I've noticed somthimg

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #318043 by Carlos.Martinez3

Proteus wrote: A question that I have is:

How many of the most vocal people at this temple can demonstrate an understanding that the principles we support and proclaim to others go both ways? For example, if we tell someone that we ought to be talked to with respect, have we demanded that respect before it has been clearly established that we have given the same respect to them?

I just wonder how many of us tend to post thoughts, ideas, and principles that we think conveniently only apply to the people we're preaching it to (whether or not we will ever admit it to them or even ourselves).

Have you ever noticed that more times than not, people who frequently complain about "catching drama" or "harassment", or "judgement" or the such from essentially "everyone around me" tend to have a particular set of traits that directly reflects the very things they complain about?

What kind of impression do you get from a person who takes the positions of others around them very seriously and are aggressive about it? Compare that to someone speaks lightly and uses a playful sense of humor when talking about people around them. What is the difference in their own personalities? Which one of them might you be able to connect to and understand easier? The one who takes themselves very seriously or the one who is more playful and humorous about themselves?

Good stuff pro .
Good stuff to think for ourselves. I can only answer for me so ...
I've been on both the instigation and the victim- the cause and the effect. And that's what and why I ask... can we find a balance that is Jedi ? For each of us? Can we make a place at our table for some one else? It like us? That's the goal I guess here too... can we dismiss the sides and create the views. can we ? I think it's possible. It may look difrent for each of us but can we try ? When this light shines it Kinna hard to hate when your setting a plate for some one right ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #318047 by Carlos.Martinez3
I would love to thank eveynone here who has shared their view fears cares and conserns! You guys have a seat at my table any day ... anytime you ever need encouragment feel free to seek me out. I'm always avalible to serve my temple! I look foward to even more discussion and dialogue and even more definitions I can use and share maybe ! May the Force and the force of others be with y'all!

I am better for knowing y'all and having y'all in my path no matter the length or consistency ! Peace to y'all all!

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #318082 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic I've noticed somthimg

Proteus wrote: Have you ever noticed that more times than not, people who frequently complain about "catching drama" or "harassment", or "judgement" or the such from essentially "everyone around me" tend to have a particular set of traits that directly reflects the very things they complain about?

What kind of impression do you get from a person who takes the positions of others around them very seriously and are aggressive about it? Compare that to someone speaks lightly and uses a playful sense of humor when talking about people around them. What is the difference in their own personalities? Which one of them might you be able to connect to and understand easier? The one who takes themselves very seriously or the one who is more playful and humorous about themselves?

This is so finger-licking good, it deserves its own topic. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #318084 by Carlos.Martinez3
Link us if it does make its own gravy! L

Build, not tear down.