Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
22 Aug 2019 14:43 #341769 by Phoenix Vidensia

Kobos wrote: One last drop:



Enjoy

Phoenix if your behavior does not match your old patterns then people will get over their concern, but the impression of Mortose left a poor taste in many mouths, real or imagined so your interactions then become much more important to dropping that to your past.


Some of my behaviour will match old patterns and some won't.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:43 #341770 by ZealotX

Arinme wrote: We have a complimentary projection issue here. I've been a Jedi for over a decade. Somehow, you've all forgotten what us Independents are like--and perhaps I'm just trying to make a point.


No, you're not. What point are you even in the ball park of making?

Arinme wrote: I have evidence of a crime. A very rarely reported crime that literally needs to be reported more often for the good of society. I have the ability and wherewithal (and knew this beforehand) to take this case to the SCOTUS and set a precedent with it.

Please, tell me why a Jedi would lie--which means you're being deceived.


Now I just feel like you're just trolling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:45 #341771 by Phoenix Vidensia

ZealotX wrote:

Arinme wrote: We have a complimentary projection issue here. I've been a Jedi for over a decade. Somehow, you've all forgotten what us Independents are like--and perhaps I'm just trying to make a point.


No, you're not. What point are you even in the ball park of making?

Arinme wrote: I have evidence of a crime. A very rarely reported crime that literally needs to be reported more often for the good of society. I have the ability and wherewithal (and knew this beforehand) to take this case to the SCOTUS and set a precedent with it.

Please, tell me why a Jedi would lie--which means you're being deceived.


Now I just feel like you're just trolling.

Goody! Someone who also sees it! This is exactly why I've been overly snarky, condescending and just plain silly at times. I can't take her seriously.

... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:49 - 22 Aug 2019 14:51 #341772 by Carlos.Martinez3
Site admin
Pastor
A few members

All these have asked for pretty much the same thing. This is not any other platform but our own. If the rules and the spirit of things can not be taken into effect- rest assure there will be administrative action taken. Why does it have to be? Ego ? Self control ? Lack of ? Regardless - this is a temple as well as a platform for communication and sharing. School yard insults are not why we do this .
We are a Jedi church and international ministry of the religion Jediism and the Jedi way of life. Jedi at this site are not the same as those portrayed within the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe. We are a recognized International Ministry and Public Charity; a tax exempt (donations are US income tax deductible) 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2005.

IRS Determination Letter



The Jedi here are real people that live or lived their lives according to the principles of Jediism, the real Jedi religion or philosophy. Jedi followers, ministers and leaders embrace Jediism as a real living, breathing religion and sincerely believe in its teachings. Jediism does not base its focus on myth and fiction but on the real life issues and philosophies that are at the source of myth. Whether you want to become a Jedi, are a real Jedi looking for additional training or just interested in learning about and discussing The Force, we're here for you.

We believe in Peace, Justice, Love, Learning and Benevolence: It is unlikely that the Jedi way conflicts with other beliefs and traditions.

A Jedi at Temple of the Jedi Order (TotJO) follows our Doctrine, though all are welcome to register an account and participate as a guest.



Any ones welcome to log in as a guest but act as you would in a temple because that’s kinna how the members treat it and we would like things to be done. That’s the idea and direction any ways? Don’t like it feel free to visit any time.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 14:51 by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:59 #341774 by Arinme

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Site admin
Pastor
A few members

All these have asked for pretty much the same thing. This is not any other platform but our own. If the rules and the spirit of things can not be taken into effect- rest assure there will be administrative action taken. Why does it have to be? Ego ? Self control ? Lack of ? Regardless - this is a temple as well as a platform for communication and sharing. School yard insults are not why we do this .
We are a Jedi church and international ministry of the religion Jediism and the Jedi way of life. Jedi at this site are not the same as those portrayed within the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe. We are a recognized International Ministry and Public Charity; a tax exempt (donations are US income tax deductible) 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2005.

IRS Determination Letter



The Jedi here are real people that live or lived their lives according to the principles of Jediism, the real Jedi religion or philosophy. Jedi followers, ministers and leaders embrace Jediism as a real living, breathing religion and sincerely believe in its teachings. Jediism does not base its focus on myth and fiction but on the real life issues and philosophies that are at the source of myth. Whether you want to become a Jedi, are a real Jedi looking for additional training or just interested in learning about and discussing The Force, we're here for you.

We believe in Peace, Justice, Love, Learning and Benevolence: It is unlikely that the Jedi way conflicts with other beliefs and traditions.

A Jedi at Temple of the Jedi Order (TotJO) follows our Doctrine, though all are welcome to register an account and participate as a guest.



Any ones welcome to log in as a guest but act as you would in a temple because that’s kinna how the members treat it and we would like things to be done. That’s the idea and direction any ways? Don’t like it feel free to visit any time.


Thank you!

May the force be with you,

- Arinme
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 15:40 #341782 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

ZealotX wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: So you do not agree that just because I identify as a black male I don't get the same privileges as other black males. So what gives a transgender woman the right to use the men's bathroom. She has not proven her lineage in the owning of a penis so why does she get to use a bathroom that is reserved for that lineage?


There was a time when black males couldn't use the same bathroom as whites. I don't know how you could honestly call it a privilege. Have you ever been in a ladies bathroom? They're almost always nicer. So why then would a transgender woman who identifies as a male want to use a 'worse' bathroom and enjoy the wafting aromas of the male rectum? Do you think she wants to look over the stall and see your pee pee? I don't think so. Using the bathroom isn't all about the other people that may or may not be in the bathroom. It's about remove liquid and solid waste from your body (and maybe some gases). It's not some holy place for the male phallus. If it makes you that uncomfortable go to the toilet stall. "He" is not there for you. He's not going to rape you. He just wants to pee and maybe take a dump.


Whoa, I think we got a bit sideways. I was not talking about discrimination here just gender assignment, the point (loosely speaking) of this thread? LMAO.. oh brother! :P :laugh:

Im simply talking about someone demanding to be treated as something they are not and the inherent rights that implies. I am not sure how that constitutes a rant (funny as it was) about male bodily functions.

I call the use of a bathroom "privilege" because it is a privilege based on gender (not color). A male generally does not have the privilege to enter a female bathroom and visa versa. So my question was if a white female cant self gender and race assign themselves as a black male to get slave reparations, why should a female that self gender assigns as a male get male bathroom privileges? That seems inconsistent to me.

(not withstanding the actual fact that I have no problem with coed bathrooms and feel if we went coed everywhere this would be no issue. However due to the overwhelming "Christian moral majority" all stuck on some antiquated idea of ethics that is not the case)

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Phoenix Vidensia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 15:55 #341790 by Phoenix Vidensia

VixensVengeance wrote:
Whoa, I think we got a bit sideways. I was not talking about discrimination here just gender assignment, the point (loosely speaking) of this thread? LMAO.. oh brother! :P :laugh:

Im simply talking about someone demanding to be treated as something they are not and the inherent rights that implies. I am not sure how that constitutes a rant (funny as it was) about male bodily functions.

I call the use of a bathroom "privilege" because it is a privilege based on gender (not color). A male generally does not have the privilege to enter a female bathroom and visa versa. So my question was if a white female cant self gender and race assign themselves as a black male to get slave reparations, why should a female that self gender assigns as a male get male bathroom privileges? That seems inconsistent to me.

(not withstanding the actual fact that I have no problem with coed bathrooms and feel if we went coed everywhere this would be no issue. However due to the overwhelming "Christian moral majority" all stuck on some antiquated idea of ethics that is not the case)


I think the issue for many is children in those coed bathrooms. Though, it's just as weird and somehow socially acceptable for children to be in the woman's bathroom, even little boys. Not that I've ever seen a little girl walk into a man's bathroom, mind you.

I stand by my solution. Two bathrooms (penis and no penis) and maybe a third for familes with infants.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 16:14 #341807 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
I think the issue for many is children in those coed bathrooms. Though, it's just as weird and somehow socially acceptable for children to be in the woman's bathroom, even little boys. Not that I've ever seen a little girl walk into a man's bathroom, mind you.

I stand by my solution. Two bathrooms (penis and no penis) and maybe a third for familes with infants.


Although I think if a child gets attacked in a bathroom that is a failing of supervision on their parents part. Even a male child in a male bathroom could get attacked. However what you suggest is a reasonable compromise to be sure.

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Phoenix Vidensia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 16:18 #341809 by Phoenix Vidensia

VixensVengeance wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
I think the issue for many is children in those coed bathrooms. Though, it's just as weird and somehow socially acceptable for children to be in the woman's bathroom, even little boys. Not that I've ever seen a little girl walk into a man's bathroom, mind you.

I stand by my solution. Two bathrooms (penis and no penis) and maybe a third for familes with infants.


Although I think if a child gets attacked in a bathroom that is a failing of supervision on their parents part. Even a male child in a male bathroom could get attacked. However what you suggest is a reasonable compromise to be sure.


Certainly this can happen and you're right. However, we live in snowflake land. I think my suggestion is the best possible option, other than genocide of the far left. That would be an option too but not one people would readily agree to. *Dark humor*

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 18:18 #341847 by ZealotX

VixensVengeance wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: So you do not agree that just because I identify as a black male I don't get the same privileges as other black males. So what gives a transgender woman the right to use the men's bathroom. She has not proven her lineage in the owning of a penis so why does she get to use a bathroom that is reserved for that lineage?


There was a time when black males couldn't use the same bathroom as whites. I don't know how you could honestly call it a privilege. Have you ever been in a ladies bathroom? They're almost always nicer. So why then would a transgender woman who identifies as a male want to use a 'worse' bathroom and enjoy the wafting aromas of the male rectum? Do you think she wants to look over the stall and see your pee pee? I don't think so. Using the bathroom isn't all about the other people that may or may not be in the bathroom. It's about remove liquid and solid waste from your body (and maybe some gases). It's not some holy place for the male phallus. If it makes you that uncomfortable go to the toilet stall. "He" is not there for you. He's not going to rape you. He just wants to pee and maybe take a dump.


Whoa, I think we got a bit sideways. I was not talking about discrimination here just gender assignment, the point (loosely speaking) of this thread? LMAO.. oh brother! :P :laugh:

Im simply talking about someone demanding to be treated as something they are not and the inherent rights that implies. I am not sure how that constitutes a rant (funny as it was) about male bodily functions.

I call the use of a bathroom "privilege" because it is a privilege based on gender (not color). A male generally does not have the privilege to enter a female bathroom and visa versa. So my question was if a white female cant self gender and race assign themselves as a black male to get slave reparations, why should a female that self gender assigns as a male get male bathroom privileges? That seems inconsistent to me.

(not withstanding the actual fact that I have no problem with coed bathrooms and feel if we went coed everywhere this would be no issue. However due to the overwhelming "Christian moral majority" all stuck on some antiquated idea of ethics that is not the case)


Well, let's all keep in mind that you were the one who brought up the race thing. But that being said, it is a very similar sort of discrimination. Black men were called "boy" and kept out of the same bathroom for the simple fact that they didn't want blacks using the same bathroom.

A male shouldn't be in a female bathroom unless its a coed bathroom? If you can simply call it coed then aren't you negating any real issue why transgender people wouldn't be allowed in? The bathroom itself isn't male or female. The bathroom itself wasn't born male or female. We're just calling it that. The same toilets that can be used by women can be used by people in transition. If you can just change the label there's no magical dimension opened up that only accepts certain genitalia. So what's the concern?

If women are looking for privacy please know that a man isn't going to have major physical changes done in order to "sneak a peak". If they identify as female then they would have the same issues being in a men's bathroom that a woman would have being in a men's bathroom. Saying they shouldn't simply because of what they were born with... to me is almost like saying "hey F your ramps. Too bad. You should have been born with working legs!" No... we accommodate people with special needs in our society. Some of those special needs and considerations happen to be gender related. But I think the point is that a lot of people don't care and are intolerant of what it means to be transgender and identify as a different gender than what your physical body suggests, and yes, that intolerance is much like not wanting black people in your bathroom either. But again... I wasn't the one who brought that up, just for the record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arinme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick