What's Wrong With A Pastor of Force Practice

More
5 years 6 months ago #326463 by Rosalyn J
The way that I use it has been thus far effective. Assistant Pastors are over teams or specific ministries. Outreach and Seminary being the two present.

If there really is such a need to have Pastor just be one, what shall we call those othets

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326468 by
@steamboat
An interesting conversation? By all means, I’m willing.

I don’t see the idea that there may have been other conspiracies here as having any bearing on the current situation. In fact many Knights here are voicing concerns as well. Are you accusing them?

You yourself have made it quite clear here that you believe in Reike so I do know at least that.

If it is truly a poorly described position then that is great! I think a clarification will go a long way to resolving this. But it still should not contain references to “energy healing” as part of an official position. If the energy healing portion was the poor interpretation then fine, if not then it becomes an official station that is in conflict with the charter of this place as being syncretic and should be relegated to a group interest.

I have no ill will towards Christianity and I would appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth. As well I am not blasting you. I only want a fair discourse that is free of accusation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326470 by

steamboat28 wrote: I've already explained why this is a non-issue, because the position was described poorly. Not because the office isn't needed.

Assistant Pastor of Force Practice
Direct Report: Pastor
Responsibilities include:

understand and be able to explain the parallels to the fictional portrayals of the Force in relation to energy work (reiki, qigong, etc.)
maintain records of Force-related training done at the Temple
Force-related outreach (distance reiki for people who are sick, etc.)
train in energetic modalities those who wish to learn
maintain [reike] lineages
performs additional duties as defined by needs of Pastor and needs of the Clergy

This is really one of the most prolific "poorly described" descriptions I have ever seen.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326477 by Gisteron
Yea, no, it's not poorly described, nor is it inclusive. It is described in no uncertain terms to be an office dedicated to studying and teaching what amounts to literal sorcery, and not just as a matter of study group which nobody was ever excluding, but as an official position of the Temple, as something that represents what people here believe or come here to learn.
Changing the name would do nothing to solve that issue.
Changing the description would as well be misleading, if it renders the description inaccurate of the position. There was, remember, an announcement, and an application period. People already have competed for the position as it was described back then. They did not apply for the job as it will be described some time in the future. If the description changes significantly, I'd strongly suggest to restart the competition, too, in the hopes of attracting people more interested in and better qualified for the job as it will be described during the new candidacy period.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327657 by
You may be Jedi to each other, or in your own mind.. but when speaking to an "outsider" they will ask you to define The Force as it is the centerpiece of the Jedi Way..

If you tell them that you have no official definition or at least a conceptualization of it. I doubt they take you or any Jedi group seriously..

Eventually, it will be defined. Hear me now, remember this later. Because the time will come and folks will have to choose. It's not a matter of if, but when. Eventually the reality of an energetic Force underlying the universe will come into question.. I can see it now already, many will fall from the way in the aftermath..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #327671 by

Uzima Moto wrote: Eventually, it will be defined. Hear me now, remember this later. Because the time will come and folks will have to choose. It's not a matter of if, but when. Eventually the reality of an energetic Force underlying the universe will come into question.. I can see it now already, many will fall from the way in the aftermath..

Sounds ominous. Exactly what is an "energetic Force" and how does it underlie the universe? And maybe more importantly, when this is revealed what is this aftermath it will cause that many succumb to and fall away from?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327673 by

Uzima Moto wrote: You may be Jedi to each other, or in your own mind.. but when speaking to an "outsider" they will ask you to define The Force as it is the centerpiece of the Jedi Way..

If you tell them that you have no official definition or at least a conceptualization of it. I doubt they take you or any Jedi group seriously..

Eventually, it will be defined. Hear me now, remember this later. Because the time will come and folks will have to choose. It's not a matter of if, but when. Eventually the reality of an energetic Force underlying the universe will come into question.. I can see it now already, many will fall from the way in the aftermath..

If defining the Force is crucial to the survival of the Jedi or Jediism as a religion or practiced faith, then I would issue you this challenge. Define "God". God is the centerpiece of the three Abrahamic religions. Billions of people claim to be Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or some denomination of said faiths. They certainly thrive in today's world, but I have yet to hear an official definition of "God" that they all agree on. In fact, they don't even agree on the name, so...

And by the way, choosing not to define the Force does not mean one does not have a conceptualization of it. It simply means that we have agreed among each other that we can all use the term Jedi even if our conceptualizations of the Force do not match exactly or share a definition.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327675 by Eleven
Nothing wrong with this. An office of those that wish to commit themselves to others and the education of others and healthy physical, mental and spiritual guidance and nurturing. I see a pattern going on in the temple of "what's wrong with (fill in the blanks)"

If ones ego is in check and humbled there isn't a single thing wrong with a life in service to others. It's when self will and the egos supersede it becomes wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
5 years 5 months ago #327677 by jpadkins
"Jediism is a religion based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. " -TOTJO Doctrine

I have been finding it more and more difficult to stay silent on issues such as these. Having been around for quite a few years, I have generally kept quiet but I can see how Christ may have gone ballistic in a Jewish Temple. The Temple of the Jedi Order is a place of learning, celebration, and alignment with that "ubiquitous and metaphysical power" that we call The Force. This may take different forms for many different people. Having a Pastor of Force Practice who may specialize in some of the mystical healing arts is not a contradiction just as a Law of Attraction coach may also be something we would embrace.

One of the definitions of "power" from Merriam-Webster is "a source or means of supplying energy especially : ELECTRICITY. Do you not agree that one who might specialize on how to direct that energy could be of value?

I do understand there are many different reasons that people come to the Temple but please recognize that at its foundation, this is a CHURCH based on observance of the Force.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”

More
5 years 5 months ago #327679 by jpadkins
I have to respectfully disagree with you Senan. The TOTJO has defined The Force as "a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. " -TOTJO Doctrine How you practice your connection to The Force is what is up for grabs. "God" has also been defined in Abrahamic religions as "the supreme or ultimate reality: such as the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe or the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit: infinite Mind." How they choose to worship and what that means in daily life is what is up for grabs.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi