I've decided I'm gonna be a "Sith"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297690 by
No need to explain, for sure. But, since you decided to announce it in the open, it has become open for discussion and probing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297709 by

No need to explain, for sure. But, since you decided to announce it in the open, it has become open for discussion and probing.

Bah, people can probe all day, doesn't mean OP has to care :)

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApkB9Zp5-s

EXACTLY.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297712 by
Of course. Nobody's holding anybody to the fire.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297741 by

JamesSand wrote:

Honestly, yeah, it's just the code. I'm willing to just commit to the jedi code, if it is utterly necessary.

Not really.

I think what these various nutters are trying to say is: "The Wand Chooses the Wizard" ?

(Is that just more confusing?)

Aha! I know the solution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUNLqtHRP8

I see what you're getting at!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297744 by

Manu wrote: Gizmo, you have an interesting signature:

Life is too short to live it in turmoil, stay out of the darkness and remain in the light~!

What does "turmoil" mean to you? What does "darkness" and "light" convey to you, with concrete examples?

Answering those questions might give you a better idea as to which lady you want to commit to (Jedi or Sith). In the meantime, no reason not to date both, you player, you. ;)

By my signature I meant that by darkness is bad or unhealthy behaviors like cutting yourself, depression and just being pessimistic. I know most of these some people can't help, but it's more of an encouragement statement for those who go through that.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297745 by
Ok, ok. I really appreciate all of your advice, you all have been in this temple and on your jedi path for a long time, and I will definitely meditate on your advice. I think it has a occurred to me that saying I'll be a sith without going through even jedi training at first was a bit foolish and rash, so I'll stick with the jedi program for now, and see what happens. Any further comments will be read and I will meditate on those too, but as of now this is my verdict.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297748 by

GizmoRazaar wrote: Ok, ok. I really appreciate all of your advice, you all have been in this temple and on your jedi path for a long time, and I will definitely meditate on your advice. I think it has a occurred to me that saying I'll be a sith without going through even jedi training at first was a bit foolish and rash, so I'll stick with the jedi program for now, and see what happens. Any further comments will be read and I will meditate on those too, but as of now this is my verdict.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297785 by Manu

Amyntas wrote:

GizmoRazaar wrote: Ok, ok. I really appreciate all of your advice, you all have been in this temple and on your jedi path for a long time, and I will definitely meditate on your advice. I think it has a occurred to me that saying I'll be a sith without going through even jedi training at first was a bit foolish and rash, so I'll stick with the jedi program for now, and see what happens. Any further comments will be read and I will meditate on those too, but as of now this is my verdict.

Your Jedi mind tricks are super effective, Amyntas.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297807 by JamesSand

Ok, ok. I really appreciate all of your advice, you all have been in this temple and on your jedi path for a long time, and I will definitely meditate on your advice. I think it has a occurred to me that saying I'll be a sith without going through even jedi training at first was a bit foolish and rash, so I'll stick with the jedi program for now, and see what happens. Any further comments will be read and I will meditate on those too, but as of now this is my verdict.

I'm not sure you've really solved any of your problems there :P

As a general rule (we?) Jedi tend (or at least pretend) to be a little less snide and contemptuous, but there's still a strong...aesthetic for owning yourself and your actions.

As far as I can tell Jedi and Sith teachings don't really exist in competition. It may even be quite possible to do both :P

There's no points for "Picking a side" and though we may all have our own preferences, no one here can show you that one path is better than the other (and I don't just mean Jedi or Sith here. We can't prove either of those (whatever they are) are objectively better than anything else) - The path that works for you is a big part of it to start with, and it would be "more Jedi" to take a completely different path if that is what you are going to be best at.

(Which sounds a bit like one of those "If you loved me you'd let me go" type situations, but there it is)

So now we can go through all the same questions and probing again, and swap the word Sith for Jedi and see if you feel any different :P

I'm now going to change tack and argue with Kyrin :P

You dont just decide to be a Jedi or a Sith no more than you decide your sexual orientation. Its not something you become, its something you are and you know it balls to bones. Anything else is just play acting.

Really?

So all that critical thinking, and meditating and habit-changing-practice I go through to be what I "perceive" to be a "better me" is because, balls to bones, I know I am already that better me?
Did I know it when I was doing whatever foolhardy things I did in my youth, or it is something I was taught, researched, thought about, and then decided to align myself with it (out of, probably, some weird brainwashing and influx of privilege related guilt) ?

Maybe that's the difference between Sith and Jedi (it hurts me every time I use those words, but I guess it is what we've got) - Sith know and that means they can get on with their day, one way or another, and Jedi question, it might take them a little longer to get anything done, but occassionally it might have different effects.

I'm sure there are benefits to both methods, and I'm sure both methods have their time and place.

I suppose the Jedi theory is that if they question enough, when the time comes, they too can Know
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JamesSand.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297810 by

Manu wrote:

Amyntas wrote:

Your Jedi mind tricks are super effective, Amyntas.

Are you implying I'm weak-minded? Cuz a jedi mind trick would probably work on me, but I hope that won't be the case soon. I take no offense, but your comment was peculiar.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi