Chat Sunday December 3rd 6:00 pm EST

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307004 by
Hey everyone!

Much Thanks to Arisaig who ran the chat today, November 26th, and thanks to all those who showed up to participate. Next week, we are looking forward to another lovely chat. If anyone is interested, please post here so that we have an idea of who's coming.

Logistics:
The chat will be hosted on Google Hangouts.
There are only 10 video spots open, so please only take a video slot if you have a working mic.
The chat takes place at 6PM EST.
Request the link via DM (Direct Message).

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Joreguar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307005 by
;P of course I'll be there. DMing you now. :) Thanks for being willing to host next chat.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307007 by
I will be there as well. Will send you a DM and thank you for hosting. Really enjoyed this weeks chat. Now that I know how the mic on my computer works, I look forward to speaking with you all more :)

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307016 by Zenchi
OK, I wrote up some basic guidelines, basically the joining "by link" is a bad idea, it allows anyone a door, and it's ultimately the responsibility of the host to know who has access. You essentially need to be a good dungeon master in lamens terms, having complete control over who comes and goes, otherwise we open ourselves up to alot of possible problems...

1. It is the responsibility of the host to advertise for hangout

2. It is the responsibility of the host to get a list of all interested in joining said hangout (group should not be created till the day of the video call) TOTJO usernames AND age are required on the list of participants.

3. it is the responsibility of the host to provide a list of everyone interested in joining to everyone interested in joining, thus no surprise arrivals. List should include username, and Age of all who are interested in joining.

4. It is the responsibility of the host to set a reasonable deadline for joining, like for example providing the list to everyone 12 to 24 hrs in advance. This would require the deadline to coincide for providing everyone the list of Interested attendees.

5. It is the responsibility of the host to alert all people planning on attending that they need to notify the host within 60 to 30 minutes before the hangout so the host knows who exactly to pull into the discussion.

6. It is the responsibilitiy of the Host to set the topic for the discussion and initialize discussion guiding it ensuring everyone contributes and participates. This ensures a smoother flow and creates a more better atmosphere for all participants...

7. It is the responsibility of the host to provide any materials (reading, video, etc) to all interested members two days in advance so everyone has time to prepare for the discussion. This helps to ensure smooth flow and better atmosphere for everyone involved should additional materials be necessary for the topic discussion in chat.

So essentially the host will drag everyone who's notified you within the hour before the hangout (that is on the list only, no last minute attendees) into the group and have the discussion.
Everyone MUST have workable mics, video is not required...

I know it sounds like alot but we're essentially just covering our butts and keeping the hangout a SAFE PLACE. The only way to ensure that is to have total control over the participants and the environment in which the discussion is to be held...

One more thing, everyone interested needs to be a member of the shout box hangout group, this enables the host to pull the participants quickly into the video discussion, and again prevents people from popping in without notice. The link is below...