Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
22 Aug 2019 10:54 #341698 by Kobos
Oh, about 16 or 17 responses ago I asked a legitimate question to get this topic into a discussion. So, now that we are 12 hours later and this many responses later, my question is quoted no less than twice and yet there has been aboslutely no action in discussing this topic in a handled and mature way. Adder took a shot, Brick took a shot, and James is being James but also took a shot(I chooses not to be coherent James!!!!).

Now I have another question I would love to see an actual response, what US code has been broken that you believe there is action that can be legally taken? I am curious because if we can't have a discussion about the topic at hand we should at least address the law that applies here. Maybe by addressing this we can see why talks like this IRL are constantly breaking down, leaving us at this social impass where we all just stare at each other with our junk in our hands making comparisons.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, SilverGear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 11:08 - 22 Aug 2019 11:10 #341702 by Arinme

Kobos wrote: Oh, about 16 or 17 responses ago I asked a legitimate question to get this topic into a discussion. So, now that we are 12 hours later and this many responses later, my question is quoted no less than twice and yet there has been aboslutely no action in discussing this topic in a handled and mature way. Adder took a shot, Brick took a shot, and James is being James but also took a shot(I chooses not to be coherent James!!!!).

Now I have another question I would love to see an actual response, what US code has been broken that you believe there is action that can be legally taken? I am curious because if we can't have a discussion about the topic at hand we should at least address the law that applies here. Maybe by addressing this we can see why talks like this IRL are constantly breaking down, leaving us at this social impass where we all just stare at each other with our junk in our hands making comparisons.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

I'm a domestic violence victim saying this is domestic violence.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 11:10 by Arinme.

More
22 Aug 2019 11:10 #341703 by Brick

Arinme wrote: It should be covered under most local domestic violence statues.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not convinced that this website is classified as a domestic setting

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
22 Aug 2019 11:11 - 22 Aug 2019 11:16 #341704 by Arinme

Brick wrote:

Arinme wrote: It should be covered under most local domestic violence statues.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not convinced that this website is classified as a domestic setting

It doesn't always have to be a 'domestic' setting.

National Domestic Violence Hotline: www.thehotline.org/what-is-gaslighting/
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 11:16 by Arinme.

More
22 Aug 2019 11:20 #341706 by Brick

Arinme wrote: It would be covered under domestic violence statues anyway.

I'm unsure about US law. But UK law defines Domestic Violence as including "all acts of physical, sexual, psychological or economic violence that may be committed by a family member or intimate partner" and therefore this would not fall under Domestic Abuse Statute in the UK.

As previously discussed, I also think its debatable as to what abuse has actually taken place here. I think Phoenix has been a dick to you, and behaved in a manner unbecoming of a Jedi, but I'm not sure that constitutes 'abuse'.

I'm also unsure as to what jurisdiction we currently fall under, as I don't know where in the world you are, where in the world anyone else in this thread is, and where in the world the server for this website is located (last time I checked, 2 years ago, it was France). All of which further adds to confusion

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
22 Aug 2019 11:21 #341707 by Brick

Arinme wrote: National Domestic Violence Hotline: www.thehotline.org/what-is-gaslighting/

True, but your source still refers to the crime being committed by a family member or intimate partner, rather than a total stranger

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Phoenix Vidensia, Casshern

More
22 Aug 2019 11:22 #341708 by Kobos
Can I ask why, what part of this discussion has qualified as "violence" there is still a legal threshold to meet here and it needs to be specific for me to take this to a legal authority and have it taken seriously.(which with proper evidence is an open course)

Second, "violence" aside can my original question be addressed? This is much more likely to be taken seriously if there is discussion beyond the transgression of others is explored or else it will fall directly into the catagory of some one trolling someone which with out direct threat of violence is not a crime due to the voluntary nature of internet posting as well as the private nature of the operation of web platforms.

Much Love, Respect an Peace,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Casshern

More
22 Aug 2019 11:23 #341709 by Arinme

Brick wrote:

Arinme wrote: National Domestic Violence Hotline: www.thehotline.org/what-is-gaslighting/

True, but your source still refers to the crime being committed by a family member or intimate partner, rather than a total stranger

My primary source is the cops. I'm a domestic violence victim.

More
22 Aug 2019 11:34 #341711 by Arinme

Kobos wrote: Can I ask why, what part of this discussion has qualified as "violence" there is still a legal threshold to meet here and it needs to be specific for me to take this to a legal authority and have it taken seriously.(which with proper evidence is an open course)

Second, "violence" aside can my original question be addressed? This is much more likely to be taken seriously if there is discussion beyond the transgression of others is explored or else it will fall directly into the catagory of some one trolling someone which with out direct threat of violence is not a crime due to the voluntary nature of internet posting as well as the private nature of the operation of web platforms.

Much Love, Respect an Peace,
Kobos

I have met the legal threshold, or I wouldn't have said anything. =/

More
22 Aug 2019 11:38 #341712 by steamboat28
This thread is a prime example of why we need to move to a forum framework that has a "block" or "ignore" function for posts. Every time I come into this Temple and find the same 3 people consistently being jerks for the lulz, it completely derails any kind of legitimacy this b.s. NRM has or hopes to have in the future.

Temple, handle your nonsense or quit pretending to be what you're obviously not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Arinme

Moderators: KobosBrick