put them in a wheelchair. Why stop there though? Why are we calling those who identify as fat (when they are slim) mentally ill? Aren't we being discriminating? After all, they identity as fat. Who are we to say they aren't, even as they kill themselves by starvation?

It's ALL identity based in my opinion. The guy who wants to have his hanging buddy lopped off, isn't different than the woman who had a chemical poured into her eyes... so she would be blind, since that's how she identified. If one type of body dysmorphia is okay, all of it is okay. All of it is normal and shame on anyone who disagrees. *Sarcasm*

Furthermore, how about two washrooms? One for those with a penis, and one for those without one. Wait! We have those... :blink:

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2019 20:27 #341605 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote: They're literally trying to force me to educate them, against my will..

Really? Interesting! What exactly will you be educating us about here? Also... if it's against your will, why continue to engage here? Into self punishment?

Because you need my help, but I'm not capable of it atm.

I do? Really? Why do you think that?

... Meh ...

More
21 Aug 2019 20:28 - 21 Aug 2019 20:30 #341606 by Arinme

VixensVengeance wrote:

Arinme wrote:

rugadd wrote: Why are you here?

I'm taking the bait. That's why. -.-

And yes, my posts keep changing. I'm trying to figure out how to explain over a decade of assimilated knowledge so nobody speaks over me and I actually feel safe here.

But, er, I'm also recovering from psychopathic abuse and should not be here.

Taking the bait? Not a valid interpretation. Better you take your own advice and not participate in these sorts of places until you are in a more stable place.

Now you're gaslighting me.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 20:30 by Arinme.

More
21 Aug 2019 20:32 #341608 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

And yes, my posts keep changing. I'm trying to figure out how to explain over a decade of assimilated knowledge so nobody speaks over me and I actually feel safe here.

It's an internet forum. How exactly can people speak over you here? You are as free to type and have your posts seen as I am. This isn't Facebook. As for feeling safe, that's on you. If you don't feel safe (as weird as I find that, given the environment we're in), maybe you should opt out of this thread?

As you said, you're recovering from psychopathic abuse. Perhaps you should seek professional help, rather than posting on a topic which clearly you can't emotionally handle?

... Meh ...

More
21 Aug 2019 20:34 #341609 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Taking the bait? Not a valid interpretation. Better you take your own advice and not participate in these sorts of places until you are in a more stable place.

Yes, that's totally what my friend is doing here... *sarcasm* *eye roll* *face palm*

... Meh ...

More
21 Aug 2019 20:35 #341610 by Arinme

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

It's an internet forum. How exactly can people speak over you here? You are as free to type and have your posts seen as I am. This isn't Facebook. As for feeling safe, that's on you. If you don't feel safe (as weird as I find that, given the environment we're in), maybe you should opt out of this thread?

As you said, you're recovering from psychopathic abuse. Perhaps you should seek professional help, rather than posting on a topic which clearly you can't emotionally handle?

You baited me into the conversation, and now this?

More
21 Aug 2019 20:35 #341611 by ZealotX

Those who identify as non sighted should be able to have their sight removed. Those who identify as being unable to walk, should be able to have an operation to put them in a wheelchair. Why stop there though? Why are we calling those who identify as fat (when they are slim) mentally ill? Aren't we being discriminating? After all, they identity as fat. Who are we to say they aren't, even as they kill themselves by starvation?

I think in your haste you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

If someone was BORN blind and there was an operation that could give them sight, yes, I think that should be free. It's not about chosen identity. Likewise, if someone was BORN lame and we had the technology to fix that at birth, then why not?

I was actually agreeing with you, at least in part.

How people choose to identify themselves isn't necessarily who or what they are and in many cases its on them to correct that and accept themselves (or exercise) instead of asking everyone else to call them something other than what we perceive them to be.

However, if someone is born with a genetic issue that creates either a hormonal imbalance or physical deformation then, in my opinion, that is valid cause for that person to have whatever operation they need, and if not, wear whatever label they choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
21 Aug 2019 20:37 #341612 by Arinme

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Yes, that's totally what my friend is doing here... *sarcasm* *eye roll* *face palm*

So, you're not gaslighting me too?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

More
21 Aug 2019 20:42 #341614 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

You baited me into the conversation, and now this?

Into this conversation? Yes. Into the thread itself? No. However, since you're here, care to answer my questions?

... Meh ...

More
21 Aug 2019 20:45 #341615 by Phoenix Vidensia

ZealotX wrote:

I think in your haste you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

If someone was BORN blind and there was an operation that could give them sight, yes, I think that should be free. It's not about chosen identity. Likewise, if someone was BORN lame and we had the technology to fix that at birth, then why not?

I was actually agreeing with you, at least in part.

How people choose to identify themselves isn't necessarily who or what they are and in many cases its on them to correct that and accept themselves (or exercise) instead of asking everyone else to call them something other than what we perceive them to be.

However, if someone is born with a genetic issue that creates either a hormonal imbalance or physical deformation then, in my opinion, that is valid cause for that person to have whatever operation they need, and if not, wear whatever label they choose.

Legitimate medical reasons are one thing, mental illness is another. I fully support investing in people, especially when it comes to restoring health. I do NOT support tax supported mutilation.

... Meh ...

Moderators: KobosBrick