Hey, I'm Adhara, Ask me Anything

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318705 by
Hello everyone,

my name is Sandra, pleased to meet you or to see you again. I'm happy to answer any questions you have, the easy ones, the tough ones and everything in between. So go ahead and ask!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318706 by
Replied by on topic Hey, I'm Adhara, Ask me Anything
Sandra! I read somewhere that you're into Environmental Protection, particularly for nuclear materials. Does your interest stem from keeping people safe, or nature safe, or a bit of both? How do you see your career choice meshing in with your jediism?

More
6 years 1 month ago #318723 by Rosalyn J
I admire your quiet leadership. How did you cultivate it

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318731 by
Along those lines, what do you feel the most important qualities of leadership to be?

More
6 years 1 month ago #318793 by Jhannuzs Ian
Hallo Sara, thank you for your time
and I hope you are creating more good life :)

What do you practice these days to enjoy more life?

What evoke fast your inner balance?

Thank you

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318807 by

Twigga wrote: Sandra! I read somewhere that you're into Environmental Protection, particularly for nuclear materials. Does your interest stem from keeping people safe, or nature safe, or a bit of both? How do you see your career choice meshing in with your jediism?

Hey Twigga, thanks for the question. I always say that as a Radiation Protection Officer I protect the Radiation from being 'abused' by people. This statement has the opposite character to what is usually meant by radiation protection (to protect people from radiation) but the effects are much the same. Radiation protection includes both, keeping people safe and keeping the environment safe. When you do one, you do the other as well, they are linked. In addition to that I also try to make people more aware of the whole topic and try to give them some information on how to interpret things in the news for example (this is the part where people abuse radiation as a topic).
The field of application of radiation is very broad. During my study I decided I want to work in the environmental radiation monitoring, which I currently do. In Germany this is part of public service and I consider what I do to be of use to everyone in Germany. All data we produce in our laboratory are published online. I'm not sure if jediism is related to my career at all. I could do one without the other, there wouldn't be much change.

Rosalyn wrote: I admire your quiet leadership. How did you cultivate it

Thanks for the question, Ros. I'm not sure what you mean by 'quiet leadership'. In the literal sense, I'm not much into discussions here. This has two reasons, one is that I'm not very talkative, the second is that I only participate in a discussion when I feel that I can add to it. Another one, but a lesser one might me that when I discuss something and people don't listen because of whatever reason, I simply stop talking. There is no value in that. Talking for the reason of talking I consider a waste of time.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Along those lines, what do you feel the most important qualities of leadership to be?

Thank you, Kyrin. I believe that one of the most important things is the ability to change perspective, to see through the eyes of the person before me and the one behind me. This has something to do with empathy and it also prevents me from being rash. Sometimes I react too fast anyway, without the needed depth of consideration but I learn from those experiences because they tend to backfire. It is also good for finding out the intention of the other person.
Another quality is communication. For me the quality not the quantity of words are important!
Also respect is important in leadership. Respect for myself, my opinion and my deeds, respect for the other person, their opinion and their deeds, so long as they are respectable. So what do I find respectable? When I or someone else acts morally and to the best of their abilities.
Those are the most important qualities of leadership that come to my mind now.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318808 by

jhannuzs wrote: What do you practice these days to enjoy more life?

Thank you for your questions. I like to do a lot of things in my free time, riding my bike, go hiking, practicing TaiChi, sewing, knitting and I even learned how to spin sheep wool. This is a great and highly meditative activity. I also like my work .

What evoke fast your inner balance?

I'm not sure I understand the question fully but I'll try. My inner balance slowly evolved during my apprenticeship here, when I learned to accept myself as I am. This was a big step for me and changes in my life gave me the opportunity to change things that unbalanced me. But this process continued and still continues. Of course everyone can be unbalanced and jumpy from time to time but on the 'long-term' balance and inner peace I'm still working. Most of the conscious things that influenced me badly I have removed or overcome. But my body still shows signs of unconscious stress that I haven't addressed yet. I'm not sure how that works when it is unconscious, though.
This however means not that I don't enjoy my life. On the contrary, I'm happy with my life and all of its challenges and this is what gives me balance.
I hope that makes sense and that answers your question. If not, let me know.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318811 by Jhannuzs Ian
Thank you Sandra, that totally makes sense :)

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318812 by
Good Morning,

I have a couple of questions.

1. What is one unique thing that you know you do well in terms of being a Jedi?
2. What part of being a Jedi do you think you could improve on (or would like to improve)?
3. What advice would you offer to someone preparing to start the IP in the TotJO.

Normally, I would ask some funny questions after my serious ones but I figured this is not the time to ask them and leave it for the Forum specifically made for it. I ask these for not only my own curiosity but to ask some questions others may hesitate to ask for any reason and for my own knowledge. I always think it's good to ask someone who is quiet in conversations. Typically because while there mouth isn't open their ears and eyes are. That is all I wanted to say.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318819 by
What is your favourite colour?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi