Opinions

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #308150 by Jack.Troutman
Opinions was created by Jack.Troutman
I get asked all the time why I don't have more of a presence within the forums. I get told about this argument or that argument and I need to be involved because it directly affects me. I have only been a part of this Temple for two years, but I have seen quite a bit. I have noticed the same thing in here that happens everywhere else...it passes. A thing happens which causes quite a bit of upheaval and everyone seems to get up in arms and upset about various things.
I have only spoken up a few times, when it involved a friend or when something got way out of control. One thing the Jedi way teaches is patience. Too many Jedi do not exhibit said patience. Some are quick to judge and jump in where no action would be a better course of action. As Jedi we need to have calmer heads and the patience to wait and see, because for all the bravado of some of these "major issues", we are still here, I am still here.
Let's better prepare ourselves and practice a little patience. Let's not be so quick to jump into the upheaval and be the cause of more problems. While there have been members here in the Temple to cause trouble and troll simply for that purpose, that is when we need to Jedi up and be the calm, be the reason.
No, I comment very little on some of these major problems because I can see through them for the tiny nuisance that it truly is and not the end of times problems it may be made out to seem. I ask you all to have an opinion, but also temper that opinion with the wisdom of a Jedi. Not every problem has an answer other than time. Take a little time, have some patience, and focus your energies on promoting the community as a whole and helping the communities in which you live.
Concentrate more on helping in your circles and expand those circles by promoting the Jedi way. Everything has a way. Peace, patience, and love is my way.
The home page here at the Temple says, "We believe in Peace, Justice, Love, Learning and Benevolence: It is unlikely that the Jedi way conflicts with other beliefs and traditions." I honestly believe that and embrace that. Some have forgotten that, it is my duty as a Jedi to not condemn them, but to help until I can no longer help.
We need, as a whole, to have a little more Focus, knowledge, and wisdom. Don't be quick to anger or judge. I have had four people close to me within the last two months move once again into the Force. I found solace in our teachings and in our code:

There is no emotion: There is peace
There is no Ignorance: there is Knowledge.
There is no Passion: there is Serenity.
There is no Chaos: there is Harmony.
There is no Death: there is the Force.

Promote healing and love and the rest will eventually fall into place. No, I am not big on posting trivial things or commenting on things that I have seen happen over and over and knowing it will soon pass. I am here, I will remain here, and I will always offer whatever help I can. My inbox is always open to listen to you and if you need, I will give you my cell phone number and you can call me anytime, day or night.
I love the Temple, I love being a Jedi, and I love you all. You all matter and know this, I truly care so don't ever feel alone or not wanted.

Peace and Patience

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jack.Troutman. Reason: content
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #308151 by
Replied by on topic Opinions
Nicely said man
:)

More
6 years 3 months ago #308155 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Opinions
Very nicely said and very timely indeed. I believe we should keep this in mind not just here but for the holiday season overall. A lot of stress happens during this time of year so I feel its useful to realize this has all likely happened before and this too shall pass with us continuing ever forward.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #308157 by
Good points, but there is two ways of looking at it.

A Jedi, and moreso a Knight (which we both aspire to be, being Apprentices), is a leader and defender. It is hard to defend or lead from behind. Making your opinion known will not throw off the peace and harmony of this place unless you intend it to, or whomever takes your words and twists them to cause discord intends to cause harm.

"Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony."

I'd like to focus on the last sentence of this part of the Doctrine. "We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity..." Is it easy getting involved in volatile threads? No. But to walk into a hurricane and find that peaceful centre is what we are about. So when the winds kick up and the time comes to act, act. You can't cause peace through doing nothing, saying nothing. If peace happens if you do nothing or said nothing, you had no hand in bringing it about.

Is it easy? No. Sometimes it doesn't work out, even if you do get involved. But get involved is what I do. It helps me train to defuse situations like that in future. It numbs me to attacks so I can face it without fear.

More
6 years 3 months ago #308161 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic Opinions
Well said Arisaig. I am all about helping and I will absolutely help without pause. but with due thinking. I was merely stating that not every situation needs involvement and that any involvement in some situations perpetuates the problem. Granted every situation is different, and as Jedi and one day Knights, we are at task of knowing the difference.
Peace with you my friend.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 3 months ago #308166 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Opinions
After thinking about what was said so far I agree with the idea that entering into such matters can be a duty when the goal is to calm the matter. However, knowning when further discussion will be useful and when it just adds to the issue can be tricky. Worse I think it's easy to become numb to things we see regularly. Its easy to know that some irritations will pass if you are exposed to them time and again. So what then would we suggest for dealing with them when they pop up for those that are not as experienced?

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #308167 by

MadHatter wrote: After thinking about what was said so far I agree with the idea that entering into such matters can be a duty when the goal is to calm the matter. However, knowning when further discussion will be useful and when it just adds to the issue can be tricky. Worse I think it's easy to become numb to things we see regularly. Its easy to know that some irritations will pass if you are exposed to them time and again. So what then would we suggest for dealing with them when they pop up for those that are not as experienced?

To understand what is going on. Read each post and understand them. Rationalise each side, realise each side has valid points. Navigate the storm until you find that peaceful centre, then call people to you.

More
6 years 3 months ago #308171 by Jack.Troutman

MadHatter wrote: Its easy to know that some irritations will pass if you are exposed to them time and again. So what then would we suggest for dealing with them when they pop up for those that are not as experienced?

My answer? To let them know that there is more than one solution to any problem. My advice is to stay calm while exploring those options of resolution and decide for yourself. My opinion, your opinion, or anyone else's opinion does not have to be agreed with, it is how those opinions are expressed as to how they are received.

More
6 years 3 months ago #308172 by Jack.Troutman
Thank you for the responses, I did not think I would generate any conversation. :)

More
6 years 3 months ago #308181 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Opinions

Jack.Troutman wrote: I get asked all the time why I don't have more of a presence within the forums.

Answer: because Jack is getting things done. #Jackism. ;) :cheer:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi