What's Wrong With A Pastor of Force Practice

More
5 years 6 months ago #327680 by Cyan Sarden
Sure, we can start pre-defining the term “Force”. I don’t actually mind as long as i can disagree and i can have my own opinion and definition. However, this is about Reiki and how to “use” the Force - and that has little to do with wanting to describe the term. It’s an attempt to introduce external beliefs and hobbies of a handful of members into the main teaching here and that’s wrong.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ambert The Traveller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327681 by Cyan Sarden

jpadkins wrote: I do understand there are many different reasons that people come to the Temple but please recognize that at its foundation, this is a CHURCH based on observance of the Force.

Oh really, says who?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327683 by

jpadkins wrote: I do understand there are many different reasons that people come to the Temple but please recognize that at its foundation, this is a CHURCH based on observance of the Force.

Energy does not exist without the matter of space-time to contain it and a force to drive it. So what is it you are really talking about here when you say "power"? And once that power is defined, by what means is that power manipulated, or directed, to effect physical healing or enact a "law of attraction"? I think you will be hard pressed to come up with a viable explanation that all will agree to. This is because metaphysics is the philosophy of possibility not the science of reality.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327685 by jpadkins
Our Homepage:
"We are a Jedi church and international ministry of the religion Jediism and the Jedi way of life. Jedi at this site are not the same as those portrayed within the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe. We are a recognized International Ministry and Public Charity; a tax exempt (donations are US income tax deductible) 501(c)3 non-profit organization."

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”

More
5 years 6 months ago #327687 by Carlos.Martinez3
The ability to pick and choose ones own path , definitions , God , or plural, faith , ways , ideas, - is something that every human being can do for them selfs. Think about that. When given an opportunity to choose , will the individual choose or - not choose. The Force is defined by the Jediist... the individual. Each path - is the same. What we call the Force is to each of us and how we wield , seek, and serve. Totjo leaves the defining to the individual. We come here to share paths and ideas and definitions - to learn , never to dominate.
Jediism does not base its focus on myth and fiction but on the real life issues and philosophies that are at the source of myth.

This is inclusive to every path made know and available here to share. The biggest struggle we as modern day Jeddist can ha e is simply being able to be you as others are them. Can we be us while no one else is us? Can we share a few thing - if not all things? We’ve learn to fly the sky like birds and swim the sea like fish and we have yet to learn to walk this earth like brother and sister....( paraphrased Dr MLK Jr) even Jedi find it difficult at times to be Jedi with other Jedi.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, jpadkins

More
5 years 6 months ago #327692 by jpadkins

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Energy does not exist without the matter of space-time to contain it and a force to drive it. So what is it you are really talking about here when you say "power"? And once that power is defined, by what means is that power manipulated, or directed, to effect physical healing or enact a "law of attraction"? I think you will be hard-pressed to come up with a viable explanation that all will agree to. This is because metaphysics is the philosophy of possibility not the science of reality.

Thanks Kyrin,
I believe that is what makes Jediism so interesting is the meaning we put on that definition. Let me explain. The TOTJO defines the Force as a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. What that means to you and how that impacts your daily life is what is up for debate. While I myself do not practice any kind of energy work per say, I would think that those that believe that most believe that power can be directed. This office seems to be the study of how the power of the Force can be directed and I believe to be completely aligned with the religion of Jediism.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico

More
5 years 6 months ago #327694 by Cyan Sarden

jpadkins wrote: Our Homepage:
"We are a Jedi church and international ministry of the religion Jediism and the Jedi way of life. Jedi at this site are not the same as those portrayed within the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe. We are a recognized International Ministry and Public Charity; a tax exempt (donations are US income tax deductible) 501(c)3 non-profit organization."

Sure, where exactly does it say “observance of the Force”?

More
5 years 6 months ago #327697 by Cyan Sarden

jpadkins wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Energy does not exist without the matter of space-time to contain it and a force to drive it. So what is it you are really talking about here when you say "power"? And once that power is defined, by what means is that power manipulated, or directed, to effect physical healing or enact a "law of attraction"? I think you will be hard-pressed to come up with a viable explanation that all will agree to. This is because metaphysics is the philosophy of possibility not the science of reality.

Thanks Kyrin,
I believe that is what makes Jediism so interesting is the meaning we put on that definition. Let me explain. The TOTJO defines the Force as a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. What that means to you and how that impacts your daily life is what is up for debate. While I myself do not practice any kind of energy work per say, I would think that those that believe that most believe that power can be directed. This office seems to be the study of how the power of the Force can be directed and I believe to be completely aligned with the religion of Jediism.

Nah, the office is about Reiki and how to use the Force for remote healing and what not.

And TotJO doesn’t define anything - where are you getting all that stuff from? Each member is asked to find his / her own definition of the Force.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327698 by jpadkins

Cyan Sarden wrote:

jpadkins wrote: Our Homepage:

Sure, where exactly does it say “observance of the Force”?

Jediism is a religion based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. Jediism finds its roots in philosophies similar to those presented in an epic space opera called “Star Wars”. It is a religion in and of itself.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico

More
5 years 6 months ago #327699 by jpadkins

Cyan Sarden wrote:

jpadkins wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Thanks Kyrin,

Nah, the office is about Reiki and how to use the Force for remote healing and what not.

And TotJO doesn’t define anything - where are you getting all that stuff from? Each member is asked to find his / her own definition of the Force.

I have taken this directly from our doctrine and from our home page.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine-of-the-order
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi