More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317593 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
MRIs are good for naps! ... unless you're like me and twitch in your sleep lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317598 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
Whenever I am faced with what seems an insurmountable task, I'll just force a smile out of myself and utter "this is where the fun begins".

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317601 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
oh that reminds me Manu. When I'm going through tough nasty stuff, I think "It has come to the Triarii". The Triarii were the hard-core, experienced, and elite Roman troops. They were always held in reserve, they were the last ones on the field and only when everyone else has been defeated. The saying is two-fold. "Shit's hit the fan" and "Now the big boys have come to play"

I like that it both acknowledges how bad things have gotten, while also getting that bit of boost with the feeling that now the big guns have come to play!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317602 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
If I've stuffed up with Ms Adder, I'll tend to drop a "are we still an effective team".... from the movie Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhhMb2eFyHY

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317605 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic "I'm bad at this game!"

Adder wrote: If I've stuffed up with Ms Adder, I'll tend to drop a "are we still an effective team".... from the movie Oblivion.

What happens if she says "no"? :unsure: :dry:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317608 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic "I'm bad at this game!"

Manu wrote: What happens if she says "no"? :unsure: :dry:

The doors open and the robots wake up!!! Hehe, a tacit acknowledgement, opportunity for passive expression (hopefully not too much passive aggression), and change of tempo away from the context of my stuff up :D Distraction is key :whistle:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317618 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
As a structural engineer I lift heavy things quite often. A few of my counterparts are female and when there struggling to lift somthing I always help them out, and when they comment after I always say "you just have to lift with your back and use a sharp jerking motion"...(the most incorrect way to lift anything) they've heard that a hundred times but for whatever reason I can't resist saying it.

Disclaimer: the preceding post was not ment to be sexist in any way. Women can and do lift heavy things all the time....just not the ones I work with..lol...for what it's worth I turn to them for help with math...there way smarter than me....and they know it.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #317621 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic "I'm bad at this game!"
I probably have a couple dozen litle mantras that i use to get myself through all kinds of common, difficult or anxiety inducing moments. Few of which are family friendly lol. One that i like and use quite a lot is to remind myself that you cant just already BE strong: you have to get through difficult things, and this is what MAKES you strong.
Then i remind myself that ive been through much worse that whatever it is im doing and assure myself "i can do it!"
Like the Little Engine that Could, i find that if i keep telling (yelling at) myself that i can do it, i usually can.

... Disclaimer: the preceding post was not ment to be sexist in any way. Women can and do lift heavy things all the time....

Lol, lets be honest: most cant, and dont :P The truth isnt sexist, its just the truth and its ok to speak it. We all play our parts and they are all important. Insisting that we should all play the same parts equally well is just delusional.
Women who can and do lift heavy things are pretty rare (but theyre out there!)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi