I've noticed somthimg

More
6 years 1 month ago #317973 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Atticus wrote: Don't believe everything you think.

Right! ;)

Carlos, are you advocating that all rules for posting be removed from the forums?

I gues I'm asking can we communicate without hindering others in their beliefs or is it just quoting for sounding good. Can we apply what we believe in real life. Can we exist -
Me and you
And still be both what I am and what you are and can we find some way to help one another reach our separate focus or do we not see that the common theme isn't encouragment or even tolerance or acceptance .
With out hurting one another . This is what I am saying / strait from the horses mouth. Don't assume I'm saying anything else . This is the reason I ask.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #317974 by Carlos.Martinez3

Locksley wrote: This is a cool way to view our interactions. It does help, a bit, to consider a lot of what goes on here as just people's wild and reckless thoughts spilling onto the page before they've had a chance to really consider why they're writing what they're writing. It does make it a little easier to avoid taking offense, I think, if we are reminding ourselves to be more actively aware of the medium we're using and how it affects our perceptions.

It's not so much about rules of behavior, then, is it? It becomes more a matter of how we are viewing ourselves and other people -- are we able to respect the process of another human being's thoughts transmitted directly to us through the medium of the 'net? Do we fully equate their online presence, the presence of their thoughts in black and white before us, as the inner workings of another human being (and can we empathize with them rather than try to tear them down?)

And, if these are all thought, some thoughts will be intrusive ones that aren't really constructive -- but it's like that with every human mind. We all have thoughts emerge within us that we recognize as unhelpful. Perhaps, if we can recognize that the same is true for others we can learn to take less offense when people are appearing to be on some sort of aggressive path -- after all, it's just their minds running with a thread of thought, and they might be unaware of what's really happening.

As an exercise I think this is nifty. :)

I sit by your fire and warm myself.

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #317976 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic I've noticed somthimg

Carlos: With out hurting one another .

And isn't this just the best possible point? Because, do we really want to be hurting one another? If we are confused by something can we focus on our own confusion instead of the perceived source of the confusion? Can we stand back and reflect on the simple "coolness" of having our thoughts exchanged at colossal speeds across vast distances? It seems like a waste of an amazing opportunity if we allow ourselves to respond in ways that aren't conducive to harmony, growth, and overall betterment; if we're not allowing ourselves to appreciate the human at the other end of the data connection, or the human we, ourselves, are (flaws and all).

Basically, can we all just be nicer to each other and try to take more of the responsibility for communicating on ourselves? I don't know, but it sure would be nice. If the whole internet could start doing this sort of advanced-thought-processing the world might be a better place.

Carlos: I sit by your fire and warm myself.

Boom -- yes!

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Locksley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #317979 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic I've noticed somthimg
Does it count as "hurting someone" to disagree with them, or to tell them that they are wrong?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 1 month ago #317980 by Carlos.Martinez3
Right ?
Nicer is a big request - more open minded or even less upset at somthimg that is diffrent that our own. Isn't that a Jedi way? Or is upset and un balance the common the common theme when confronted with a diffrence that is fully functional and not their own?
As I watch the Star Wars sagas I notice the lure of the Jedi - the control and the peace in all forms of feelings and situations and the ability to gain in any place near anynone and connect with - is why I choose to be - what I am today.

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #317982 by Carlos.Martinez3

OB1Shinobi wrote: Does it count as "hurting someone" to disagree with them, or to tell them that they are wrong?

I think and I've noticed - my focus is not to tell others they are wrong . Why would I? What gives me the right ? What gives anynome the right ? If we believe what we believe ( inherit worth of all) how is there lines or right or wrong In that?
Why disagree with some one if some one fully believes and practices their own faith? Why is that wrong ? Because I don't agree with it ? Because we don't think it's right ? I wasn't born with those beliefs and they are not like mine ? The word wrong ... is Kinna ... wrong ... lol . Not arguing at all brother - Obie I value your side . You always have a difrent view I rarely see. Add yours to the table with mine ? With?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 1 month ago #317985 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic I've noticed somthimg

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: As I watch the Star Wars sagas I notice the lure of the Jedi - the control and the peace in all forms of feelings and situations and the ability to gain in any place near anynone and connect with - is why I choose to be - what I am today.

I think this ties in nicely with Ob1's post. Being able to maintain peace and calm and gain in any situation means being able to have our thoughts tested by antagonists (the antithesis part).

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 1 month ago #317986 by Carlos.Martinez3
How can difrent views actually exist togeather without hurting one another and even---- help the others? Can we find a way? Can there be a way ?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317987 by
Replied by on topic I've noticed somthimg

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Does it count as "hurting someone" to disagree with them, or to tell them that they are wrong?

I think and I've noticed - my focus is not to tell others they are wrong . Why would I? What gives me the right ? What gives anynome the right ? If we believe what we believe ( inherit worth of all) how is there lines or right or wrong In that?
?

Because sometimes people are just wrong. Would you rather have someone care enough to tell you are wrong and give you the chance to change your thinking rather than them just let you go through life believing an incorrect thing?

More
6 years 1 month ago #317988 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic I've noticed somthimg

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: How can difrent views actually exist togeather without hurting one another and even---- help the others? Can we find a way? Can there be a way ?

The easiest way for me is to remember this is a place for learning, and the intent of a discussion forum is to discuss... to pitch ideas against other ideas to arrive to a "higher" conclusion.

So, in short, don't take antagonism personally. It's the idea being discussed, not a personal attack.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi