Arguing for Argument's Sake, or, The Ego Running Wild

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334540 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I wonder what it would be like if there was a forum category where the website was coded to hide all of the profile information so you had no idea who posted what reply, no pictures no usernames no signatures just content.

Love this ...

Really? Because I find it incredibly naive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334541 by
I'm pretty happy with how this thread went.

I have a long way to go in my training, and it shows.

When I come here, and indeed, came here in the first place, I was and am pursuing a spiritual/religious experience more fulfilling than before I found this community.

That being said, it's pointed out that that is not the same of other people here, and that's ok.

It is possible for me to pursue what I consider the purpose of this place, and leave other people alone without losing that.

Kyrin, I'm sorry I started this as a thinly veiled "hey you I think you're full of shit". Your approach to discussion isn't one that I fully appreciate, or endorse, but we are of a different head-space, respectively, when here, and I need to let you and others pursue the Force as you feel called to.

This has been been a learning experience, and I appreciate everyone's contribution to it. Thank you.

More
5 years 1 month ago #334542 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I wonder what it would be like if there was a forum category where the website was coded to hide all of the profile information so you had no idea who posted what reply, no pictures no usernames no signatures just content.

Love this ...

You find it naive to wonder?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334547 by

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Love this ...

I think more trusting that not to go wrong, with that being the larger experience of it.

More
5 years 1 month ago #334548 by Tellahane

Stormcaller wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Love this ...

I think more trusting that not to go wrong, with that being the larger experience of it.

What could go wrong with it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334551 by

Tellahane wrote:

Stormcaller wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Love this ...

Lmao... you crack me up dude!!

More
5 years 1 month ago #334552 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Stormcaller wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Love this ...

Lmao... you crack me up dude!!

It's a serious question....

More
5 years 1 month ago #334556 by Kobos
A serious answer, at this point those whom it would be useful for know each others writing style enough that this would be a horrible can of worms, even I feel I would be a little more dbaggy. I have a lot of faith in this community so maybe I am wrong, but I am answering this from my poor habit I am working on.

For members this might be useful, particularly in times of crisis or needing to ask for help (When we are afraid to air in a community where we are known.) However, there is risk to be weighed in that idea.

Just my 2 cents.
Much, Love, and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
5 years 1 month ago #334558 by Adder
Someone would know, someone always knows :D

If it lets you be yourself then it has potential. It also would let you show your level of dedication to this place and its rules, doctrine etc.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 1 month ago #334564 by Manu
Funky usernames and cool avatars already allow for a great deal of anonymity, and ego’s running wild.

I say... let them run. And let them clash with others, and trip and fall. Isn’t that how we all learned to walk? Tripping and testing limits?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi