Hi, I'm Rosalyn J! Ask Me Anything

More
6 years 9 months ago #288033 by Rosalyn J

Arisaig wrote: Heya, moved my question here from the duplicate thread. ;)

I understand you just recently became Pastor for the TotJO. Has becoming the Pastor changed your outlook on TotJO as a whole, or not at all?

Also, favourite band or type of music of you don't have a fave band. ;)

1. It has changed not so much my outlook but my feeling of responsibility for the people here. As a knight I certainly felt such a thing, but not on the same level. I guess what I'm working on now is not letting the imagined weight crush me. Sometimes what is actually 5 pounds feels like 50, but its a matter of perspective. There are certainly a lot of things I am learning, unlearning and relearning. Its an experience.

2. I like the Jackson 5

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288049 by Rosalyn J

tzb wrote: What have been your big challenges as a Jedi?

How have you overcome them?

What keeps you on the Jedi path, as opposed to any other religion/philosophy/belief?

1. Without a doubt, my biggest challenge has been myself. Many a time have I gone into the cave without realizing it in order to face myself. As it happens it is the same battle, the same way with different roads ( or maybe the same one's disguised) leading to it. All the other, smaller challenges, extend from that root (truly) despite wgat they look like.

2. I cannot say I have overcome this one, the battle with the self as that is a constant work, especially as I face a new unknown part of my journey. There is a lot of fear and fear leads me to my comfort zone, what has worked, even if its not the ideal or Jedi way, it feels unconscious, or maybe conscious and easy.

3. Many of you may know that I am a Christian although my beliefs and practices dont line up with any denomination or traditional mode of viewing this. It has been my belief that Jedi are what Christians would be if Christians were committed to service. That is still my belief and that is what holds me to the path though the hold is tenuous some times

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288052 by Rosalyn J

ReallyRiver wrote: Will you tell me your favorite story, true or fiction?

I think it'd have to be a toss up between the Harry Potter Series and Ender's Game.

Harry Potter holds a lot of nastalgia for me because my parents waited in line four the Forth book for me. My brother sweet talked a bunch of people into letting him cut because I am disabled. I remember holding that book in my hand and just feeling an overwhelming sense of joy and gratitude.

Ender's Game I read in High School. I know if there was one book I'd like to share with the world it'd be that one, despite the author's attitudes towards one of my communities. The writing sucks you in and then it forces you to ask hard ethical questions. Maybe I haven't been exposed to those types of books. It was a wonder though

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288446 by
I've a friend who genuinely named his first son Alai. Ender's Game is a big one around my circles, too :)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

More
6 years 9 months ago #288450 by steamboat28
i love these threads, but i probably shouldn't post one. lol

What's your favorite breakfast food?

More
6 years 9 months ago #288451 by Alethea Thompson
@Steamboat LMFAO

@Rosalyn

What is your proudest moment in your life to date? :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 9 months ago #288540 by Rosalyn J
Carlos:

If you.. could be interviewed by your top 3 authors who would they be ?

I think I would be too flabergasted by the opportunity. Even now I am thinking, "wow, wonder what questions they would ask me?" I have a terribly mundane life. I'd also get terribly perfectionist about the impending interview and try to read all their works ;(

But anyway, I've narrowed it down:

Toni Morrison
JK Rowling
Orson Scott Card

Steamboat

What's your favorite breakfast food?

Eggs and bacon

Alethea

What is your proudest moment in your life to date? :)

It took me a while to think about this. I have had a lot of moments that I can be proud of, but in having to choose just one, I think it would be the moment I learned to walk independently. I have cerebral palsy and unlike most children, I spent the first five or six years of my life completely confined to a wheelchair. When I turned six I received a surgery to loosen my hamstrings and after the casts came off I was able to walk, a little awkwardly at first, but slowly I became more comfortable with my gait and I can do it more frequently. That first moment and those first steps though are etched in my mind and probably will be there forever.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288548 by
When I was able to work, I worked with kids with special needs. I teared up a bit reading about your experience with walking. Thanks for sharing that.

My current question is, do you believe that material objects can hold non-material meaning, not just in the eye of the beholder, but in general? As examples of my kind of outre question, I mean things like do you believe that the crystalline structure of rose quartz can really improve our feelings of love, or that my grandmother's ring night somehow hold an impression of her?

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288572 by Rosalyn J
Couple of things:

Collective cosciousness makes it so things like rose quartz can improve feelings of love. Many people around the world believe that. So, when you pick up rose quartz you pick it up and you not only connect to the millions (I'm sure) that share that belief, but in wearing it you increase your bond with it, you're conscious of it...and of it working. What the day before might have seemed ordinary, today is very lovely.

Youre grandmother's ring is different but similar. Here I am assuming she wore it from the time she said I do. That's years day in day out. So the short answer is yes. But it opperates on faith. We could say that the essence is lying dormant, unfelt by those without faith. In the same way electricity is dormant without connectors. Believe and you will feel her

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288584 by
Your answers to my most recent questions are absolutely perfect for where I'm at right now. Thank you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi