A Project: Jedi History - 2001 to Now

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307800 by
I'm working on a new site, and while I have the Origins of the Jedi community (from 1995 to 2001), I was wondering if there was a reference to TOTJO's history, from it's forming to now.

Anyone have some info I could use?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307805 by
Im already doing something like this.....it will be going up for publishing soon-ish...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307806 by
This is all I can find https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/106924-jediism-history

More
6 years 4 months ago #307824 by steamboat28
I have nothing to contribute, but we need as many sources of this history as we can get. Anybody who wants to make a "history of jediism" site should, so long as they use well-researched facts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307826 by
History is important and something that so few seem to respect.

And I think it's great that people are starting to get more of a feel for it....

Still. Why re-create something that is already in the works? ;) Why not instead be a support or assisting factor in what is already there?

Once I am done, I had planned on asking you, Streen, to look it over and write a Review Along with Relan (Who helped me create alot of ground work) and several others before publishing it.

However.....If your interested in striking out on your own then your welcome to look over my old rough draft file, just be considerate and source me if you use it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjZ5iamWgKtgyZOG68SS9Cs1-M4NWxqOnPEboLlRsOE/edit?usp=sharing

The newer and more updated version is still being worked on so...ill not be sharing that until its ready :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307827 by
You're awesome, Trisskar! :D I didn't realize you already had so much work done, and I certainly don't want to step on your toes. But I would greatly appreciate using your rough draft information, and of course I would give you full credit. I just wanted to have a little more information than what I have now.

Once you're done though (and I'd be happy to help in any way I can in the mean time) I would just post a link to your finished product. No need to "re-create something that is already in the works" ;) Feel free to PM me if there's something I can do to help.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307828 by
Im currently at the "JEDI.org" chapter in the new version clean up. Which is surprisingly being difficult lol - so if you have a way back machine link or something on JEDI.org that would help a ton. For some reason nothings coming up for me which is odd because I used to be able to pull it up in the past....

Once the new version is set ill be updating Just Jedi and will share the link. I didn't want to bother until the new edits were done since im fixing up ALOT of things and adding alot of things in the process so easier to just wait rather than double up the work.

My goal is to be done by mid January if not by new years (Likely wont be until later but eh...dream big right?)

my Hope is to have it published on Amazon for Kindle, Paper Back and then of course free on Just Jedi Datacrons.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307868 by
I just posted this at Just Jedi's facebook group. I keep that page updated on my work....your free to join it Streen if you wish to stay in the know how :) Link in sig...

This past month I have been really busy with a Jedi History manual that I hope will find it's way up into Amazon publishing. Of course, this information will also be found for free on Just Jedi as I believe such information shouldn't have a price on it....but for those who likes physical, paper back books and/or kindle resources....I hope to make that possible. I am more than half way done too!! Here is what I have completed so far. (Please note. There were many many more sites than just the ones listed here...but not every Jedi site of the past was recorded well enough for use, or wasn't around enough to warrant a full chapter of it's own, I hope to add an ending index of site names just for memory sake, but they won't be descriptive.))
Kharis Knightflyer 1995
Jedi Lore 1997
The Jedi Academy 1996
Jedi Of The New Millennium 1997
The Force Academy

The Jedi Creed 1999
Temple of the Jedi 2000
JEDI.org 2000 [Information Currently Unavailable! 0_0]
Jediism.org 2001
First Jedi Gathering 2002
Power Of The Jedi Source Book 2002
Jedi Sanctuary 2003[/quote]
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307894 by
Speaking of recreating something that already exist and citing sources.

The document you shared seems to have a lot of inaccuracies and missing information. People missing from the gathering attendance list. Some creation dates that are off. The popular misconception that 501 status is government recognition of religious status in the U.S. and if that were the case Brandel would probably still be the first community recognized status holder. Incorrect founders for certain groups. Just a lot of things that are off. And some things which are direct copy/paste, but not credited? Not to mention the point of this post was 2001 to now. But the shared document is very lite on the developmental years 2004-2008 which saw the foundations of the current community basically come into place. Especially for those using the term Jediism.

You sure end of the year is your publish date? Seems ambitious.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307895 by
I am quite aware of the inaccuracy's. Hense why that is the "First Rough Draft" :)

And yes. I have already said it is an ambitious goal date.

Id be more than happy to have your brains on the matter once the updated version is ready :) I am after all looking for Review's to add to the ending pages. But I understand if your more interested in critiquing, your own work in Jedi History is well known and i'll gladly take whatever advice you wish to share.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi