Edan's in :) Ask me what you fancy.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288244 by Edan
If you don’t know me already, before I stepped down as knight I was (am) Jestor’s apprentice and training master to three of my own apprentices (*waves*).

In my time at TOTJO I have been a Youth Officer, sent 1000s of welcome messages (starting the group that continues today), created the TOTJO Heritage Tree (updated now by Loudzoo) and the Clergy Structure map (updated now by Aqua and Atticus). I have also put together two Jedi publications, "PRISM - Jedi Perspectives" and "Letters To a New Jedi" .
Last but not least, I was part of the excellent group who put together the application for charity status in the UK.

My background is that of Satanism (I am one still), but I’ve meandered through Quakerism and Buddhism in my time.

The others who have done these threads are fine upstanding people of this Temple, but as one that has stepped down, perhaps I can offer different perspectives. I don’t know, maybe I just like answering questions :P

Ask me what you fancy :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Kit, FTPC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288245 by
Why did you step down as a Knight at the temple?

More
6 years 9 months ago #288247 by Edan

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Why did you step down as a Knight at the temple?

My original announcement is here.

There were a multitude of reasons, but the main two were firstly that I was doing a lot for TOTJO at once and it was too much, and secondly that I never really believed in taking oaths. Eventually I felt too strongly about having gone against my own principles to continue in the Solemn Vow as a knight when I felt uncomfortable with it every day. At the time I'd been spending a lot of time with Quakers, who too do not believe in taking vows, and speaking to them and reading their literature helped me to see that it was important I stayed true to myself, even if it meant sacrificing something.
I regretted it for a while, but now I am clear that I did the right thing for me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

More
6 years 9 months ago #288250 by Manu
What moves you to remain at TOTJO?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
6 years 9 months ago #288252 by Edan

Manu wrote: What moves you to remain at TOTJO?

For one it's difficult to walk away from something in which I have invested both a lot of my time and myself, but also there are people here who I still care about. Here I get to see their progress and to read things of interest that they have to say, while no longer having to be part of the structure. There are things I miss that I no longer have access to, but my issues were never with TOTJO as a whole, so I don't feel that I need to cut it out in its entirety.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 9 months ago #288254 by FTPC
will you ever take up the rank of knight or master again, and
if you need some advice
Read my Journal

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/118287-my-path-of-the-jedi?start=30

it might help you out who knows

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288259 by
I've always been fascinated by Satanism and it's followers, so I'll ask about that. Which sect (I think is the right word?) are you a part of and why did you chose that one?

More
6 years 9 months ago #288261 by steamboat28
What do you think of my beard?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
6 years 9 months ago #288269 by Edan

FTPC wrote: will you ever take up the rank of knight or master again

While I've not closed that door completely, currently it seems unlikely.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288270 by Edan

vladucard wrote: I've always been fascinated by Satanism and it's followers, so I'll ask about that. Which sect (I think is the right word?) are you a part of and why did you chose that one?

Satanism is mostly a lot of individuals with individual belief systems. There are groups, the two most visible of which are the Church of Satan and the Satanic Temple, but membership from what I can gather is quite small. When I first became a Satanist the only one really was the Church of Satan; I read some of the literature but that's it. There are other groups (I was a member of a group though I won't say which because I don't want anyone looking them up) but most seem quite closed.

The short answer to your questions then is, I didn't pick any. My initial beliefs emerged from reading literature suggested to me and talking to other Satanists. Back when I became a Satanist there was a fairly big online Satanic forum so it was quite easy back then.

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi