Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
22 Aug 2019 14:16 #341756 by Brick

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
I'm not a Jedi!


Firstly: I never said you were a Jedi, just that I thought your behaviour was unbecoming of one.

Secondly: I am literally defending you against someone accusing you of a crime! Pick your battles dude! :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:18 #341758 by Manu
It seems the conversation is no longer about transgenderism, but there still might be something to learn about identity issues:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karpman_drama_triangle

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


The Knight's Code is a beautifully written piece of work, I loved it the first time I saw the movie Dragonheart so many years ago. However, there is some hidden danger in it (as in all things): in "The Game" described in Alan Watts' The Book, the role of the Knight requires two more elements: a villain (the wicked), and a victim (the weak). Thus, a Knight goes with a villian and a victim to rescue.

The result of taking up this "oath" to chivalry is that one risks getting trapped in the Drama Triangle, as becoming the Rescuer relies on having a victim and a persecuter. Note that, the same person who is mostly a rescuer, quickly shifts between victim and persecuter, as both Phoenix and Arinme have shown here.

The way the Drama Triangle perpetuates itself is evident in Phoenix's enjoyment of her role as Persecutor. Without Arinme jumping in to play both Victim (of abuse) and Rescuer (of the Temple), Phoenix would cease to be amused, and she'd go back to her journal to spout out whatever dark-ish bemusements she enjoys writing.

So, Arinme, my message to you would be to quit playing into Phoenix's game. YES, she did breach terms of services by obviously mocking you. But your status as victim is of your choosing.

Now, you may actually consider looking into Karpman's Drama Triangle (if you hadn't previously), or you may take up the Rescuer role and try to paint me in the Persecutor role for "victim blaming", which is not what I am out to do.

All I am saying is that, as someone bound by a code of chivalry, you do not get to run from a fight. You either gather up your resources and participate willingly in the fight, or you get to be the victim. You cannot be both.

If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick, Deimos, SilverGear, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:22 - 22 Aug 2019 14:22 #341759 by Brick
*insert everything Manu just said*

This comment is purely because there isn't a 'Double Thank You' button.

You rock Manu!

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 14:22 by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:28 #341762 by Phoenix Vidensia

Williamkaede wrote: @Arinme: You must be new here. The Jedi community, generally, is obsessed with maintaining the status quo over actually making changes for any good. Also pointless hypotheticals, navel-gazing, and not really having much time for addressing real issues and problematic community members. But that's for another meeting ;)

It's not worth rising to Phoenix's - formerly known as Mortose, bait. You're arguing with someone who gets excited by being opposed, and isn't here to actually learn or grow. This is a toxic individual, to say the least, who has taken up residence at TOTJO after not finding warm welcome in other communities. Mortose returned to the Force community, via the Force Academy, after starting her own alt-right off-brand knockoff composed mostly of unwelcome Force Academy members and people who join every group to see how they go. She claimed to be a born-again Christian, I'm guessing to pretend at some manner of redemption, after years of being banned and trying to get around that ban. The events that were part of her ban, among other things, were being found encouraging pedophilia and spousal abuse in one of her students.


Oh goody! You just personally attacked me. :)

1. I enjoy fights, specifically... civil ones. Again, yes those exist. However, I don't perpetually enjoy being opposed, I just find I often am so I'm acclimated to it.

2. FA welcomed me, I just found it too dead to carry on with. I'm still a member there.

3. I am not part of the "Alt-Right", nor was Force Realist Academy any type of "Alt-Right" organization, though David Edge may have been classified as "Alt-Right" himself.

4. Calling someone "toxic" is a means of dehumanizing them.

5. I actually did become a born again Christian, though I later came to realize (11 months later) that this was reactionary. I grabbed on to something, as I was living in a vacuum when my paradigm collapsed. I lost everything, so I clawed at the first thing that surfaced, hence Christianity, the faith of my parents.

6. Said student was a legal adult, capable of making his own decisions. He made his decision, despite my strong and persistent condemnation. When I learned of what he had claimed to have done, I dropped him immediately and sought out advice from a Jedi I was friendly with. Everything was blown to bits after that.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:29 #341763 by Arinme
We have a complimentary projection issue here. I've been a Jedi for over a decade. Somehow, you've all forgotten what us Independents are like--and perhaps I'm just trying to make a point.

I have evidence of a crime. A very rarely reported crime that literally needs to be reported more often for the good of society. I have the ability and wherewithal (and knew this beforehand) to take this case to the SCOTUS and set a precedent with it.

Please, tell me why a Jedi would lie--which means you're being deceived.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:29 #341764 by Phoenix Vidensia

Brick wrote: PHOENIX IS MORTOSE?! Oh that makes SO much more sense now!

How did I not see that?! :laugh:


Never going to live that down, eh?

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:32 - 22 Aug 2019 14:34 #341765 by ZealotX

Arinme wrote: I follow Bushido. You're projecting and I owe you no obligation to explain.

If the council asks, I will detail in excruciating detail why these tactics are abuse, etc. I will tell them literally everything I know on this subject; but I have no obligation to anyone but the council here, as this is an actual danger to the tax exempt status of this church.

I will tell them my personal reasons for doing this. Because honor is not face, I am not obligated to tell you this simply because you want me to. I am avoiding this subject for a reason, and it's because this needs to be handled by the upper ranks.

And because honor is not face.. they will know I have not told a single lie.


I also follow bushido. This is not bushido. In what world does a samurai with any sense of honor, provoke what he perceives as attacks and then, instead of fighting, tells his opponents that he will run to the shogun to talk about how he was attacked? You're not lying. You're misconstruing. There's a difference. Samurai were not victims. They choose to fight. But guess what? If you choose to fight and you lose then you're not a victim. You simply lost. You're only a victim if you had no choice. And if you weren't misconstruing things, such as domestic violence or gaslighting, I would defend you IF YOU HAD SOME POINT or position that was defensible. But at this point, it's your ego. And anyone who is not 100% on your side you treat as an enemy. That's not going to work here. Whether Jedi, Sith, or Grey, we don't have to agree with each other on everything but we will agree if we see someone making false claims. I don't know if it is intentional or not. But no, you can't cherry pick whatever you want from bushido or domestic violence, or what is projection, just to fit that which offends your ego. No one has to pretend or play along with that. Once you put aside truth is when I lose respect and threatening us, so that we treat you like some kind of victim with kid gloves... that is also not bushido. And no.... You don't get a pass for everything you say or do just because you make someone feel sorry for you.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 14:34 by ZealotX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar, Phoenix Vidensia, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:34 #341766 by Kobos
One last drop:



Enjoy

Phoenix if your behavior does not match your old patterns then people will get over their concern, but the impression of Mortose left a poor taste in many mouths, real or imagined so your interactions then become much more important to dropping that to your past.

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:37 #341767 by Phoenix Vidensia

Brick wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
I'm not a Jedi!


Firstly: I never said you were a Jedi, just that I thought your behaviour was unbecoming of one.

Secondly: I am literally defending you against someone accusing you of a crime! Pick your battles dude! :laugh:


I'm not fighting you, just stating a fact... again. Why would you hold a non Jedi to the standard of a Jedi? It's weird.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:38 #341768 by Brick

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Why would you hold a non Jedi to the standard of a Jedi? It's weird.


Because you're on a Jedi site, and our terms of service (which you agreed to adhere to when you created your account) are based on Jedi principles.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick