Where were you on september 11 2001

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301208 by
Where were you when we were attacked? Where were you when they hit our towers?What were you doing when we were hurting? Please remember today is for our mourning and we must never forget today's message. For today is September 11. God bless America God bless us all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301211 by Kobos
I was in this classroom I am currently sitting in I was a student here at the time just 14 years old, I was in the furthest right row of desks 3rd from the back of the class. I remember them rolling in the TV so we could watch what was happening. It is indeed an interesting cycle of life that I am now administering this study-hall. I have been pondering how I would have responded as the teacher in that situation. I have had some conversations with the students about that day and how vividly I remember it.

Never forget the innocents lost that day and the direction it took the world. Force be with America and indeed Force be with all of humanity so we may learn to not repeat such sorrowful events.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, FTPC

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301213 by
Junior Year Highschool..... I was in history class contemplating a vivid dream I had that morning. I had been plauged by a repeating theme of dreams for two years and was trying to figure out what it meant (Dream Interpretation)

Class got interrupted - A TV was wheeled in and we were told to remain in our class, unable to return to our dorms or home.

One of our students was crying and upset because she had family in the twin towers. Others were in similar panic in the hallway.

I remember being impressed with the American Pride that came after the attacks. Everywhere you went people had rekindled their patriotic spirit and were much more appreciative of the lives we had here in America.

Course.....That is long since gone by now XD haha.....But it was notable back then.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301215 by
Junior year of high school. When I was driving into school, they cut away from the music on my usual radio station to give a brief update about the Twin Towers being attacked. Then they went back to music. I was really confused, but I thought it must be a joke or something, because why would they go back to music if something like that had actually happened? Then I got to school and the secretary was listening to the news on the radio. I said, "Wait, that's real?!"

We sat in our classrooms watching TV all day, except for 6th period. My English teacher had us sit quietly and write whatever we wanted to, and said he wasn't going to read what we wrote. At the time I thought it was crazy - why were we doing such a pointless exercise when such a thing was happening? We needed to be watching TV. But now I realize that he was allowing us space to process our thoughts and fears. I remember thinking that my plan for my future was over; I wouldn't be able to go to college on the East Coast because it would be too dangerous. But I did go to college on the East Coast. Take that, terrorists.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301218 by FTPC
I was a headed class at My Local community college,
then I called a buddy of mine when I had got home, that afternoon
Because I could not believe that the attacks on NYC were real

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301219 by
I was a squad leader in Marine Corps boot camp...MCRD San Diego...we were cleaning the squadbay after morning chow...

Our duty drill instructor for the day came in on the quarterdeck and just screamed "We're going to war...B!#@*#%S!", then went into the duty hut.

We continued cleaning the squadbay, wondering what had gotten into him.

Over the next couple days we heard tidbits of the event...but had no outside world communication...and more or less passed it off as part of the "training element"...assuming they had just fabricated the event to create a motivational tool for the remainder of training.

The base went on lock down. Regular Marine patrols roved the streets. Planes which had been taxing on the other side of the fence at the San Diego airport remained in their resting points on the tarmac. The absence of aircraft activity was eerie. It seemed like a rather elaborate fabrication just to be a training event.

A little over a week later, the Company Commander collected the platoons one by one and brought a TV on rollers with him to show us some of the footage. It still seemed fake. Then we got phone calls home...about 60 seconds each...just to let our parents/loved-ones know we were ok, and that our training would continue as planned without an expedition.

I'm not sure whether it ever truly sank in.

But I'll never forget.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301224 by Loudzoo
I was working on the trading floor of an investment bank that used to be called Credit Suisse First Boston, in London. I was talking to a colleague in New York on the phone when the first plane hit. Our New York office was on Madison - not at the WFC, and I was still speaking with him when the second plane hit. At that point they had to evacuate the building so we finished our conversation, and then we got evacuated out of Canary Wharf in London because of the perceived terrorist threat here. For many years after that we made a point of speaking to each other every Sep 11 even though we were subsequently doing very different things. We both lost people we knew that day.

It was both incredibly real, and incredibly surreal. I'd done 3 months of graduate training in the WFC, eaten in the restaurants, drunk at the bars, been to parties at Windows on the World - and then they were on fire, and then they were gone. A day I will never forget . . . and people that I hope never to forget . . .

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301226 by
7th grade, English class. I was 11 years old and aloof to everything since no one told us anything. I just kept seeing kids being pulled from my classroom for some reason. I live in Northern VA not even 30 minutes from the Pentagon so later I found out a lot of the kids being pulled had family/friends that worked there.

Near the end of the school day, my teacher turned on the news and we saw exactly what happened. It was mind numbing. To this day, I will never forget driving by the Pentagon and seeing it destroyed like that, it will haunt a person. I couldn't even fathom seeing the towers in NY in person, I would break down.

Never forget those who were lost and those who gave their lives.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301227 by

I was at home. I came down to the living room to get my things from school. My mother had the news on and told me about the first tower. She was telling me it was some kind of accident. She had her back turned to the TV while she was talking to me when the 2nd got hit. I just pointed to the TV and she turned back around and started to cry. I gave her a hug and left to catch the school bus. I was in middle school so It took some time for me to fully grasp what happened.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 7 months ago #301244 by ren
I was in college. It interrupted my meal. Public transport terrorism was nothing new to me, and in the grand scheme of things it seemed unimportant. I had not yet understood the true power of generalised hysteria, or that dead rich people matter a great deal more than regular ones.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi