The Philosophy of Stuff n Thangs

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310586 by
I wanted to make a forum where I can post my thoughts and where others could post theirs. A place where we can discuss ideas, ideals, theories, and beliefs. A place where we gather and listen. A place to analyze and grow. Once a week I will drop something off here. I can only advise waiting to drop something new if someone else has the floor currently. When in doubt send a pm to either myself or the OP. I hope you all come, even to tell me that I'm wrong on every level.

Every second of every day, our brains work tirelessly. They process, store, match, reject, judge, and calculate. Every experience we have our brain tries to dissect and study. To recognize the moving cogs and details we have stored from the past. In fact every thought we have is from the past. Who we are is a collection of all our thoughts and experiences. The consequence of all of our actions. All of our choices. We are a million moments culminating into this moment right now.

Yet, as we grow on our journey we find that we can distinguish between our thoughts and our consciousness. The mental chatter of our mind can roll on as if it was being spoken by someone separate from ourselves. It is a strange realization to notice that we are not tied down by our thoughts. To notice that we are more than our thoughts. More than our minds. We are the moment. We are experience. One perspective in the grand experience of life. An experience seen through countless eyes and felt through countless senses. A speck on the sandy beaches of the universe.

In this aspect we are all part of the world around us. Joined by a seamless eternity of Now. We are all one in the moment. Our differences, our likes, our hobbies, our beliefs, they all fade into the background noise of life in our moments of profound understanding. In our moments that we reconnect with the rest of ourselves in realizing we are nobody and everybody. When we rejoin with now and experience.

Living life this way would be a challenge. How could we continue going on in the hustle and bustle of everyday life? How could we work our lives away with the understanding that none of this has meaning? That our lives are a lie, the biggest illusion ever created. True we are the moment, eternally. The meaning in our lives isn’t the hustle or the bustle. The meaning is what we make it. Our purpose is what we decide. “Find your bliss” spoke Joseph Campbell. Find your truth. We are the moment so make the moment great. Make it worthy. Be who you want to be, right now.

There are many more of us out there who are not ready yet to lose their individuality or their attachment to the illusion of life. We must remember that they too are part of the experience. They are connected to us and the moment. We are bonded. It is with this knowledge that we find a deep respect and love for all. This knowledge brings compassion and tolerance. It brings understanding. When we help our brothers and sisters in life we help the world, the experience. Like medicine to cure the sicknesses of our bodies, our love cures the sicknesses of the world. Our light heals and comforts.

It is odd that our disconnection binds and connects us even further. Further than we could have previously imagined. Such a beautiful twist in the chaos of life. That’s the whole point though isn’t it? To find the beauty in the chaos?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310945 by
Replied by on topic The Philosophy of Stuff n Thangs
*Le shameless bump*

More
6 years 3 months ago #310959 by Carlos.Martinez3
To some : to see the Beauty in the mess can some up one focus. Some see that as a primary focus. To be able to see beauty AND mess and find joy can be another and still to find bliss is yet still another. I was talking with the wife tonight about that actually - happiness. To be able to define what makes you personally happy is a meditation session we all need in life. To identify it for ourselfs and acknowledge that . Then we can know how to find ...bliss. For some - bliss is a 4 letter word. I know it's 5 but you know what I mean. Lol
Once we know what actually - really - for reals reals - real talk - makes us happy then we can start to cultivate it . You can't take every one else's word for what makes them happy or their definition : nahh bra! Lol and don't buy what others call happy : cuz it ain't for sale ! Happy seeking and may the force keep ya.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310962 by
So true. How easy it is for us to confuse gratification with true joy. I'm not even sure if I've found my bliss yet. I have a good idea but getting from here to there is a challenge. A challenge that I'm sure will be worthy in itself.

More
6 years 3 months ago #310963 by Carlos.Martinez3

JLSpinner wrote: So true. How easy it is for us to confuse gratification with true joy. I'm not even sure if I've found my bliss yet. I have a good idea but getting from here to there is a challenge. A challenge that I'm sure will be worthy in itself.

It's possible - so possible . Where is bliss felt ? In you ? Is it eyes ears nose mouth hands skin ? Or ... that's a start ... lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310966 by
Deep thoughts. Its always difficult to explain such things in words.

If you are truly here there is no bliss or sorrow. Whatever you do you just do.

To search for bliss creates a craving. Sorrow, pain, bliss, love can create a hurdle in our process of learning. Once we think we found bliss we always want that bliss. Whenever we don't have it we crave for it and say this is a bad moment I need my bliss. Only the experience of bliss is worth my life/time. The only thing that is constant is change. So every moment everything changes. Whatever it is we can only watch it and accept it.

Of course you can feel bliss, love, sorrow and so on but you need to really feel it in a mental state of equanimity. Look at them, express them get totally crazy but deep inside you are silent and equanimous.

Can you relate to this?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310969 by Alexandre Orion
See ... ? :)

That constant stream of "language" (thoughts), the sensations, the tensions inclined to desires (to acquire/to avoid), and all the "meaning" (logos) we make to narrate-knit all the "parts" (parts ?) together into something we delude ourselves into thinking we can/have "grasp(ed)" -- who is listening/participating ?

The period of events (what) re-re-re- ... -re-cognised in our bodily sensations over time-space and given meaning - even an absurd one - (why) by our sensibilities occasions duration (when/where/now). Even the events regarded as separate ones by our senses are merely embedded like a relentless матрёшка into the Event, the wrestling dance of Chaos with Cosmos (Disorder/Order).~ those too occurring as momentary meant meanings (what-why-when)...

It isn't even clear that it is our consciousness that chisels up the Event into 'things/separate events' -- consciousness may be an indivisible event (of the Event), suchlike a drop of water in an ocean. But we've had that metaphor before - we "re-cognise" it... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310970 by
I find a huge difference between bliss and seeking pleasure. Bliss isn't something to take away the suffering. It's a peace and fulfillment. Now the craving of said bliss could indeed cause suffering. It isn't something acquired through the perversion of desire. It's something to be realized.
Yes I can relate. It was a hard struggle for me to learn how to adapt to the moment. I was always a what if and day dreaming kind of guy, sometimes I still am. However, thanks to this Temple, my mind is usually very quiet. This let's me focus on the moment and keeps me from getting lost in memories or anticipation. I do what is in front of me and whether or not it's good or bad I will do it just the same and move on.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311012 by

JLSpinner wrote: However, thanks to this Temple, my mind is usually very quiet. This let's me focus on the moment and keeps me from getting lost in memories or anticipation. I do what is in front of me and whether or not it's good or bad I will do it just the same and move on.

If this were true I would find it quite sad. However my inclination is to believe that it is really just self delusion. How do you do what is in front of you without constantly drawing on your past and the experience and wisdom that brings and how do you do what is in front of you without constantly thinking and planning to a future result of that effort? To remain in the moment alone seems an effort in futility. Bliss is not found in the moment alone for me. It is found not only in the potential milestones of the struggle of the present but also in undeniable failures of that struggles past and the potential victories of that struggles future.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311017 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Bliss is not found in the moment alone for me. It is found not only in the potential milestones of the struggle of the present but also in undeniable failures of that struggles past and the potential victories of that struggles future.

For you, perhaps...

Power of Now, it's in the library in audio and txt format, you might want to check that out... ;)

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi