Sith Code better for everyday life?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301975 by
I have found that the Sith Code is far more applicable to my daily life then the Jedi code is. I often use hate to sustain myself during workouts and boxing matches, be it just frustration at life in general or hate of the opponent. Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301977 by JamesSand
Uh....huh.

Some here believe every opinion deserves infinite consideration.

I'm more of the "Never heard of you. Your user name, avatar, and first post appear to be deliberately provocative, can I go back to my coffee now?" camp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Breeze el Tierno

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301981 by
Well of course you haven't heard of me, this is my first post. Also, I wouldn't think that this post would be considered provocative, though I do get your point on my photo.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301982 by
Emotions themselves aren't the issue. It's how we let them govern our actions. Many here are more closely related to the "Gray" Jedi of the fiction.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301986 by Carlos.Martinez3

Maybe_the_sith_arent_so_bad wrote: I have found that the Sith Code is far more applicable to my daily life then the Jedi code is. I often use hate to sustain myself during workouts and boxing matches, be it just frustration at life in general or hate of the opponent. Thoughts?

What a wonderful thing you have found for yourself ! It is my goal in this place to no longer take sides just encourage ! We share a few of the same feelings on the subject. I use many codes ... ways ... ideas at a many difrent times in my life ! Good on ya!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301989 by Albali Cometlast
I believe that with the current system that is the society, where practically to advance in the labor, professional or academic world you must do it passing over the others, the sith code is the one that you must apply if you want to arrive of the "easy way " to the top.

as the Jedi code invites more peace and serenity, supporting almost all its foundations in knowledge. (for me the long and difficult way to advance in this type of society) but that in the long run is the one that will give better results in the long term.

obviously the Sith code invites us to do things in a different way, seeking more passion over all things and seek victory through strength and power, but basing everything on passion, something that is not entirely wrong in my way of seeing things and my way of living.
If you want to advance here in the temple, in your IP (initiate program)you will realize the great virtues of the Jedi code, but when I did that part of my IP I realized that I do not agree with the part of the Jedi code that there should not be passion, rather than being Jedi we are human beings and we have feelings like passion that drive us much in daily life, I also share your vision of using the sith code in sports since many times in this type of activities you need passion, strength and power to achieve victory, but for the common life it seems to me that the best way to achieve your personal, professional and academic life goals is the way the Jedi do it. With serenity, peace and the most important thing (in my way of seeing the code) with KNOWLEADGE

I leave a picture showing both sith and jedi code for the other that want to familiarize with them.

Attachment codigosithyjedi_2017-09-21.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Albali Cometlast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301998 by

Maybe_the_sith_arent_so_bad wrote: I have found that the Sith Code is far more applicable to my daily life then the Jedi code is. I often use hate to sustain myself during workouts and boxing matches, be it just frustration at life in general or hate of the opponent. Thoughts?

Yeah, quite a few people think as you do.

In the end, here it is mostly along the idea of "Do no harm." As long as you don't follow the Sith Code to the point of... I dunno, a Death Star, and as long as it makes you a better person, then by all means have at it! ;p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302003 by
I generally see where you are going however I think you have written it in a simplistic and provocative way. Hate is blinding; taken to hyperbolic levels it becomes crippling and self-consuming, M.A.D: Mutually Assured Destruction.

Frustration and perseverance, yes, I think those speak more with the Sith code to face the challenges of our lives. Our emotions and passions should also be tempered in order to ensure we are not treading down destructive paths.

My passions and ideals fuel me to become more knowledgeable but I do so from a position of intellectualism, not hate for the other.

The Sith and Jedi codes come from very different philosophical points, both seek to address aspects of the human condition. It is the individual that must choose how one navigates between the two.

Attachment greyjedi.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #302004 by Manu

Maybe_the_sith_arent_so_bad wrote: I often use hate to sustain myself during workouts and boxing matches, be it just frustration at life in general or hate of the opponent. Thoughts?

"Hate" is not a part of the Sith Code, unless you equate it with Passion. How do you use hate in your favor?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302005 by
Well, Specifically with boxing, I have found that I can use hate I have for the opponent to allow me to hit harder and have greater stamina. I don't really know how to explain it any other way.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi