I've noticed somthimg

More
6 years 1 month ago #317933 by Carlos.Martinez3
As I learn and as I grow I've notice a few things. This is just one of them. I don't post this to argue ever or to create discord. Please be aware of this. The purpose is simple : I wanna know what you as a temple think.

As we are a on-line Temple . It comes to the point where conflict arises. Naturally . A place full of people difrent as the fingerprints we all have.
Now , what we post isn't words at all. The more I think about it the more I come to this idea...
When we post, we post our thoughts. We post what we at thinking not what we are saying. No one says ... anything here . There are no voices in real time , everything we read is our thoughts "on the line" so to speak.
So, that being known - I do apologize for not seeing this sooner- and truth be told I had to get my self hit with this to experience this. When we ask some one here to stop posting or to not post - or to not do somthimg here in the temple - isn't it like asking some one not to think. ? Do
We go down that path? To be a place where we begin to define what is ok and not ok to post aka think? By doing this I think it's a prosess we need to be aware of. The dangers. The pit falls and the consequences.
Once again I ask that thought not reaction be put into this before posting. The days of upset and argue for me are dried out and spent. I really want to know your thoughts on the matter. The challenge is - can you as a temple and you as Jedi see the other view on the table and better yet can you share yours along with ? The intention is not harm I promise you or to upset . If you find yourself there take a step back and re focus - as I have and take some time to think about this No one says you must answer every post here and defiantly not this one if you don't wanna argue . This is my attempt to share with you my temple somthimg I be seennand experienced . Somthimg I have found. I value your reply and your views so .. I eagerly await them. May the force be with y'all and may this bring to light a difrent view and maybe many , along side it. May we grow togeather .

Ps I know I may get In Trouble and it may be seen like I'm trying to create conflict but trust me- that's not the intention and I may take a lot of flack for this one but I think in the end we can be Jedi and the results may be astounding. I think if one person can grow from it - as I have - it's worth it . Force we with y'all! Here we go!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Locksley, OB1Shinobi, Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #317937 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic I've noticed somthimg
Thesis. Antithesis. Synthesis.

It is an eternal loop.

The moment we try to dismiss others' thoughts, we get stuck and cannot arrive at anything new.

So I'm all on board! Let the thoughts flow and let us all grow stronger from sharing!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel

More
6 years 1 month ago #317941 by Carlos.Martinez3
My Manu! Thank you clicking just didn't seem to be enough, thanks brother ! It's that focus we share. It's a bit more difficult to do but possible.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 1 month ago #317952 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic I've noticed somthimg
It is easier not to be offended, thinking of it this way.

I don't mind any type of posting as long as I learn from it.

If I find it horrid I just won't play.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317960 by
Replied by on topic I've noticed somthimg
Don't believe everything you think.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317963 by

Atticus wrote: Don't believe everything you think.

Right! ;)

Carlos, are you advocating that all rules for posting be removed from the forums?

More
6 years 1 month ago #317967 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Right! ;)

Carlos, are you advocating that all rules for posting be removed from the forums?

No

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

More
6 years 1 month ago #317969 by Carlos.Martinez3

Out of curiosity why would you say that ? Why would we ask others not to think ? Or even believe what they have learned ?!Why would we ask others this ? Don't believe the things you think? Why would we ask others This? Are we incapable of believing what we have learned ? Isn't it Kinna -the point of being Jedi - to find out and practice what we have found? Isn't that what syncritism is? The diffrenses: ? In practice ? Figuring things out ... hashing them out ? Trying - failing till we find our own balance ? Not some One else's?

I'm Not mad or even upset . Please don't think that. Please don't assume anything until you directly ask and feel Free to directly ask. Once agin this isn't intended to harm or hurt any ones feelings ...
Or even create doubt but , can there be more than one idea that exist togeather with many or it it just some thing we say?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317970 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Right! ;)

No

Ok?? You say that asking a poster not to post is like asking them not to think. In fact, we cant stop thinking and sometimes our thinking is in conflict with others thinking implying our posts will sometimes produce conflict. So what are you saying?

More
6 years 1 month ago #317972 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic I've noticed somthimg
This is a cool way to view our interactions. It does help, a bit, to consider a lot of what goes on here as just people's wild and reckless thoughts spilling onto the page before they've had a chance to really consider why they're writing what they're writing. It does make it a little easier to avoid taking offense, I think, if we are reminding ourselves to be more actively aware of the medium we're using and how it affects our perceptions.

It's not so much about rules of behavior, then, is it? It becomes more a matter of how we are viewing ourselves and other people -- are we able to respect the process of another human being's thoughts transmitted directly to us through the medium of the 'net? Do we fully equate their online presence, the presence of their thoughts in black and white before us, as the inner workings of another human being (and can we empathize with them rather than try to tear them down?)

And, if these are all thought, some thoughts will be intrusive ones that aren't really constructive -- but it's like that with every human mind. We all have thoughts emerge within us that we recognize as unhelpful. Perhaps, if we can recognize that the same is true for others we can learn to take less offense when people are appearing to be on some sort of aggressive path -- after all, it's just their minds running with a thread of thought, and they might be unaware of what's really happening.

As an exercise I think this is nifty. :)

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi