Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
22 Aug 2019 11:39 #341713 by Arinme

steamboat28 wrote: This thread is a prime example of why we need to move to a forum framework that has a "block" or "ignore" function for posts. Every time I come into this Temple and find the same 3 people consistently being jerks for the lulz, it completely derails any kind of legitimacy this b.s. NRM has or hopes to have in the future.

Temple, handle your nonsense or quit pretending to be what you're obviously not.


I was looking for that earlier and noticed it wasn't there >.<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 11:42 #341714 by Kobos
I ask though because 1. I have the time too....2. I have looked at the sources you have provided and there is still no "why?" responded too. I wouldn't devote my interest or say i would take this to a legal authority if I didn't mean it. But, seeing as how taking this to a legal authority would be something that would incur physichal cost to me, I need specifics and I might be missing something without a more defined explanation than, "because I said I did" or "because I talked to a police officer one time."

Much Love,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:03 #341719 by Williamkaede
@Arinme: You must be new here. The Jedi community, generally, is obsessed with maintaining the status quo over actually making changes for any good. Also pointless hypotheticals, navel-gazing, and not really having much time for addressing real issues and problematic community members. But that's for another meeting ;)

It's not worth rising to Phoenix's - formerly known as Mortose, bait. You're arguing with someone who gets excited by being opposed, and isn't here to actually learn or grow. This is a toxic individual, to say the least, who has taken up residence at TOTJO after not finding warm welcome in other communities. Mortose returned to the Force community, via the Force Academy, after starting her own alt-right off-brand knockoff composed mostly of unwelcome Force Academy members and people who join every group to see how they go. She claimed to be a born-again Christian, I'm guessing to pretend at some manner of redemption, after years of being banned and trying to get around that ban. The events that were part of her ban, among other things, were being found encouraging pedophilia and spousal abuse in one of her students.

Passion, authenticity, power, victory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos, Brick, Arinme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:08 - 22 Aug 2019 12:08 #341720 by Brick
PHOENIX IS MORTOSE?! Oh that makes SO much more sense now!

How did I not see that?! :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 12:08 by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:33 #341722 by Kobos
Well if that is the case then yes indeed there is a discussion to be had at higher levels........

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:38 #341724 by Arinme

Williamkaede wrote: @Arinme: You must be new here. The Jedi community, generally, is obsessed with maintaining the status quo over actually making changes for any good. Also pointless hypotheticals, navel-gazing, and not really having much time for addressing real issues and problematic community members. But that's for another meeting ;)


*Sigh*

I have my theories about this, and it's part of why I'm making a fuss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:41 #341725 by Brick

Williamkaede wrote: The Jedi community, generally, is obsessed with maintaining the status quo over actually making changes for any good. Also pointless hypotheticals, navel-gazing, and not really having much time for addressing real issues and problematic community members.


in that sense, it doesn't sound like we're that different to the Jedi in the fiction lol

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:43 #341726 by rugadd
This reminds me of why I joined this religion...because it was fun! Very amusing read everyone. I had no idea it would go this far in under a day.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:45 #341727 by Arinme

Brick wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: The Jedi community, generally, is obsessed with maintaining the status quo over actually making changes for any good. Also pointless hypotheticals, navel-gazing, and not really having much time for addressing real issues and problematic community members.


in that sense, it doesn't sound like we're that different to the Jedi in the fiction lol


Wow. And the Greys are still annoyed, too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 12:45 - 22 Aug 2019 12:47 #341728 by ZealotX

Arinme wrote: I'm a domestic violence victim saying this is domestic violence.


First off, Arinme, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you have suffered domestic violence. I can only hope that you have gotten away from your boyfriend, husband, or whoever it was who was doing that to you. There is never a justifiable reason or excuse for physical violence of that nature and I especially detest a man using his natural strength against a woman. I don't know how you are fighting back against that or how you are recovering from that, but I wish you the best and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

On the matter of gas lighting... I have to disagree you, unfortunately. You gave us a link as a reference.

www.thehotline.org/what-is-gaslighting/

This term comes from the 1938 stage play Gas Light, in which a husband attempts to drive his wife crazy by dimming the lights (which were powered by gas) in their home. When his wife points it out, he denies that the light changed. Gaslighting is an extremely effective form of emotional abuse that causes a victim to question their own feelings, instincts and sanity, which gives the abusive partner a lot of power (and we know that abuse is about power and control). Once an abusive partner has broken down the victim’s ability to trust their own perceptions, the victim is more likely to stay in the abusive relationship.


Thank you, because I didn't know all of this. So it was educational for me.

However, according to this link, that explains what gaslighting is, that you provided, we can clearly see that it is squarely within the context of domestic partners.

Does your partner repeatedly say things like this to you?


As someone with a bad memory (probably caused by sleep apnea) I had issues in my second marriage that one might argue fit into this description. Because it's your domestic partner it's hard to escape and you get sucked into fights you don't want to be in. I would literally try to go to a different room and be chased down. She would barge in just to continue the fight. I've been kicked, bitten, hit in the face, had things thrown at me (she had BPD), and had to clean up glass from lamps she would constantly break. I know domestic violence.

This is not domestic violence.

This is not gas lighting.

The context is about a domestic relationship where you are in a confined space with your partner. Furthermore, do you have a bad memory? Even if you did it wouldn't matter. This is an online forum. Everything you say is literally recorded. Gaslighting, as described by your link, wouldn't even work under these conditions. No one is defining reality for you. There isn't even the threat of that. You don't know us. You have no reason to be in a position described in your link. So let's please move on from this because it really belittles the actual cases of gaslighting suffered by real people. If you have something to say about the transgender identity that is germane to what has been said in this thread, feel free to share. But going back and forth with people and hurling accusations does nothing to benefit the discussion and will certainly be seen as a divisive tactic to derail the thread. If I or any other poster said something wrong on the issue then explain why its wrong. Talking about domestic violence hurts your credibility, not the person you directed it to.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 12:47 by ZealotX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Deimos, Phoenix Vidensia, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick