Cantina Chat on Sunday, December 10th at 6PM EST

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #307486 by
Hello everyone!

The Cantina chat today was hosted by the fantastic Joreguar and it went amazingly well, Thank you for hosting!!! Lots was learned, much was shared, and, ultimately, we learned that Lykeios had the biggest water bottle in the chat!

As we are trying to get this going on a regular basis, I am happy to announce that we will be having another discussion next Sunday, the 10th, at the same time! For the past two meetings, we used google hangouts (which had a user limit of only 10 users) but are going to be trying out Discord for next week's discussion. Discord needs to be downloaded (via pc, phone, tablet, etc) in order to be used. While it is possible to use it on your web browser, it is highly recommended that you download the app. You may download the app here: https://discordapp.com/

Once the date gets closer, I'll be sending out the discord group link via DM. If you are interested in participating please send me a DM stating that you'll be attending and please do the following:

- In order to keep the hangout legally and emotionally safe for all involved, please be sure to send a DM with your age and discord account name. A list will be compiled and all people will be DMed the list so that you know who is and isn't coming. The list will close at Midnight EST Saturday night/Sunday morning, and be sent out shortly after it closes.

- Make sure you join the shoutbox group first so that we can easily pull you into the chat hangout on the day of.

- I will give you a heads up on at least some of the topics that will be put forth for discussion by Friday.

- If your availability changes, let me know so that we can modify the list and pull someone else in before the list closes.

- The chat is still at 6:00pm EST on Sunday December 10th.

I'm looking forward to being your host and to having a fruitful discussion! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #307488 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thanks for the post, Vlad!

I’ll most likely be there next week as well.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307504 by
Hello Vlad. I will definitely be there next week!

More
6 years 3 months ago #307508 by thomaswfaulkner
Count me in! :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.

More
6 years 3 months ago #307537 by Zenchi
Definitely interested, what is the topic about for this week's chat?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307730 by
at the moment, I'm stuck between 2 topics but I will have an answer for you tomorrow!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307865 by
alright guys! It's a day late but it's here!

This coming Sunday, the topic will be: service!

Big word for us, Jedi!

Remember, if you are interested in participating, please send me a DM with the info requested!

More
6 years 3 months ago #307872 by thomaswfaulkner
Awesome possum! Do you want me to bring the snacks? I was thinking chocolate syrup and/or pickle juice. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.

More
6 years 3 months ago #307950 by Zenchi
Looks like I am having to sit back on this one, and maby even the next (hopefully not) I have a commission from Jack Troutman and I'd like to give it the full attention it deserves. Rest of the month is going to be hectic for me, not necessarily a bad thing though...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

More
6 years 3 months ago #307953 by Zenchi
Unless that is, we don't have a volunteer to host for next week, then I'll step in and make time...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi