Transgender - An Identity Issue

More
22 Aug 2019 01:30 - 22 Aug 2019 01:31 #341660 by Phoenix Vidensia

Adder wrote: Role playing Sith maybe

... and what are you? Role playing Jedi?

... Meh ...
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 01:31 by Phoenix Vidensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 01:34 #341662 by Phoenix Vidensia

Adder wrote:
Your just helping make my point, yes that is why I said it. You two dont seem to meet my definitions of Sith and I probably dont meet yours of Jedi (especially if playing in the sandbox of mixed messages is being Sith) ... no big deal of course, short of that you might give it, and I doubt you took offense since you seem keen to do worse frequently here.

PLEASE... inform us then of what it means to be Sith... by your definition.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

More
22 Aug 2019 01:36 #341663 by Adder

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Adder wrote: Role playing Sith maybe

... and what are you? Role playing Jedi?

Not by my definition, or did you miss the shovel for the sand? :P

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
22 Aug 2019 01:39 #341664 by Adder

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Adder wrote:
Your just helping make my point, yes that is why I said it. You two dont seem to meet my definitions of Sith and I probably dont meet yours of Jedi (especially if playing in the sandbox of mixed messages is being Sith) ... no big deal of course, short of that you might give it, and I doubt you took offense since you seem keen to do worse frequently here.

It's not all about you though, or me, so you've given neither reason or place for me to bother... It's OT, 'don't be distracted by the celebrities' as I say from Zoolander, it was part of me making an on topic point not a reason to derail a thread.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.

More
22 Aug 2019 01:41 #341665 by Phoenix Vidensia

Adder wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Adder wrote:

It's not all about you though, or me, so you've given neither reason or place for me to bother... It's OT, 'don't be distracted by the celebrities' as I say from Zoolander, it was part of me making an on topic point not a reason to derail a thread.

Come on now... you flung an accusation at me and my friend. I certainly want to know your definition of Sith. As for derailing the thread, it's my thread... and I don't care.

... Meh ...

More
22 Aug 2019 01:53 #341666 by Adder

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Adder wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Adder wrote:

Come on now... you flung an accusation at me and my friend. I certainly want to know your definition of Sith. As for derailing the thread, it's my thread... and I don't care.

Well dont let thread starting get to your head too far about ownership of it, but ok Ill bite a bit, note I'm away from the Temple right now so couldnt answer your question properly even if i wanted. That said, what have you learnt so far about what you ask, and why, and are you concerned your answer will affirm or deny what I've already said. But seriously, I have enough posts at this forum, ppl are tired of reading my rambles.. Perhaps take it to PM as that would work better given my 'away' state, but only a little as its offline away not other site away.

More
22 Aug 2019 01:54 - 22 Aug 2019 02:09 #341667 by Arinme

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Kobos wrote: So, as has been asked by others I am also gonna throw in the everybody just chill. Look there is actually a good discussion to have here where I personally feel like I could learn a lot.

I would love to have this discussion as if we were sitting in a room together so we can all learn from each other by freely expressing our opinions and experiences.

Just show some respect for each other as humans, fudge the whole JEDI, SITH, GREY identities for a bit sip some tea and have a conversation................

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: While I'm not professing that every girl with hot pink hair and tattoos is mentally ill, I am leaning strongly to believe they have an identity issue, just like the bearded guy wearing a dress and fake knockers, claiming to be a woman, does. I strongly believe he's disassociating into a female alter of types, escaping the unresolved internal crisis of his core male self.

Most likely, those people do not share your values, and as you are unable to read their mind, it is impossible to know the reasons they do things--this is complimentary projection.

It would be nice if that was the end of the discussion. The APA has strict rules against diagnosing people at a distance for this very reason. Sometimes it's just impossible to tell if it's your own superego disowning those parts of yourself.

And thus, why I'm so badly offended by this conversation. It only took me 6+ hours to figure out how to express it, so much of this could have been avoided if I hadn't been baited into an argument with Pheonix.

Please, feel free to continue, but 'here be dragons' lol.

May the Force Be With You,

- Arinme

Like when you diagnosed me with narcissistic personality disorder (over the internet), eh?

Yeah, don't bait me. I was thinking you were a narcissist, yes. I didn't say it though and that's a very important distinction--nor did I imply you were crazy, which would be a subtle form of gas-lighting.

Over-identification with your false self is what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out how to bring this to your attention as gently as possible but, well, you decided to bait me.

Anyway, isn't being a Sith about self-awareness and all that? You know, real left-hand path stuff like the removal of self-deception?

It's not your house. Stop trying to destroy people.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 02:09 by Arinme. Reason: Random elf in my post o.O
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
22 Aug 2019 02:57 #341670 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Adder wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Adder wrote: Role playing Sith maybe... but it goes to the issues of how people use definitions fairly or not. Mental

Wow, and the irony just keeps coming!!! Nice job on this one... "jedi". [Wink]

So then labels have meaning to orientate our own understanding, but also have meaning to others. Mismatching those is inefficient use of resources by most useful measure IMO. So for vulnerable out there, a good trick is to spot it early and avoid the trolling, for that is all it is. Which was an important part of my point :)

I think you have me confused with someone else. I dont know you nor do I believe we have ever interacted here or any other board. So forgive me if I find it strange that, out of the blue, you would come after me and personally attack me by slandering a label and thus a kind I associate with. In the first place, you find yourself on that same thin ice you are hacking away at, jedi, and I think you know that quite well which makes it even stranger.

So you are actually wrong as I was offended by such a comment. Exactly what point is it I'm helping you make and how have I made a mockery of past discussions here? Seriously I would like to know. You have made the claim I am a role player, I want to know why? What is this definition you have of a sith and why do you feel privileged enough to force that mantle onto me?? Especially in a thread talking about identity acceptance??? The comment, from a jedi, in a tolerance thread seems intended to cut deeper. So what gives you the right to come after me but become incensed at a retaliation?

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
22 Aug 2019 02:57 - 22 Aug 2019 03:12 #341671 by Deimos
Wow there is a lot to unpack here. There is one genuine question I have for Arinme. Why did you take the bait? Cuz here's my thoughts: based on your posts, you knew this wasn't the best place to go given your abuse, I'm assuming recently so feel free to correct me, but you took it anyway. So why are you blaming Phoenix for gas lighting? I'm not saying I condone her attitude in any way, but accusing her of gas lighting when you willingly came into HER thread, and then calling for arrests to be made seems a bit unjustified given that this is the Internet and no one forced you to reply to in the first place.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, rather I'm trying to understand the logic. Because it does seem a bit overzealous to call for an arrest on a web forum.

-Dei'mos
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 03:12 by Deimos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZealotX, Phoenix Vidensia

More
22 Aug 2019 03:22 #341672 by Phoenix Vidensia

Arinme wrote: Yeah, don't bait me. I was thinking you were a narcissist, yes. I didn't say it though and that's a very important distinction--nor did I imply you were crazy, which would be a subtle form of gas-lighting.

Like...

Arinme wrote:
Ever heard of narcissism? You're being one.

and...

Arinme wrote: GO TO A THERAPIST.

Arinme wrote: Over-identification with your false self is what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out how to bring this to your attention as gently as possible but, well, you decided to bait me.

Anyway, isn't being a Sith about self-awareness and all that? You know, real left-hand path stuff like the removal of self-deception?

It's not your house. Stop trying to destroy people.

Another person who claims to know what being a Sith is about... Please, share all the details. What is Sith to you?

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deimos

Moderators: KobosBrick