I've decided I'm gonna be a "Sith"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297505 by
GizmoRazaar: Is it just the code that draws you in, or have you done your research? Either way, best of luck. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297508 by
You dont just decide to be a Jedi or a Sith no more than you decide your sexual orientation. Its not something you become, its something you are and you know it balls to bones. Anything else is just play acting.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297511 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You dont just decide to be a Jedi or a Sith no more than you decide your sexual orientation. Its not something you become, its something you are and you know it balls to bones. Anything else is just play acting.

I'm more wondering if it's something they have identified within themselves, or whether it's out of appeal.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297519 by
Then I must be really confused, Kyrin. :P hahah

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297521 by

Connor L. wrote: Then I must be really confused, Kyrin. :P hahah

Why do you say that?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297522 by
Sorry it was a play on the fact that sometimes people are confused about sexual orientation. We don't always admit to ourselves what we are. Some of us even refuse sexual labels. And, to go beyond, sometimes our very gender can come into question.

It's complex.

More than just "knowing if you're Jedi or Sith".

For me, I am not sure yet which I am. I feel drawn to aspects of both paths, and repulsed by some aspects of both paths. But, this isn't about me. Just pointing out that it's complicated to know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297534 by
@Connor

I can understand what your saying but being confused about something is different than just arbitrarily deciding you are something, just because. I think we all explore who we are every day, both from a spiritual standpoint as well as from a sexual standpoint etc. That's a part of the journey.

People can be confused and say "well I'm drawn to this or that or I'm attracted to this or that or curious about it or have questions and I think ill explore that for a while and see where it leads me". However I think its disingenuous to say I think I'm just going to be "X" today and then provide unrealistic reasons why. Whether it be Jedi, Sith or a specific sexual orientation that is another thing all together.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297536 by
I completely agree with you. I was adding some subtlety to your very excellent point.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297537 by Kobos
It is not the code you live by that defines you it is the actions you take in the universe. Is it unusual for Jedi to use methods of the "Dark" to do "Good" and vice-versa for Sith? Live the life that calls you the strongest but among us all we are striving to understand our actions and learn the reasoning behind them in line with what we understand as the guiding force of the universe. This is the point of it all, this is why we study this is The Force. Use it how you please but beware the consequence. Peace find you in whatever path you walk!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor