Constant surprise discontent in forums

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297150 by
I know there's still a lot for the temple to work on.
I know there's still a lot of hurt feelings and people.
I believe emotions are always valid and encourage their being expressed for as long as needed.
I also believe there is a time and place for that expression: Make a new thread. Add to a journal. Consult the clergy. Unleash an epic rant on the rants thread. Cover your kitchen walls with four letter words. Ask a friend for a no holds barred emotional spewing session. Add to an existing relevant thread.

It's entirely possible me in the only one experiencing this, but as I've learned from other threads, that's probably unlikely. Here is my experience this morning, but this kind of thing is happening many times a day for me now.

I've had some time to wake up, done some meditating, had some puppy cuddles. I've stretched and decided to check in with me Temple fam, see what wonderful things people are up to it what troubles I might be able to help with. I'm strolling along through the stream wall all comfortable, starting to contemplate which forums I might wanna visit, do I feel like I could do some IP reading... And suddenly WHAM! Out of the blue, on a stream post about a one thousand percent unrelated topic, a comment that feels bitter and extremely dis-unifying slaps me in the face.

Like.. what? At some point surely there's a time and place, and that time and place is not every time, everywhere?

Please, please tell me if this is an issue that's best dealt with within myself. If it's just me feeling this way. I'm willing to dig to see what I'm projecting, if I am. I'm happy to work to find the beliefs here that aren't serving me.

But if it's a wider community issue... can we make Unity our keyword for a while? Just to see what happens? Unity doesn't mean being fake. It includes, as another wall post pointed out this morning, authentically stating and exploring. But not everywhere all the time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297156 by
It's not just you. I just keep a lot of my thoughts internalized nowadays.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297178 by
More and more, on a lot of fronts, I'm thinking maybe that's my best option. This speaking out experiment isn't going all that well for my life.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297181 by Rosalyn J
Please speak. I will listen

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297182 by
We need to remember why this place exists and why we are here. Often people come here looking for support because they have issues that drove them here. Issues that weren't getting treated or acknowledged elsewhere. We are a haven for people with anxiety, PTSD, depression, and other situations that send us seeking refuge. Not all of us, but some of us are considered "damaged goods".

This makes some of us very sensitive to negativity and stress. It makes others of us lash out in defense at the slightest feeling of being attacked. It makes people seek to fix and control things we can't always fix and we may be critical of each other because we don't know or understand what issues we each face.

At times like this, I look to the Doctrine and try to remember why we call ourselves Jedi. We support each other and we are to be united in our goal to make the world better for all of us. Have faith. There is good here, and it always gets us through moments of weakness and strife. Emotion, yet Peace.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297189 by
Someone has approached me with the idea that perhaps it's not fair to post thoughts and feelings like this without specific examples.

Unless it's for a specific purpose, like clergy or a security offer who is deciding a course if action, or a Knight needing details to bring to their forum... I'm just not comfortable with that.

My transparency has been questioned. In light of that (with my recent theory that if one person is feeling it, others must be also) and the fact that transparency was a key concept in the recent upheaval, I suspect it's best I stick strictly to naming my feelings rather than their sources as I work my Path.

Again, I apologise for my part in the hurt.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297192 by Tellahane
You also have to consider the source. If it's coming from a guest or a member, initiate, novice etc these like others have said are people still seeking a haven. Still trying to figure things out, still trying to sort out there lives. In fact I would be more bothered if I didn't seen some of that within a reasonable time frame. Now if it's coming from a knight or higher, then it starts to bother me a little. Yeah not everyone is 100% infallible but every action is a choice IMO.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297193 by JamesSand

We need to remember why this place exists and why we are here. Often people come here looking for support because they have issues that drove them here. Issues that weren't getting treated or acknowledged elsewhere. We are a haven for people with anxiety, PTSD, depression, and other situations that send us seeking refuge. Not all of us, but some of us are considered "damaged goods".

Reminds me of this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHOOJopc3kk

(Tag yourself)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297194 by

Tellahane wrote: You also have to consider the source. If it's coming from a guest or a member, initiate, novice etc these like others have said are people still seeking a haven. Still trying to figure things out, still trying to sort out there lives. In fact I would be more bothered if I didn't seen some of that within a reasonable time frame. Now if it's coming from a knight or higher, then it starts to bother me a little. Yeah not everyone is 100% infallible but every action is a choice IMO.

That being said, some Novices have been here longer than some Knights. Rank doesn't mean everything.

Also, I'm noticing a lot of "hidden" bullying happen around here lately. Luckily it hasn't happened to me, but I've known people get crap messages from people. Fortunately, I have no idea who these people are.. but yeah.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297197 by Tellahane

Nami wrote:

Tellahane wrote: You also have to consider the source. If it's coming from a guest or a member, initiate, novice etc these like others have said are people still seeking a haven. Still trying to figure things out, still trying to sort out there lives. In fact I would be more bothered if I didn't seen some of that within a reasonable time frame. Now if it's coming from a knight or higher, then it starts to bother me a little. Yeah not everyone is 100% infallible but every action is a choice IMO.

That being said, some Novices have been here longer than some Knights. Rank doesn't mean everything.

Also, I'm noticing a lot of "hidden" bullying happen around here lately. Luckily it hasn't happened to me, but I've known people get crap messages from people. Fortunately, I have no idea who these people are.. but yeah.

Time spent doesn't mean a whole lot either. You can spend 5 years here and if you don't actually put some effort into lessons and teachings you can be just as .....dare I say newb...as anyone else

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi